heRO-Server Forum
Searching for Party - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Suggestions/Questions (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Searching for Party (/showthread.php?tid=10960)

Pages: 1 2

Searching for Party - proto - 08-09-2009

i just noticed that there is no where to post if you are looking for a party or a certain class to train with. I think this would be a good idea for these forums as many other server forums have it and the section has been popular.

RE: Searching for Party - Ellie - 08-09-2009

I've never been on a server with one. I'm interesting in how smoothly it works.
Lots of people simply use @main. Means the people are on at the same time as you, and all, I suppose.
A lot of people here also don't check the forums, I think?

And people usually don't flame grammar. oO

RE: Searching for Party - Aqualys - 08-09-2009

My first server had a party section on the forum, as well as a few more I played on. Generally, they aren't very popular, because not that many people visit the forums, and/or time constraints tend to make it complicated, so people don't bother too much. I'm still in favor of it, though.

RE: Searching for Party - BlueAlchemy - 08-09-2009

Well, I think we had something like that several months back.. but it got buried somewhere in the forums since it was exactly being used.

RE: Searching for Party - GM-Ayu - 08-09-2009

we tried that with a sticky thread in the past but the reaction was cold and people resort to using @main ingame in the end, so that's why we don't have one of those around

RE: Searching for Party - mahawirasd - 08-09-2009

it should make sense for higher level or rarely-touched dungeons, but somehow that poor old thread didn't catch on... Cry

-w-

RE: Searching for Party - Kenshiro-san - 08-10-2009

People use main for that usually you know. Icon_biggrin;
It's a good thing too for being in a guild, since guilds make it even easier to get a party member than asking randomly, and you're more certain of the person's ability to catch up/stay alive with you. Icon_biggrin

RE: Searching for Party - Aaronock - 08-10-2009

Hey Proto, you should just try to make 2-3man parties at places you haven't done too often sometimes, its just a good chance to get some items you haven't gotten, or to just try something new.

RE: Searching for Party - Zachariah - 06-11-2010

Hello, sorry for revisiting an old topic but theres something I would suggest. I played a server recently and a feature I really liked was specificly designed for people looking for other people to play with.

It used an npc system, where it asked you if your were looking for a party, or looking for members to join your party. It then asked the lvl range and class you were, then where you were looking to hunt (had a short list of hotspots or a choice to type in your own.

After hitting accept it broadcast a message through the server "such and such lvl 80 knight is looking for a party in anubis."

Now I realize most people use main, but just being on this server a couple days I see that main is used for general chat, selling stuff and looking for parties. I personally find it hard to keep up with all the chatter in main, and I turn it off usually when I hunt, just too much going on, if you actually see people requesting parties then they got lucky.

At the very least some system that would allow people looking for parties to broadcast it in a diferent color in the chat box would make it alot easier, but I would prefer not to have to sift through main chatter to find them.

Just a thought. Thank you

RE: Searching for Party - Namine - 06-11-2010

So the only good part about it compare to using Main is that reading through main is too difficult, yet the trade off is that you can't shut it out and it's prone to spam? ._.;

Glaring yellow messages every time someone wants a party can be very annoying, especially for people who are already in party and has no use for them. While we need to consider how to find parties easier, you also need to consider the reverse for those who don't want to hear about party messages (be it some people do prefer to solo, or they already got a party.) I don't think that this is a good trade-off.