heRO-Server Forum
Hmm... What do you think? - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Suggestions/Questions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Hmm... What do you think? (/showthread.php?tid=11842)

Hmm... What do you think? - ShadowValentine - 10-12-2009 08:27 AM

I was thinking, what if we implemented a Disguise NPC? Not like the mid/high/SHRs, but a customized Disguise NPC, that allows you to change your headgear only when when you hold a certain chip or something in your inventory? Maybe allow a way to change headgears to a chip form and back at a price?

Just idly wondering, since I was training my Swordy, and I much preferred the look of the Helm to that of the HeRO Cake Hat, but the Cake Hat was much better.

What do you guys think?

RE: Hmm... What do you think? - Fyrus Carmin - 10-12-2009 10:24 AM

Basically, you want to go from This to This (refer to image) :

[Image: sanstitre4m.png]

Now, I know absolutely nothing at coding NPC's, but it's not a hard thing to do without.

RE: Hmm... What do you think? - ShadowValentine - 10-12-2009 10:21 PM

Yeah, but only the sprite, and keep the effects of the base headgear.

RE: Hmm... What do you think? - GM-Ayu - 10-13-2009 01:04 AM

No, we don't have plans and probably won't make a NPC to change the sprite of a certain gear to that of another gear as you please. It does have balance issues beyond cosmetic purposes.

RE: Hmm... What do you think? - Fyrus Carmin - 10-13-2009 02:52 AM

The best way to ever do this would be to do it by yourself, that way, you won't hide your, let's say, Shrewd Helm of Darkness behind a standard Bandana for other players.

It doable, it just takes a little time figuring out what to do, but once you find out, it's easy.

RE: Hmm... What do you think? - ShadowValentine - 10-13-2009 07:45 PM

Ah, okay. Any chance of someone pointing me in the direction of a guide that explains how to do this?

RE: Hmm... What do you think? - Fyrus Carmin - 10-14-2009 02:16 AM

Here.