Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quest for @main
JaVioLo Offline

Threads: 3
Quest for @main
Since what happened today (saturday 1-March-08) i suggest to make a quest to get the function to talk to all server, @main.

Lvl 50-60 to start this quest.

What do you think?

With that you can stop novice spamers.

Thank you.Ok
[Image: banner9.JPG]
03-01-2008, 05:28 AM
Find Reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Threads: 485
RE: Quest for @main
This is such a rare occasion that if we implement such a thing and sacrifice @main, we are admitting defeat to these 2 invaders to degrade heRO for the sake of peace. Stand strong, everyone!
03-01-2008, 05:30 AM
Website Find Reply
Seil Offline
Hi floor!  Make me a sammich!

Threads: 17
Honestly, if you either don't like the people in @main, or @main itself so much, turn it off. Or at least ask them politely to stop; if they are spamming, like "OMG I KILLED A PORING I AM TEH LEET," quietly inform them that no, they are not. Or invite them to your Thanatos party. There's absolutely no reason why you should give these people any room - think of what your mum always said; "Just don't pay any attention, and they'll go away."

Once a novice starts acting uppity, ignore him. He may continue to be annoying, but without anyone paying any attention, he'll try harder and sample the tastes of the GMs (not saying they'll be on all the time or are actively policing @main for the slightest evocation), or he'll get bored and log off.

[Edited out parts on another server. Sorry but we prefer it if players do not mention names of other RO private servers.]
Seil - Acolyte
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2008, 06:15 AM by Seil.)
03-01-2008, 05:54 AM
Website Find Reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Actually we were attacked by "invaders" from another server who is endlessly slandering heRO, players, GMs and everyone, continuously making novices to escape jail and mutes. That's what the thread starter is referring to.

It was no ordinary "silliness" but a direct attack.
03-01-2008, 06:24 AM
Website Find Reply
Kikumaru Offline
I believe!

Threads: 17
Seil, no offense, but..it seems like you just carried over some statements made in Snapple's @main complaint thread to this one. This was in fact, a direct attack, as Ayu has already stated. They were making vulgar character names and spamming on main MULTIPLE things I would much rather not repeat.

I'll be glad to see these idiots get sent to Hell jail and not be heard from again with a permanent I.P. ban from Pandora herself.

While I'm here, I'd just like to thank you Ayu for holding the event last night as compensation for having to deal with this nonsense. It helped ease the pain Icon_wink
[Image: NagatoYuki.gif]
Nagato Yuki: Level 68/35 (Professor)
[Image: Kaiji-1.jpg]
Anime currently watching: Kaiji
03-01-2008, 07:21 AM
Find Reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

No need to blame or accuse Seil of anything. Not everyone is online or know of it, so don't need to jump the gun at him Ok
03-01-2008, 07:52 AM
Website Find Reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Threads: 703
Yeah they're banned, stupid people. Funny thing on the rare occurance of servers like that, thinking they can come advertise and will actually get players to follow them, it's always high rates which have nothing in common with heRO XD

Anyway, I think @main is a great tool for many newcomers to get acquainted with heRO, if we made it questable they would lose that Icon_sad

I see lots of people going "hi im new" and then asking some details about the server like where's the resetter, where to change job and such and veterans helping them, I think that's one (not the only one of course) of the good uses of @main and it would be sad to remove it.
03-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Find Reply
Snapplewee Offline
¥Snapple¥

Threads: 108
I know I've complained about @main, but this has nothing to do with my complaints.

People like this will come along, they simply need to be IP banned (range banned if you can) and we move on. If they want to come back, they can contact Pandora and offer her something she wants.

It's a shame that people from other servers have to come here and slam us. It's not like servers can fight other servers.

I'm deeply sorry for all the main chat controversy I have started, if I could have seen this coming, I would have kept my mouth shut.
03-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Find Reply
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 303
RE:??Quest for @main
Snapplewee Wrote:(...)
I'm deeply sorry for all the main chat controversy I have started, if I could have seen this coming, I would have kept my mouth shut.
Actually no, the whinning section is there for that. I'd rather someone moan and whine in the "Whining" section than you just build up the agravation and then blow up. As long as it is constructive and not a whine to whine and be whiney Icon_wink So no keeping your mouth shut. Icon_twisted

Edit: I can't believe I just wrote that Laugh
03-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Website Find Reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

With or without @main, those two would have came in their foolish attempt to destroy heRO. They would never imagine that heRO can turn their invasion into an event and have fun, of course ;P We are just awesome like that.
03-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Website Find Reply