Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guild Tax cap increase?
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Threads: 703
RE: Guild Tax cap increase?
Well the guild quest will give 2 different one.

The one I showed a pic of is an official hat, I didn't make it, it has no special stats and yes I'm not sure it would be effective in guild recruiting or would just make the person look silly, but I don't see a point of adding it other than if I make a guild quest, so that would still be a product received for completing it.

For the other hat that gives the exp I chose something I think people wouldn't be ashamed to wear, it looks pretty decent.
10-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Find Reply
Lord Adjuchas Offline

Threads: 18
yeah about the hat, make sure people cant abuse it :O like 11 99'ers wear the hat and leech one lvl89 guy WOOT!
[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
JaggerJack 99/70 champ
GrimJaw 99/69 sinx
10-22-2009, 01:50 PM
Find Reply
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

Threads: 52
they can't stop that from happening jaw....

if the thing increases all exp, all exp for the party will increase too.

Its the same principle with the +20% exp +20% dmg received shoe cards, by increasing the overall points a monster drops, everyone gets a fatter share.

Why would you want to create a work around for that?

(btw, how does the game check if a character is a guild leader? Perhaps one stipulation would be "must be leader of a guild to equip this" - also making it non-transferable/droppeable - in other words account-anchored)
~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2009, 01:57 PM by Motenai_Ronin.)
10-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Website Find Reply
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Threads: 31
RE:??Guild Tax cap increase?
GM-Pandora Wrote:Thanks for the suggestion, but no thanks. I see no reason to up the tax, I don't think it will create more woe guild, if someone is dedicated they will simply work for it as others have done before them, and an extra 20% or 25% tax will not suddenly make people "zomg I totally gotta woe now/make a woe guild".

However, I do have something else in mind that can sorta come close to this, it's a hat that has a level requirement of 99 and gives more exp from any monsters, thus more tax (no reason to wear it unless you're taxed). This thread made me think of this hat idea, but previously a while ago I had the idea to make a Guild Quest, and this hat would now be one of the product resulting from the quest, along with some recruiting guildmember hats which was the original intended product for it.

[Image: 5336.png]

The Panda has spoken Icon_biggrin. Any idea yet on how much more exp will be given?

Also, even though the idea has been rejected, I still have to ask; how can you say for certain this won't influence people into making a guild?

Let us say the tax cap is increased to 70%, and a group of 5 friends get together to make a guild. Thats 80% more exp overall they would all give towards the guild. They will hit a grind once they reach level 20 or so, but for what they need for WoE...it should be enough.

I can say for myself that I am dedicated to my guild, and I will level it to what I need by myself if I have to. That being said, I still have to put it in the backseat after school. And I probably have it easy compared to others who juggle RO between school, work, kids, etc.

Quote:if someone is dedicated they will simply work for it as others have done before them
Well the past of heRO is different from the heRO we have now. I would assume back then when heRO was still fairly new, it was extremely easy to get 10+ people to form a guild and be willing to be taxed. Not so sure that is the case anymore. HeRO as we have it now, is full of established guilds (not just g. level wise, but gears, equips, etc), and it is pretty daunting to even think about making a new guild. Trying to gear it so it is at least somewhat-decent when compared to the bigger guilds...thats a whole different story.

All I am saying is, this will help people in deciding whether or not to go ahead and make a guild, and the few that come along with them(if any), will have at least one portion of making a WoE guild simplified.

With all that being said, if the helmet gives a worthwhile boost to exp gained, then I guess I would be content with that.
10-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Find Reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Threads: 703
Actually if you wear exp shoes other ppl in party do not get more exp and it will be the same for this gear, person wearing it is the only one that gets more exp than normal.

I don't think it would have the effect of creating new woe guild, it's only my opinion however as I can't tell the future any more than the next person, but I can guess and I don't see this being a big decisional factor. You really just need guild level 1 (approval) to woe, sure recall is useful, extension for more ppl can't hurt, but it's not a mandatory thing, so people wanting to woe should probably concentrate more on their gear/level than the level of the guild.
10-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Find Reply
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

Threads: 66
GM-Pandora Wrote:Actually if you wear exp shoes other ppl in party do not get more exp and it will be the same for this gear, person wearing it is the only one that gets more exp than normal.

I don't think it would have the effect of creating new woe guild, it's only my opinion however as I can't tell the future any more than the next person, but I can guess and I don't see this being a big decisional factor. You really just need guild level 1 (approval) to woe, sure recall is useful, extension for more ppl can't hurt, but it's not a mandatory thing, so people wanting to woe should probably concentrate more on their gear/level than the level of the guild.

When STD was made, our first woe we didn't have ecall. We were able to get the castle, only because we had gears, were we able to take the castle. But, if we had ecall, we would have had the castle without any breaks.

In the WoE here now, ecall is essential, what would have happened if aaron wasn't able to pull off that ecall on wensday? Revenga would have still had the castle. I don't know NE's gears, but im pretty sure they're no STD in terms of gears.

Yes, Focusing on Gears is important, but getting ecall in HeRO WoE now isn't an option it isn't something that is "useful" guild skills that add +5 dex that people don't use here are "useful."(people probably do use guild skills here, but I wish STD did) Even if you get a guild all +7 Gears marcs,tharas, status armors, pvp weaps without ecall a good defense pwns you especially if your small.

I agree about the guild tax thing, but I see what others are saying about how the other guilds worked hard to get their tax bonuses. With this hat panda's developing, so far I don't see anything going wrong with it.
[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
10-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Find Reply
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

GM-Pandora Wrote:You really just need guild level 1 (approval) to woe, sure recall is useful, extension for more ppl can't hurt, but it's not a mandatory thing, so people wanting to woe should probably concentrate more on their gear/level than the level of the guild.

Well, while it may not be mandatory to actually break emp...its safe to say its importance is right up there with approval. E-call is important on both offensive and defensive sides of WoE. Most of the time, the only chance you have to break emp is if someone can get a e-call off inside the emp-room. And if you are defending the emp and are quickly losing ground, e-call is vital for you to have a chance at keeping the castle.

So yeah, you can say e-call isnt mandatory, but if you don't have it...you might as well not show up with hopes of capturing a castle and keeping it. Icon_wink
10-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Find Reply
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

So you're saying e-call can be used by anyone in the guild?
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
10-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Website Find Reply
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Of course not, just thought it was known when referring to e-call your referring to the leader as the one doing the e-calling Icon_razz.
10-22-2009, 04:08 PM
Find Reply
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

When you ASSume you make an Ass out of you and me. Icon_biggrin
10-22-2009, 04:13 PM
Website Find Reply