Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brainstorming: Help Please
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Threads: 104
RE: Brainstorming: Help Please
If they're different castles each time (or split 2/2) it would be fine - because then not making it to WoE outside fo your timezone wouldn't mean losing your castle as it would be different ones open.
- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
04-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Find Reply
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

Threads: 11
I do like the idea of making it so that WoE's are at different times, and so that not all castles are up at once. Maybe on one of the castles we could even try doing one that's SE, just for lols. The multiple woe times will help, given that if people want to do woe, they can choose which time slot will fit them the best, and then use it as such.

Hell, maybe if it gets enough new (!) players, it MIGHT become more competitive.

On the forum side of things, maybe make one section of the guild area for WoE guilds, and another area for social guilds. It would bring out the appeal to those that are planning to WoE as a group rather than sifting through each topic to see which one is woe, which one is social... etc.

Just my thoughts on this.
[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
04-26-2012, 03:07 PM
Find Reply
Draco Offline
Shadow Writer

Threads: 21
An old server I had come across had when it came to WoE to accomodate all the players was to have a 24/7 castle opened although the prizes weren't as great there was plenty of pvp going around and people didn't have to wait for official WoE to start.
Shaman Draco | High Wizard
Draco MD | Alchemist
Highwayman Draco | Rogue
Ascetic Draco | Zeny Monk
Danavas Draco | PvP Monk

My book's facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/author.ambermorant
04-26-2012, 03:34 PM
Website Find Reply
lyeak Offline

Threads: 7
+1 to summerstream, just get the different time zone WOE and u will find new players joining WOE... U could joined us if u want too
04-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Find Reply
Goetz Offline

Threads: 4
TLDR: (Woe Once a week, normal castles) (Woe twice a week, 1-2 castles)

I'm in the Pacific Time zone (Canada BC/Cali) - WoE on Wednesday is 5-6 PM (Can't Remember) Woe On Sunday Is 10-11 AM (Can't Remember)

I would love to woe, but out of the 168 hours of the week, I am always booked with either work, or sports. Now, I do like the hours, it's just always difficult to make.

However, when I have woed, I noticed everyone castle hops. "Hey let's see who is in Pront. Oh, it's empty, i'll break it and go to Payon. Oh, X is there, well let's just go to.... Etc" - IDK, maybe it's just me, but it just feels like everyone runs around for the first 45 minutes doing what ever. Then the last 5 minutes, they camp someone else's castle, and break it last second.

DOE, Behe, Koj, Those 3 guilds are all sitting there "guarding" the castle, waiting on the clock before they break it. While this is happening, a few random numbers pop in, either leave/die, and that's woe.

So, I'm not woe expert, but I wouldn't mind seeing woe ONCE a week, with the regular castles - Or TWICE a week, with 1-2 castles.

I would like to see how woe once a week works, that way the "hunger" for woe builds up over the week. However, less effort would need to be put into hunting supplies.

Again, the server needs more people in order to have a more competitive woe. I would say RO is just slowly being outdated. Nothing we can do, but enjoy it while it's here.
Goetz - 99/70 Lord Knight
Sir Goetz - 80/50x Paladin
High Priest Goetz - 90/50x Priest
Goetz Jr - 70/50x Perma Swordsman
Merchant Goetz - 80/50x Blacksmith
04-27-2012, 04:27 AM
Find Reply
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

Threads: 66
Aside from all the negativity for more woe times and WoE/BG consumables. The woe times for different regions. Why not reduce the castle up for grabs in this new time zones (Asian + another maybe). Thus have 2/3 woe times only featuring the castle with the highest economy, making it more contested and possibly slowing the god item production down. While retaining the Wed/Sunday slot for all castles.
04-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Find Reply
azurerogue Offline

That doesn't really seem fair either. Making the castle with the highest ECO defend MORE than others isn't fair as it allows others to sit on more free loot/investing time without having to use consumables or spend time WoEing.

If we add new WoE times, imo, they would need to be completely separate castles so as to neither punish nor reward the people who already hold castles during the current WoE times.
04-29-2012, 03:41 PM
Find Reply
Deviluke Offline
Celestial Mistress

Threads: 4
Just to clear up some things so that my idea isn't misinterpreted when I originally mentioned different castles being open on different days and how I thought hero's woe was "weird" in that sense is this:

On hero as we all know it is Payon, Prontera, and Geffen all open at once. Three different castles all at one time, also any guild holding a castle has GD access to every GD regardless of the castle they personally hold.

What I was referring to is that (from what I've noticed) other servers typically do one castle from one territory at one time, then other castles at different times. So for example it would be Prontera castle (only one) Monday from, idk let's go with 8h00pm - 9h00pm. Then Geffen castle Wednesday from 2h00pm - 3h00pm, and so on and so forth. That's why I said that this set up might offer an opportunity to play with WoE times so that maybe other timezones could get involved compared to now where it's all 3 castles at 1 time, rinse and repeat a few days later. The guilds would also only be able to access the GD that corresponds with the castle they claimed.

Again I know everyone has their own ideas, opinions, and add-ons to this concept but I was re-reading my own post (I wrote in the early hours of the morning) and I realized that I could have been clearer about the idea than I was, so there you have it.

As a side note, I don't really think that setting up an entire tier system between eco holders and non-eco holders, or between WoE noobs and vets would really work out well cuz then you just end up splitting the population up more and it's harder to judge who is a "noob", who is a "vet", and who is floundering somewhere inbetween. ( <--- I think this idea got brought up unless I read wrong but I know it's been mentioned before in some other WoE thread..... somewhere lol) And I agree, it would also be unfair to make things harder for eco investors, since tbh they already have to spend money to invest as well as deal with defending no matter what classes or numbers they have on, imo it's stressful enough as is and doesn't need more added on. lol

TLDR; Watch the bunny in my Avatar dance. @__@ <3 lol
[Image: 2hyffgw.png]
04-29-2012, 07:44 PM
Find Reply
azurerogue Offline

My problem with one castle from each realm open at different times (like 1 per woe, different realm each WoE) is that it would just let the biggest / most powerful guild control all the castles instead of just most of the castles. If people can't break a guild with three castles open (even when they try) there's nothing to suggest that lowering the castle amount to one per WoE would really change that.

An interesting suggestion, though.
04-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Find Reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Threads: 130
Actually I think it'd be really neat to do 2 castles per realm and have WoE 3 times a week.

Then you could accommodate a new time slot for the Asian/European crowd. The only prob though comes from when you try to make god items, so there might need to be some rotation system done to change which castle the third time slot would be every now and then (every 3-6 months?)

I think there might be a really good solution in there somewhere but haven't found it quite yet unfortunately. >.<
[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega

04-29-2012, 09:33 PM
Find Reply