Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emperium breaker's name broadcast
The Future Offline
is now!

Threads: 8
RE: Emperium breaker's name broadcast
You're right, as usual, Ardney, but that logic only works within a few feet of the emp. Everyone should prioritize "person hitting shiny yellow thing" but a good breaker is only going to spend ten seconds visible on shiny yellow thing.

Let's take Gorium for example, because Street already outed him as an emp breaker. When you're in an emp room and two Sin-Xs walk in, all things being equal you're going to target Gorium over the other because you know that he's a high-threat opponent.

Another example, after a break we're rushing emp, and I see Gorium out of cloak and heading for the emp room. Most opponents I'd ignore and make for the shiny yellow thing, but for Gorium, I'd stop to attempt a strip.

In short, level of opponent threat is always one of the factors a good player is going to take into account when they're decision-making in WoE. High-threat characters are going to be given attack priority over other characters, and the fact that a person may be a known emp breaker may be the single fact that tips the balance between ignore and attack. That might mean the difference between having five seconds on the emp or having six seconds, or getting that break with just 100HP left and not getting it at all. Fame gives you no advantage, and may cost you breaks.

Also, your theory pre-supposes that people are going to get their targeting right the first time. I know you play with robotic precision. Most don't. Advertising your breaking ability is like handing out copies of "Emp Defence for Dummies." Like I said, there's a difference between most people knowing that you're a breaker and everyone knowing you're a breaker.

Finally, if you do happen to be a successful breaker that isn't well known because you just do your job that well, then this is going to spoil all your hard work of not being detected. You and I both know there's a few of those out there.
07-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Emperium breaker's name broadcast - by Astroboi - 07-30-2009, 04:22 AM
RE: Emperium breaker's name broadcast - by The Future - 07-30-2009, 02:13 PM
RE: Emperium breaker's name broadcast - by Dilla - 07-30-2009, 04:46 PM
RE:??Emperium breaker's name broadcast - by Dilla - 07-31-2009, 04:08 AM
RE: Emperium breaker's name broadcast - by Dilla - 07-31-2009, 03:57 PM