Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is there so much hostility/dislike towards Renewal?
Flapjack Offline
Ahoy!

Threads: 5
RE: Why is there so much hostility/dislike towards Renewal?
I admit, RO2 sucks. It's just making a new game out of an old game, and a complete rip-off at that. It's much worse than Renewal.

Okay, here are my two cents re: the Renewal features.

> Weapon damage recalc: I like this one, since it's not only the cards which are rare stuff. I've noticed that many of the high-level weapons like Brocca, Light Epsilon and Slaughter aren't used in usual leveling; most people would opt for carded low-level weapons. Gravity made a mistake in giving too much power in cards and it's time those ignored weapons give a fair share of usage.

> No more no cast: mixed feelings on this one. Because of this, Gravity would have to rebalance all skills and give them cast time adjustments. This will shock the hell out of old players, but I expect them to be pros and adjust well to this after a few months. (I know I'll be shot at this remark. >.<)

> Stat "hybridization": well, this depends on how good you know your stats. And I guess few people do, so I'll just request you guys to save up your sole stat reset.

> Monsters and EXP: Best thing they made so far. At least they made monster levels relevant (I know few people care on that since monster level doesn't mean you can take on it when you got equal levels). And well, there are more than 200 monsters in RO; it's not an adventure if you just lived your life out of Hill Winds, isn't it?

Overall, I like RO's makeover into Renewal. And it's being underhyped makes me optimistic it will blow the socks off anyone when everything's been fixed.
Captain Flapjack - 8x/50 Hunter - Wonders if the cake Pandora baked has an expiry date.
Janus Firebrand - 3x/2x Merchant - Rests too much. *Hey, quit playing hooky!*
Blaize Brightflame - 6x/2x Soul Linker - Likes his red hair better than blonde.
10-05-2009, 01:57 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is there so much hostility/dislike towards Renewal? - by Flapjack - 10-05-2009, 01:57 AM