Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technical Issues with heRO.exe
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

Threads: 49
Technical Issues with heRO.exe
For some strange reason, the last two months heRO has been acting really strangely. It often starts taking up 50% of my CPU and getting really laggy. I looked at the heRO.exe process on my task manager, and I went to "set priority," and the heRO process is always on low priority.

Every time I change the priority and make it higher than "low", to normal or high or realtime etc, a few seconds later it just changes back to low priority. I think this is why it's lagging but I'm not sure.

My desktop is Windows XP if that makes any difference. On my Vista laptop, I don't have this problem. And for a long time before the last two months, I didnt have this problem on my desktop at all.

Here are the things I can think of that changed in the last two months that it might be:

-I moved into new dorms that might have slow internet when a lot of people are on.. maybe this makes heRO take up more CPU (seems unlikely) and causes the lag? (maybe)

-I downloaded the updated heRO with the new world and put the whole heRO folder on my desktop. Perhaps it's the updated client causing this problem?

-Maybe I got some trojan or virus, but I doubt it

-something changed with the heRO server, it's host, etc

-my computer is a few years old and its hardware is getting ornery

I tried defragging my hard drive to maybe make heRO consume less CPU and run smoother, and even though it really needed the defragging and that helped my hard drive, it didnt help the lag problem at all.

The lag was so bad today that I couldnt even cast asura in 20 seconds of trying during the monster trial, and failed two phases of the trial I could've easily succeeded at normally, before giving up on ToH. And with that, my hopes of getting ToH wings flew out the window again.

So, heRO, any idea/suggestions on how I can stop this horrible lag?
[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2009, 03:26 PM by Naruhodo.)
10-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Technical Issues with heRO.exe - by Naruhodo - 10-24-2009, 03:22 PM
RE: Technical Issues with heRO.exe - by Reynolds - 10-24-2009, 03:34 PM
RE: Technical Issues with heRO.exe - by Naruhodo - 10-24-2009, 03:53 PM
RE: Technical Issues with heRO.exe - by Naruhodo - 10-24-2009, 04:18 PM
RE: Technical Issues with heRO.exe - by Twisted - 10-24-2009, 09:10 PM