Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autumn Leafcat : endangered specie
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

Threads: 12
RE: Autumn Leafcat : endangered specie
They are custom mobs though--clones of a mob that has 65 of them on a map that's easy to get to after getting a small assortment of items. That card is pretty amazing though, so having them in small numbers makes sense.

Actually... the only gripe I have about them and nearly ALL custom mobs is when they bug up D:\??If you kill a custom mob and it instant-respawns nearby you, it will be invisible and you can't see or target it. But it's there, and it also sometimes appear to have 0 HP. I've seen this happen when killing Masterdrops--suddenly a small swarm of drops will show up out of nowhere. There's an invisible Masterdrops next to them, but you can't target it.

Through the years of playing this game I'm fairly certain that monsters don't DIE when they die and the server makes another mob, rather they reset their values and relocate. This was evident when a Drainliar used its Sucking Blood attack on me as I was killing it. You know those bright orbs that fly out of you and into the monster? When the monster died, it respawned half a screen away in maybe a quarter of a second--the Sucking Blood light-orbs went to THAT mob. The theory is that they are respawning so quickly that client-side errors like this occur.

This is a very minor bug, but I wonder if giving custom mobs a very insignificant respawn time (like 5 seconds?) might fix it.

..Does anyone else ever get this? D:\
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2013, 07:52 AM by Weapon.)
08-07-2013, 07:46 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Autumn Leafcat : endangered specie - by Ptah - 08-04-2013, 10:49 AM
RE: Autumn Leafcat : endangered specie - by Ptah - 08-06-2013, 12:06 PM
RE: Autumn Leafcat : endangered specie - by Weapon - 08-07-2013, 07:46 AM
RE: Autumn Leafcat : endangered specie - by Ptah - 08-07-2013, 11:55 AM