Threads: 29
RE: *RolePlaying Character Background Thread*
You guys mite find this one interesting Icon_biggrin,
but its long so be patient =D
its more of a novel/series kinda final fantasy type story line,
so you can expect a huge series if at some point someone makes a
story thread Icon_lol.

*Edited!*
(somehow all the "s and periods got turned into question marks XD)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a quiet afternoon, the birds were chirping, kids were running around playing in the fields, all in the peacefull town of payon.Every thing was scerene, all until my sister screamed at the top her lungs breaking my peaceful day...
"GARTH!!!!!!"
I fell off my bed and hit my head on my books.
arth there you are I've been looking all over for you, anyway mom wants you to get some mushrooms from the forest behind the village for diner. Here, take this bag to hold them. You'll need about 20. Now off with you. Taking the bag without question I was off. I lived an simple life, Nothing exiting happened, but I liked the quiet.

As I was on my way to the hills.
"Hi Garth."

"Hey Hina." It was Hina; we've been friends since we were kids.

"Have no fear Hina the skilled Healer is here!"She may be a Healer but,

She wasn't such a great one. She never quite got the hang of it. Her enchantment spells usually ended up catching the grass on fire; she only really had the hang of healing magic at the time.

"Ok you can come along." Since I probably wouldn't be here right now, had she not come along.

"Ill protects you from the monsters." She smiled. She used like to act superior to me, but she was always silly about it.
"I can take on these monsters too you know." She always treats me like a kid.
"Ya I know I just came to help."
"Come on then." I said
I had lived in the village long enough to take on those monsters no sweat, but
It's not easy to kill a monster with a giant stick, I would have had a sword, but since the war was going on then, they were really expensive so my dad said he would get me one when he came back.

The mushroom picking was all fairly routine for a while, walk around, goof around, play in the trees, fight some monsters, and find some mushrooms, I remember Hina was picking flowers near an oak tree, at that moment, I never really noticed before but, she was actually very pretty, her hair, a long bright red, she had a smile that could settle almost any dispute, I was completely mesmerized by her for a moment, I snapped out of it when a rock came whizzing by my head and hit a large Willow monster behind me. It seems so vexing now. She gave me a big scolding about it, though I never thought about it much at the time but, she had saved my life. I thanked her but; I never really gave much thought to it. I realized at that moment that i had feelings for her, and now I can't get her off my mind.

But, Things didn't keep to the usual routine that day.
Right when Hina was about to grab the last mushroom, a group of bandits jumped out from some near by bushes, taking us completely by surprise.
One of the bandits had instantly taken a wide sweep towards Hina with his sword,
I was so dumbfounded when they had jumped out, but I got a hold of myself just in time;
It was really close, but I swung my stick as hard as I could at the bandit's sword.

Usually a sword would have simply cut threw any stick like butter, but my stick was made of a very sturdy loom tree branch, it was almost unbreakable. It was a great substitute for the sword I didn't have.

The bandit, who had just taken a light swing, was taken completely by surprise; the huge force of the parry coming from such a small kid must have blown his mind. His sword went flying into a near by bush, he was knocked back. This made him very angry, and slightly embarrassed, to be overwhelmed by some kid like me.

"Stupid kid, you're going to regret that!"Hina stepped in front of me.
"I'll make you eat those words!" She furiously began to charge up a Fire ball.

I was surprised; I had never seen Hina so angry before.

"Oh? What's this? This little girl thinks she can play with the big boys?" Another bandit Snarled.
"Ill make you regret that!" I yelled. I glared straight into the bandits eyes. He seemed surprised to see me stand up for her.

"You don't know what you just got your self into ki-"
While the bandit was about to finish his threat, Hina had been still sitting there cooking up more than a bag of peanuts. The bandits had been watching me while she was charging it. She had been sitting there reading a scroll for the whole time and conjured up a fire ball almost the size of a small boulder in her palms.

"Awaah?" The bandit was so mesmerized by it; it was already speeding towards him before he realized what was happening.

*Whoosh*

The fire ball was more unlike anything Hina had conjured up before; it was even bigger than the fire balls that were cast by the Spell warriors of Caratacus's army. My dad had told me about them before the war.

The bandit was thrown so far by the force of the fire ball,
I had thought he was dead. But he was only unconscious.
He was thrown into a near by tree, his forearm badly burned and his clothes singed.
The other bandits, not ready to make the same mistake of underestimation twice, were no longer interested in chat.

"Alright men, lets get them!"

Hina was on a roll that day; she simply turned to the nearest bandits and sent a couple bolts of fire towards them.
"Hey, leave some for me!"I gave Hina a slight glance and smiled.
"Just try and keep up." She almost seemed to be enjoying it.
One bandit was heading for Hina; I quickly swung, two-handed at his shin.
It must have hurt, because he let out a sharp yelp and instantly grabbed his shin.
Two of the bandits were already unconscious from Hina's fire bolts.
There was only one left.
Hina began to charge up a fire ball, and I tightly grasped my stick.
He fled..... I certainly know I would have.
"Are you ok?" I said to Hina, who had seemed totally unfazed by what had just happened.
"I was about to ask you the same thing."She smirked.
"That..was...SO cool!"
"Yea, I wish we would get jumped more often." We both bust out laughing. It actually wasn't that funny in the first place but, I couldn't help but laugh anyways.
"We better get back," I said "our parents are probably worried sick by now. By the way, how in the world did you shoot fireballs?!?!"
"Im not sure, santa gave me a bag of scrolls for christmas last year.
"Really? all i got was these lvl 3 healing scrolls"
"haha" She smiled beautifully again, i started to daydream.
"Garth, we should get back"
i snapped back to reality
I grabbed an extra mushroom.
"There that's all of them, now let's go back." The walk back was quite uneventful. We mostly kept talking about the upcoming camping trip.

I was so excited about that trip...

I got home shortly after.
My Mom appeared and startled me.
"Thanks a bunch Garth; I just don't know what I would have done for super...oh! Garth did you pack for your trip yet"
"...." I completely forgot to pack. The trip was like a camping trip except with more traveling involved. We were supposed to go all around the island, visit alberta, exploring the forests, climbing cliffs and stuff.
"Hey where'd Hina go?" I just noticed that she was gone.
"Oh your friend? She left just a few minutes ago."
"Well I guess I better get packing."
I quickly ran up stairs and did my 5 minute packing frenzy; I almost always forgot something.
After that it was already really late, so I went to bed.
------------------
End of Chapter

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2006, 03:26 AM by Hina.)
12-24-2005, 04:28 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: *RolePlaying Character Background Thread* - by Hina - 12-24-2005, 04:28 AM
Heimdall -Protector of Asgard- - by Heimdall - 07-24-2006, 11:37 AM