Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestion:Multi-skill bars
Kari Nogashi Offline
Forum Dweller

RE: Suggestion:Multi-skill bars

is bm really that hard to use? i never really need it.
07-17-2010 02:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

The only real use I've ever seen for battle mode is for weapon/armor swaps. That said, I've always just dealt with switching key lines with f12 and going back to my default attack line.

I really hate the update aesthetically and functionally. -_- I really hope it doesn't get implemented.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
07-17-2010 02:44 PM
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

I use battle mode on classes that only need one bar not because I need more spots, obviously. I use it for efficiency.

I have all my keys centralized on the left side of the keyboard if I can.

Q W E R
A S D F
Z X C V

Makes it easier in woe pvp and pvm when you don't have to reach so far in a tight situation. Using F12 to switch to a new bar then going back left to switch new gear then going back right and pressing f12 two more times is just too slow.

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
07-17-2010 03:05 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

RE:??Suggestion:Multi-skill bars

Sakurato Wrote:I use battle mode on classes that only need one bar not because I need more spots, obviously. I use??it for efficiency.

Q W E R
A S D F
Z X C V

Makes it easier in woe pvp and pvm when you don't have to reach so far in a tight situation. Using F12 to switch to a new bar then going back left to switch new gear then??going back right and pressing f12 two more times is just too slow.

Never really thought of it like that. Then again, I habitually use /q2 in game, so I've never had a big problem with efficiency with the classes I play.

Priest is super hotkey heavy sometimes though, jeez.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
07-17-2010 03:23 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Sakurato Wrote:I use battle mode on classes that only need one bar not because I need more spots, obviously. I use??it for efficiency.

Q W E R
A S D F
Z X C V

Makes it easier in woe pvp and pvm when you don't have to reach so far in a tight situation. Using F12 to switch to a new bar then going back left to switch new gear then??going back right and pressing f12 two more times is just too slow.

This is what I use battlemode for on most my characters.
Then after that on the right side its armor switches and some skills that are nice to use but not often needed to be spammed. x)

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
07-17-2010 04:17 PM
Navis Offline
Lime in the Coconut

I don't want to be judgmental, but if you don't use /battlemode, then you most likely don't WoE, or don't play a Priest. 9 hotkey slots are nowhere near enough for Marc/ED/Pest swapping, Cranial/Combat Knife/Bazerald, Quad Stun/Quad Curse bows, status arrows, Traps/FA/Arrow Shower, Smokie/Frilldora/Alligator/Horong cards, and Mastelas/Blue Pots. I'm not saying every class is the same as Snipers, but if you think having to rapidly move your hand over all the Function keys is efficient, you're greatly hindering your potential.

The Priest class simply speaks for itself. I guess if you're a Wizard, though, you're excused because all you have to do is precast. Also, PvM is another story.

P.S. I apologize in advance if I sound pretentious and arrogant with my argument, but that's just the reality of the game.

[Image: maxballs.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2010 05:34 PM by Navis.)
07-17-2010 05:33 PM
TPC Offline
I like pie

Battle mode is essential for linker at least. The links doesn't fit in a single bar, and then there is the ka skills, not to mention that 7 spots gets taken up by various warm wind levels. And on top of that you need somewhere to put high jump, running, pots, status healing items, fwings, any other skills you might use from things like hide clip, maybe some gear switching. I use every single spot in the bars on my linker. I wish I had more.

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2010 01:34 AM by TPC.)
07-18-2010 01:33 AM
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

When you don't have to worry about equipment switching, I'm fairly certain priests (well, and linkers, but those are so rare XD) are the only ones who might want it, merely due to the large number of buff spells (Bles, Agi, Assump, Magni, Angel, Gloria, etc). Just from memory, I can name 6 slots needed. Add tele, heal, TU or ME, and you don't have enough room for emergency pots of your own. And that's just with the 6 buffs I can remember (I don't play a priest... beyond bles agi magni and gloria, I don't even really know what the others do XD). In my defense, I main a clown, so the two I'm usually only concerned about are Bless and Agi, as bless gives me instacast (I don't have the gears to give it to me naturally), and agi lets me walk at a normal pace while singing.

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2010 02:10 AM by ABlueJelly.)
07-18-2010 02:07 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

I have like 1-2 places left in my bm on hp and like 15 job lvls to go, hurray 8D
edit: and those are skill only btw xD not even room for gear xD

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2010 03:47 AM by Kittie.)
07-18-2010 03:46 AM
Shish Offline

Q W E R
A S D F
Z X C V

but why do that when you could just hit f12 set up your bars and use
1-9 as well as f1-f9 Icon_smile its really just easier over all Icon_razz
07-18-2010 04:07 AM