Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes to WoE
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Threads: 144
RE: Changes to WoE
ezy

(nothing is to be taken alone, it is a whole or nothing)

open a third castle

change the chests drop rate with the following modifiers:

*0.5 chests if the guild posses one castles at the end of the woe
*3 chests if the guild posses two castles at the end of the woe
*5 chests if the guild posses the 3 castles at the end of the woe

There would be a HUGE incentive to have 2 castles, inciting people to try to end the woe with 2 castles or none, since 2 castles would give 6 times more chests PER CASTLE (so 12 times more chests!)
Having only 1 castle would be half-useless, guilds won't try to just sit in one castle while having two would give them twelve times the benefit.??

"zomg too many chest-items flood!"
Chests items are now crap with all the updates, who wants chainmail[1] to woe?
The only drop rate that should be lowered is oca imo, and by a 0.5 factor.??

That is it.??
This will make guilds take risk and make the woes exciting again.??

And maybe a custum dungeon using a custum map with custum mobs available only to guilds holding at least 2 castles.??

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2010, 08:28 PM by Général_Argos.)
01-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Find Reply
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

Threads: 40
I personally think lowering the castle count would be worse than a stalemate. It has been stated that one of the main benefits of holding a castle is building up its economy. If there is just one castle, then it's economy will most likely never grow or grow intermittently.
01-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Find Reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Threads: 144
1 castle would lead to the same guild to do only defense for 1 month or till bored and would lead other guilds to do only offense for 1 month or till bored.

Doing always the same thing gets boring.

With my idea people will need to move between castles.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
01-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Find Reply
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 303
Ok first off, keep the thread to the original intent which is:
azurerogue Wrote:... how to improve WoE on this server. ...

Bring ideas, comments to improve ideas, pro's and con's. Not arguing about how good/bad is an idea please.

exwing Wrote:... most people become "Social Plague's" that just sit around .

exwing, talk about woe, talk about fighting, talk about what it takes to be a good WoE guild but don't shoot down the social guilds. RO is about more than PVP, it's also about quests, partying and socializing. They have their places and it's not here in this thread.

Nidsrule Wrote:The thing that bugs me about opening more castles is that it is aimed almost entirely at improving the WoE scene for new guilds.

This thread is about improving WoE in general indeed. Easing the way for new guilds into the WoE, if that is possible, would be nice but I'm not sure if its realistic.

Nidsrule Wrote:... I still think the focus should be on improving WoE for the existing guilds rather than opening more castles which would only further limit the chance of conflict between existing guilds.

That is the 64k question! Improving WoE for the server as is. Let's stay focused! -sorry innapropriate sense of humor getting away from me here-

Nidsrule Wrote:There are apparently no new WoE guilds on heRO...

This is where the changed quote comes into being. "Build a better WoE and the WoE'ers (players / guilds) will come.

Nidsrule Wrote:What new tactics are you refering to exactly? If a third castle is opened, it would only lead to Rev taking and holding it and the idea of competition goes out the door. As it stands, Rev is the only guild out there who makes a legitimate attempt at attacking either Behe or Seraph. Giving them a castle to sit on just as Behe and Seraph are doing won't lead to a more intersting WoE scene for heRO.

And this is where my inner voice starts to scream at me. The 2 main guilds will keep their own castles and either fight for the third one or another guild, Rev since its been mentioned, will be able to hold and grow stronger with the third one. Where is the fighting and strategy in there?

Aki -still waiting for my "Eureka!" moment-
01-27-2010, 08:35 PM
Website Find Reply
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

Threads: 52
Well that's the trade off. The argument here is that WoE is stale and boring and the entire point to this thread is to brainstorm ideas in order to improve WoE on heRO. I could care less if one castle led to a period of low economy on heRO. At least itd be more interesting than having two sides sitting on high econ with no one to really challenge them. WoE isn't meant to be about easy econ.
[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
01-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Find Reply
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

Threads: 52
RE:??Changes to WoE
GM-Aki Wrote:This is where the changed quote comes into being. "Build a better WoE and the WoE'ers (players / guilds) will come.

But opening a few more castles is hardly even a change. You'd need to implement a drastic change in WoE (a new custom system based on the original concept of WoE) in order to offer something that no other server does.

The fact remains, heRO is still stuck with the most outdated form of WoE whereas other servers have the population already in place to support WoE2. What is the draw for newer players? heRO either needs to come up with an entirely new form of WoE (which requires a lot of effort in terms of scripting/mapping) or adapt to make it easier for newer players to get up to WoE standard (and lets be honest, I don't think there is any way to make the later work without pissing off a lot of the older players).
[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
01-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Find Reply
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 303
I know Nidsrule, which is why I'm starting to wonder if all this focus on castles is not a false premise.
01-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Website Find Reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Threads: 104
Well, the premise of this thread was not simply to encourage new players to WoE - it was to make WoE more fun for the current players. Required castle rotations (based on GD access, desired treasure chests, etc) would help spice things up.

Krimlin's idea would also be nice. Might need some tweaking, but I like the idea as a whole.
- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
01-27-2010, 09:30 PM
Find Reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
imho it all boils down to an accessible sand box for newer players. Perhaps that could be a new server feature to attract WOE-going players. It can be a totally new system or a general revamp of non-trans (again imho it's always better to try changes out slowly).

if it's true that most of the population does not care for non-trans, then perhaps that new feature will also attract the older players.

However tbh i have yet to find a plausible way for an automated event to accommodate such changes... and imho making it manually-operated is out of the question for obvious reasons...

so, any inputs on some doable major changes?

-w-
01-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Find Reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Threads: 130
Add battlegrounds.
I'm serious, we need to put adding some form of battlegrounds as a high priority on here. Gathering the battleground weps, armors, and etc yield great bonuses (marc like effects, the mage set even adds chance for GR effect temporarily) for anyone who kills demi human monsters, and in some cases the weapons are so dang good they get used all the time nearly by certain classes.

Plus BG adds a lot of fun, lets you work on teamwork, and is basically a mini woe.
[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega

01-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Find Reply