Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warp To Respawn
Lovless510 Offline

Threads: 3
Warp To Respawn
I am wondering if others think it would be a good idea to give the Warp NPC a "Warp To Save Point" function.??Note that this has no relation to the Save Point NPC.??I mean where you have talked to a Kafra and chosen as the place you respawn after death.??If you are thinking "Wouldn't it be just as easy to warp there normally?", the answer is no.??If your save point isn't a city, you can't warp there (such as an inn), if your city is in the middle of the list of cities, then it would still be easier to warp to your save point (which hopefully will be located either underneath or above the choice to warp to a city).

The main problems I find with this are only that it allows you to warp to somewhere you haven't unlocked yet, but have obviously reached if you have set it to your save point by talking to a local Kafra.??This however could still be done by buying butterfly wings (the warp NPC is just easier).

I believe the cost should be slightly higher than it would be to warp to a city, but no more than 300z.??About 250z sounds good to me, as that's less than the cost of a Butterfly wing.

If anyone thinks there's a big reason as to why this shouldn't be allowed, has any more ideas, or supports this idea, then please do post.??If you're a horrible noob and feel like flaming on someone, then don't bother (just kidding).
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2007, 12:51 PM by Lovless510.)
11-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Find Reply
Rika Offline
Angel of Infinity

Threads: 18
RE: Warp To Respawn
The only thing that really works against this, most of the time when people need to return to their save point they're already in areas where a warper will not be available. Thus the constant and simple use of butterfly wings. Overall, in my opinion it would be a bit redundant on the warper to have a function. Including the fact that, people who are cheap will simply go through the longer town list, some even will warp to the Roleplay Tavern for a free warp to Prontera. But I guess if people truly used the function it wouldn't hurt.
Icon_smile

[Image: livingcolor.jpg][Image: soulessence.jpg]
Angel Empire♥
Rika[Assassin Cross]    -    Aorie[High Priest]
11-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Find Reply
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

Threads: 22
just activate @die. You can eat a 1% loss of exp for a faster jump to your save point.
Hi, don't whisper me please.
11-30-2007, 02:19 PM
Find Reply
Lovless510 Offline

I am pretty sure there is no @die function... At least it's not listed anywhere. About what what Rika said: "return to their save point they're already in", you're not always training or near your savepoint. There's a lot of times when I am training or traveling somewhere and am not near my save point. It's supposed to be a bit redundant, it would help a little bit. The healing NPC is redundant when you don't even need to spend money to heal in the first place. It's there because it could save time and be a bit easier.

I am only suggesting this because it would be a simple thing to program in (I believe) and could help a bit. If no one else wants it I don't care, it's nothing big.
11-30-2007, 02:31 PM
Find Reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Threads: 703
Well.. I'm wondering would people really use this? Butterfly wings are convenient and available in every tool shop, seems slightly redundant. That's my only concern "against" it, not that I would really mind adding it if it was really popular however.

But thanks for the suggestion ^_^
11-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Find Reply
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 303
As mentionned before, there's this nifty item in RO called a Buttefly Wing.

Try it and see Icon_wink
11-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Website Find Reply
Lovless510 Offline

Um, thank you for your heathly share of sarcasm, GM-Aki. Like I said I didn't propose this as some huge update idea, the fact that it was looked at is enough for me. You may as well lock the thread now since we know it's been deemed overly redundant.
11-30-2007, 02:39 PM
Find Reply
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 303
Don't be like that Loveless. Ideas are always welcome, sorry my humor was not well received.
11-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Website Find Reply
Rika Offline
Angel of Infinity

Threads: 18
I think you may have misunderstood me with that quote ^_^; I simply meant most people level in areas, say Anolians where there is no warper around.

I'm afraid majority will complain on how silly it is to add warps to a warper that already has the warps on a longer list D: It would be nice to see the dungeon warps at the very least alphabetized T_T

On another note, @die does exist, it simply isn't enabled on the server and is still pending on whether it shall be added. Unless it was shot down without me realizing it Thinking
[Image: livingcolor.jpg][Image: soulessence.jpg]
Angel Empire♥
Rika[Assassin Cross]    -    Aorie[High Priest]
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2007, 03:01 PM by Rika.)
11-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Find Reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Threads: 703
The dungeon warps are alphabetized, aren't they?

I'm sure GM-Aki meant no disrespect, we are grateful for suggestions ^_^

Still pending on @die, I think we've heard enough about it already.

11-30-2007, 03:26 PM
Find Reply