Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More differences in Light/Dark??
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Threads: 158
More differences in Light/Dark??
Namin? is sort of sad to see such a great idea of heRO ending up to "which is better? a demonic black wing or a flappy white wing?" Think that most people chose their sides based on aesthetic appearance of the light/dark equipment...?

Is it possible to have more unique differences between the two sides in the future? It may include differences in the unique equipment which may introduce "imbalance" but there are other things too... maybe quests that are totally exclusive to one side and receive item awards that are different (like... one side receives ring0, and the other side receives earring0 instead? dunno... just using this as example)? Right now, quests are usually identical and simply a matter of selecting what kinds of points to receive when the quest is complete... GMs or others may have even better, more unique ideas to make the two sides truly unique too.

It may also help the dark side to gain more people too Icon_biggrin; If the trend continues to be purely appearance based, the cute flappy wings will only keep the light side stronger and stronger Love

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~

10-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Find Reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Threads: 703
RE: More differences in Light/Dark??
We wanted to encourange players choose their side according to what they actually preffer and not for example "my character needs int so I'll go with dark because they get earring0". This is why most quest,bonus are equivalent.

It's better if the choice is made roleplay wise than for stat bonus. We didn't really anticipate that people would choose for the look of the gears, we try to choose gears that are good looking ^_^;
10-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Find Reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Threads: 104
I like it that it's roleplay as well, though I'll admit that I like the dark helmet better, so I picked dark (also I like dark better for RP reasons for my Assassin and Priest).
- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
10-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Find Reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Threads: 144
In the beggining there was no wings at all, it was simply a matter of roleplay.
Lets dump those wings! Laugh
IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
10-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Find Reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Threads: 130
I chose light cause my sage is a nice guy...overall Evil
[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2007, 07:41 PM by Aaronock.)
10-16-2007, 07:41 PM
Find Reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

GM-Pandora Wrote:It's better if the choice is made roleplay wise than for stat bonus. We didn't really anticipate that people would choose for the look of the gears, we try to choose gears that are good looking ^_^;

But the supposed plot outline for the heroes of light and darkness are usually... "let's beat up <insert MvP who felt like invading for the sake of invading>" To Namin?, really nothing to roleplay with or build on top of it all...

Reading back the first few chapters of Chronicles of Heroes seem like there are plenty that can be done, but the recent days always seem to be random monster invasions, and only. Not much sense of belonging to a storyline if it is so...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~

10-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Find Reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Threads: 130
*Makes serious post now*

Well in all honesty, I wish there were some quests that gave the same prizes, but you had to do them totally differently to get those prizes. The Dandelion Quest made recently is a really really good example of how we even can be doing things here on HeRO.

In Dandelion's Quest you pick to work with one assasin or the other and you get different prizes yes but they are each really good prizes to win Icon_biggrin

Anyway what I'm saying is there should be more NPC's that are made just for those on the light side to be able to utilize, and some that only dark can utilize. Perhaps a grand storyline quest can occur for each of these sides to really make people think about what side they want to choose.

Though I do realize there is a lot to be busy with these days on the server, but after all that is done perhaps we should focus more on how to make light/dark more interesting for everyone :]
[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega

10-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Find Reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

When SvN settles down (so maybe by next year), guess that may be the goal heRO server together should try to accomplish... It is part of the name, part of the slogan and everything for heRO to work on its greatest unique part of gameplay, which is the Light vs Dark hero. Namin? is certain that Ms. Pandora is aware of the problem, as shown by the consistent attempts to hire a roleplay GM, but perhaps the community can give a hand by at least contributing ideas too.

And yes indeed, sometimes different prizes may be "unfair" but it adds diversity to the two sides... just like the aforementioned Dandelion Quest.

10-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Find Reply
Former-GM-Auron Offline
GM-Dolly supreme

Threads: 30
Aaronock Wrote:In Dandelion's Quest you pick to work with one assasin or the other and you get different prizes yes but they are each really good prizes to win Icon_biggrin
Oooooooohhhhhh so that was what I tested and never knew what it really was... I feel so like a noobIcon_suprised btw I loved testing the quest and found it very interactive and quests will end up resembling more that one and be more versatile, one is in the works right now but its not for light vs dark but something else mouahahah. *runs away*
The Legendary Joe Wrote:
Kaoreii Wrote:auron-sama is the forum cleaner :D
Dolly Extrodinair, GM of Many sizes, and Forum Janitor =o
That's me. Icon_biggrin[Image: GM-Auron.gif]
10-17-2007, 03:08 AM
Find Reply
Peeka~ Offline
Changing Peco for Motorcycle...

Threads: 42
GM-Auron Wrote:/... quests will end up resembling more that one and be more versatile, one is in the works right now but its not for light vs dark but something else mouahahah. *runs away*
Wonders at the sanity of our Auron Laugh
Peeka~
10-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Find Reply