heRO-Server Forum
Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters) - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters) (/showthread.php?tid=1531)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE:??Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters) - distortedMIND - 04-04-2006 11:00 AM

woah, hold up, just want to say sora is COMPLETELY INNOCENT. He didn't know anything about his friend having a warp. Kurai had a warp, but the 4 classmates she plays with on this server did NOT know anything about it. Btw, this is Daisuke, not distortedMIND (brothers)

RE: ??Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters) - Hina - 04-04-2006 11:11 AM

jman212 Wrote:Bah They made Bad choicesIcon_razz Accept the consequences and move on...something like this shouldnt even be given 2nd chances. You guys are lucky..you should take the chance if you canIcon_exclaim

You have no idea whats going on at all. Do you?
You think that were lucky? I wouldn't be suprised,
if no body ever wanted to speak to me again.
I would have much rather had a perma ban. It definatly would
have been the easy way out.

Do you even know the consequences?
they go beyond starting over,
starting again with everyone knowing what you did,
is a punishment worse than a perma ban.

RE:?? Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters) - Hina - 04-04-2006 11:19 AM

Tenshi Wrote:well Hina if that truly is how you would like me to act and not speak with you again then there is nothing I can do about it.

However you must understand the guild to me was like a family and it just surprised me that some did this (others less so (surprising me by the actions))

And feeling very hurt and in the "heat of the moment" mayhap I have expressed myself harshly.

However I won't amend what I've said. Though it may be hurtful I am sorry, but What I've said is said.

Not that I've intended to hurt you.

Anyhow...

How dare you....
First you turn your back on me and your friends in game by deleting your character and saying that we will never recognize you or your new character.
And all you did was give a hollow good bye to some people?
I stumbled across you before you left. you didn't even say goodbye to me? nor did you even bother to tell anyone why you just up and left them.

Now you look down on me in, what? Pitty? What kind of friend are you!?
You don't look down on your friends, you try to understand them, and make them feel better, not give them the same shame the rest of the world see's in them!

RE: Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters) - GM-Pandora - 04-04-2006 11:31 AM

All bans mentionned are permanent both levels and items.

Rock Lee is ip banned, and if you got more to say hurry up because you will be banned from forum soon too, we all have had enough of you. Kura and SoulStealer will also be ip banned for what they did.

Those who make a real appologies will be allowed to start fresh (that means create a new account and level new characters), so far the ones that are allowed to do that are:

sheep
Hina
Sora

However, even tough we allow you to start fresh, we don't truely forget the errors of the past, if you break a rule again you will most likely face a full ban including ip.

I think Tenshi said it best:
Tenshi Wrote:Lessons were handed out and it'll be alright if you learned from it

Regarding those who claim some people in the list are innocent. It may be, but we have no way to find out and like we said, you are responsible for your ip/login. I do believe some of those people could be innocent, but if I started listening to one and not the others based only on their word-for-it it would be unfair. Levels were gained illegaly, accounts are banned, that's pretty much the end of it.

If you had given/lended stuff to the cheaters, that's also very sad and unfortunate, but that too would be too tricky to separate the thruth from the lies.

Regarding the events I spoke off, GMs have agreed on this and I will make a separate post about them later on.

The promised screenshot:

[Image: screenheroserver0653ge.jpg]
[Image: screenheroserver0668ko.jpg]
[Image: screenheroserver0672ve.jpg]

Not that he deserves to see, but I said I would post them, so I'm true to my word. Icon_razz

SoulStealer is the first one that I caugh, after that I added the variable that led to our proof for most of the others.

As Aegis has said, when a GM is hiding, you wont see their name with @who.

On a last note, I don't think many of you realise how much effort we put into the server and how much this hurts us. We spent a lot of time building the server, we watch over our players af if they are our kids, the server is our little project together as friends and we care for it very much. We love most of you, and we would want you to be perfect, but of course no one is perfect, and I mean the same for us, we're far from perfect, but please know that we try our best. Constant critisizing is hurtful (tough inevitable, it comes with the GM job), some people think we're too lenient, some that we are too harsh, we try to be fair and act in the best interrest of the server.

Please respect our decisions.

RE: Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters) - Tenshi - 04-04-2006 11:37 AM

Yes you did you stumbled on me in Morroc before I went and deleted my char
I was talking to people saying my good byes
I was looking through my inventory for soemthing nice to give you as a departure gift
next thing I know you're not in the city anymore
Yes I didn't share my reasons with anyone
But I didn't want to share
Did I truly turn my back?
Maybe
Did I mean to no
But those who looked carefuly would be able to spot me in the @who
Even if you just saw my character in town or leveling you would know it was me by they way i act or talk
Those who want to find me can
Am I running away?
Maybe
But deep down I have my reasons for deleting my character.
No I didn't mean to make you feel bad or anything
Just really shocked me
Even now I am arguing with the GMs for an easier compromise.
Maybe they'll listen to my pleas or they may not.
I don't just stand idly by
yes I've said some harsh things
I was in disbelief
I asked for the proof
Even after I got the proof
I was still try to fight for some of you
But you've made up your mind on me
It's not like it's going to change

Here you want the reason why I deleted BKN?

I deleted him just because
I felt like it
Just because I could
I deleted him for FUN
Yes I know all that hard work down the drain

Doesn't mean that I won't stop being there
or that I won't be there keeping an eye on my friends
or that I won't be there to help.

Yes maybe you won't recognize me
But at least I know that I can still help those in need

If I knew all this was going to come down BKN would still be there
Would still be in the guild
Would still be alive
Would still be fighting for my beliefs
But now he's gone

But doesn't matter anymore
You choose to see me in that light then there's nothing I can do

The most hurtful is that I took some of you under my wnigs at the begining to help you get a start and this happens
But I would still fight for you since the guild was my family!

anyways I got class
so laters

RE: Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters) - _Wind_ - 04-04-2006 11:48 AM

ok by reading through alot of this i can say that if people are taking this as a life + death thing then some time from RO is nessessary.

RE: Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters) - Former-GM-Aegis - 04-04-2006 11:51 AM

All this poetry makes me want to draw to your attention some citations from the hitchickers guide to the galaxy.

For all those who gave their passes to friend or have been wrongly led:
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

And this one is for us GM who were too blind to see what was happening before:
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

That sums it up *closes the book*

RE: Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters) - GM-Feith - 04-04-2006 11:52 AM

Don't take this too emo please...

I don't think people will accuse you or disrespect you because of what just happenned.

What is important is your reactions, because reactions can get rid of your credibility. When some players lied and refused to tell us the truth i think that is something that other players just can't stand.

If you just admit, make a new legit player (for those who can) and start all over without making trouble, things will go on and people will forget.

This is a game.

And don't forget : NEVER give away your password/login to a friend or to another player without being sure at 250% he won't cause you any trouble. GMs are not responsible of your character if you do so. We are making so many efforts to be sure your password is protected and encrypted....

Also : I think we GMs don't really want to look for every characters : if this one is on the same IP and this one is not responsible because blabla....this one is the brother of the other one and blablabla... Cheaters just knew what would happen and I think people should get mad at them, not at us.

RE:?? Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters) - Hina - 04-04-2006 12:08 PM

_Wind_ Wrote:ok by reading through alot of this i can say that if people are taking this as a life + death thing then some time from RO is nessessary.

Im sure you wouldn't be saying that if you lost everything you worked hard for in this game. So let me tell you something.

When someone tells you a joke,
It makes you laugh,

When someone betrays you, after you trusted them,
you feel hurt, and angry,

When someone goes out of there way to do something
really special for you, You feel over joyed and happy,

When you make mistakes,
You feel terrible.

Its not about life and death,
its about every day decisions.

and yes, it is a game, but the people, what they say,
and what you say to them, how it makes you feel,
and how you make them feel,
Its real, and its not something you can throw aside,

As well as a game, its a community,
when someone makes fun of you at school,
You can't just hide in your house and never leave,
you have to go the next day and make do with what you have.

When you don't like someone, you can't just delete them.
you have to confront them and work out your differences.

I feel bad about what i did, but
as Feith said,

"things will go on and people will forget."

RE: Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters) - _Wind_ - 04-04-2006 12:08 PM

[Image: 002zpqar]

I can say that for more than half the people that have replied with disgust - you would have done the same thing if were given the chance.
Why is everyone acting with some level of hatard? we are human and we will fall into temptation, there are moments in everyones life such things happen and we have to accept punishment, the posts of disgust is not needed and only causes belittlement to some people.

Above all of this, we are hero, we ARE a community. Let us get over this incident already and leave the negitive thoughts behind and look forward. -