heRO-Server Forum
Renewal Client, yay or nay? - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Poll - Give Your Opinion! (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Renewal Client, yay or nay? (/showthread.php?tid=23278)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Renewal Client, yay or nay? - Nachi - 04-26-2013

Hell, i really don't know what to vote now.

I would kill for the sortable, better organized storage, as i actually keep more items on heRo than i ever did on the officials. The biggest crap item might be used in a custom quest and i actually regretted selling my 1000 large jellopies to the npc, when i talked to that poring on pi and it asked for 100 of them and i didn't have those anymore. xD

Besides that however, i don't like the renewal client all that much, mostly because of the bm. I've never used bm, i just don't like having to push enter before typing any text.
And i keep getting that bug with things staying highlighted (didn't even know that was a bug until now). Icon_suprised
Now i'm actually more against it, but i want that storage! xD'
With the current one, there's no guessing where an item is, you have to remember where each one is and then try to find it by clicking and scrolling.

Meh... i guess i'll just sit back and have the others decide.

RE: Renewal Client, yay or nay? - GM-Pandora - 04-26-2013

We've added some screenshots.

RE:??Renewal Client, yay or nay? - demishock - 04-26-2013

Nachi Wrote:Hell, i really don't know what to vote now.

I would kill for the sortable, better organized storage, as i actually keep more items on heRo than i ever did on the officials. The biggest crap item might be used in a custom quest and i actually regretted selling my 1000 large jellopies to the npc, when i talked to that poring on pi and it asked for 100 of them and i didn't have those anymore. xD

Besides that however, i don't like the renewal client all that much, mostly because of the bm. I've never used bm, i just don't like having to push enter before typing any text.
And i keep getting that bug with things staying highlighted (didn't even know that was a bug until now). Icon_suprised
Now i'm actually more against it, but i want that storage! xD'
With the current one, there's no guessing where an item is, you have to remember where each one is and then try to find it by clicking and scrolling.

Meh... i guess i'll just sit back and have the others decide.

All of this is exactly how I feel, too. Storage = yay, forced battlemode (I can't type BM without thinking of something else it stands for) = nay. Plus I REALLY like my RO skin. So I'm torn. :/

RE: Renewal Client, yay or nay? - proto - 04-26-2013

If only this was added a few years ago Icon_sad

RE: Renewal Client, yay or nay? - KaminoKaoru - 04-27-2013

I'm so torn with this. I'll be really glad for a renewal UI in heRO but honestly I'd rather have the bugs fixed first before implementation..

Thinking

RE: Renewal Client, yay or nay? - Undain - 04-27-2013

This change is stupidly good. RO has always sucked on the user interface and that was the only downside when gaming on heRO (most other servers got this update). I gave up all hopes of ever seeing a change like this. Now there's the updated interface and no new mechanics. Best of both worlds without a doubt.

From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank you. The work you guys do for this change to go through is greatly appreciated.

RE: Renewal Client, yay or nay? - Shaolan - 04-27-2013

I dont like changes and other than the new storage, i dont need any changes. Isnt there a way to get the new storage without the rest? =O

RE:??Renewal Client, yay or nay? - GM-Pandora - 04-27-2013

Shaolan Wrote:I dont like changes and other than the new storage, i dont need any changes. Isnt there a way to get the new storage without the rest? =O
Nope I'm sorry, making a client by myself is really far beyond my capabilities, it's all or nothing with the new client.

RE: Renewal Client, yay or nay? - Zeena - 04-27-2013

All those bugs are really unattractive to me, so I said 'no'.

... But it looks like the majority says yes. I guess I'll have to figure out how the heck I'm even going to be able to download heRO if we have this new client (Mac user). I honestly don't even know how I'm playing right now.

RE: Renewal Client, yay or nay? - Beauty - 04-27-2013

panda, do you know how to +1000 storage space? >.< i am not sure what to say about this.