heRO-Server Forum
PVP Tournament - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: PVP Tournament (/showthread.php?tid=1359)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: PVP Tournament - lilazndude - 03-19-2006 09:34 PM

(Don't mind the forum nickname)

Name: Scipio
Class: Assassin
Base level: 82
Job level: 50

RE: PVP Tournament - Alexander - 03-19-2006 11:05 PM

Advantage all non-monks / crusaders? Not really. It's a damaging skill. What's the difference? None really. Just because crusaders have a chance to cause a double KO that way, doesn't mean they will that often or they get some "unfair" advantage. I think it's the logical thing to do. And if a Monk wants to be smart about it- they'll wear the crusader down first, heal, and use a softer Asura so the kick-back won't obliterate them.

As for rematching, how do you know Wind? Did the GMs tell you? Icon_razz
I'm only guessing, they have the final say on this stuff and only they even know how the ladder will work.

RE: PVP Tournament - Muzzle - 03-19-2006 11:19 PM

_Wind_ Wrote:A rematch will take place tremor - until we have one winner, after all - double elimination would mess up the ladder

'scuse me? Did I say something? Icon_confused

RE: PVP Tournament - _Wind_ - 03-19-2006 11:34 PM

replying to your ' what if theres a double ko ' comment

RE: PVP Tournament - Alexander - 03-19-2006 11:48 PM

He didn't make that comment. /swt

RE: PVP Tournament - _Wind_ - 03-20-2006 12:42 AM

whoops i mean Tenshi

RE: PVP Tournament - Culex - 03-20-2006 06:42 AM

Alright, count me in.

Name: Cucu
Class: Lord Knight
Base Level: 77
Job Level: 45

RE: PVP Tournament - GM-Pandora - 03-20-2006 10:36 AM

DemonicPrince Wrote:oh, one question...do you have to edited it every time you have leveled up?
or will you tell us to edit to a while before?
You don't have to edit it everytime, but make sure it's up to date by saturday when I make the ladder.

Tenshi Wrote:Q: What about double KO? (I.E.: Asura and shield reflect)
Alexander Wrote:I would ASSUME that would be a double elimination. I could be wrong though.
_Wind_ Wrote:A rematch will take place tremor - until we have one winner, after all - double elimination would mess up the ladder
Good question, I'll think about it and let you know before the tournament. Both options seem viable.

RE: PVP Tournament - Tenshi - 03-20-2006 11:18 AM

well each have problem
since if both ousted then there would be one person moving on unchallenged so would that mean that person wins and gets the prize for winning a match?
On the other hand if the re-match goes it could be rematched for a long time meaning a delay in the tournament.

RE: PVP Tournament - GM-Pandora - 03-20-2006 11:37 AM

If anything, this might not even happen at all, the monk thing has only a low percentage of chance of doing that, doesnt it?

As for having a person unchallenged, if we get to an odd number, I'll probably have a person who won already, participate twice in the same round and no matter if that person looses/wins they will get to go on.

Like this:
Person A won their first match. Person B is the last to go on and has no opponent. Person A and B fight together. If person A wins, only he goes to next round. If person B wins, they both go to next round and person B gets a prize for wining. Person A does not get any extra prize in either case (but they got one for winning their first match).