heRO-Server Forum
"General" PvP Rules Agreement - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Suggestions/Questions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: "General" PvP Rules Agreement (/showthread.php?tid=7322)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: "General" PvP Rules Agreement - Aaronock - 09-09-2008 01:58 PM

ROFL x)
Ummm...I don't care, I probably won't bother with pvp tournies anyway, most of them suck unless in a small group setting to me anyway (for example 3vs3 or 10vs10).

RE: "General" PvP Rules Agreement - teOx - 09-09-2008 02:15 PM

why post just to say you dont care and wont bother joining and rofling at us who do care? Icon_sad

RE: "General" PvP Rules Agreement - GM-Pandora - 09-09-2008 02:22 PM

Less fighting please people. This is one of the reason hosting pvp-related event is "icky" :\

-Potion skills from chemist, allow or disallow or limit it?
I'm with the limit option. However trying to count the number of potion thrown during a fight is tedious, a number of potion for the whole event should be set, and that will depend on each event. Could be a generic number of potion/slim, example if the allowed number is 30, then the chemist can decide to have example 10 slim red (for lif), 15 white and 5 blue.

-movement speed buffing items, allow or disallow?
I say no to "portable aco" buffing items.

-spell scrolls?
I'd say no as well, classes should use their own skills, or those obtained via gears.

RE: "General" PvP Rules Agreement - Aaronock - 09-09-2008 02:34 PM

teOx Wrote:why post just to say you dont care and wont bother joining and rofling at us who do care? Icon_sad

Fine then...let me state how I feel on each issue like Panda Did then meanie! ;-;

-Potion skills from chemist, allow or disallow or limit it?
I'm with Panda on this one, limiting it probably is the best. At the same time though I haveta consider I can bring as many gems as I want. Could just make a set limit on catalysts for all items and that might actually be the easiest solution to it all.

-movement speed buffing items, allow or disallow?
I'm guessing by movement speed buffing items we are talking about consumables like authoritative badge and not peco peco hairband or adventurer's hat. Um...I guess I don't really care if you don't allow these speed buffing items, it really does change the way one fights if you have them. I would probably not allow Speed Pots but be okay with other speed boost items. Speed pots would allow some classes such easy kills it would be ridiculous =/

-spell scrolls?
*Points up to her opinion of limiting on all catalysts and thinks the same easily could apply to spell scrolls*

RE: "General" PvP Rules Agreement - Fruityla - 09-09-2008 03:53 PM

My ideas even though I don't actually PvP and merely listen to people argue about it:

- No buffing items
- No food
- No fish
- No spell scrolls
- Limit potions, deadly poison, gemstones, and any other skill catalysts I may have missed. (Possibly including zeny >: D)
- Allow green potions but no pancea

RE: "General" PvP Rules Agreement - teOx - 09-09-2008 04:18 PM

those are worthless if you dont list reasons like everyone else is.

RE:??"General" PvP Rules Agreement - Général_Argos - 09-09-2008 05:39 PM

GM-Pandora Wrote:trying to count the number of potion thrown during a fight is tedious, a number of potion for the whole event should be set,

Why would it be more tedious to set a limit for fights instead of the whole event???You do that for the toh but, I never liked that idea.??

GM-Pandora Wrote:-movement speed buffing items, allow or disallow?
I say no to "portable aco" buffing items.
Why no for agiup from acolyte and yes for a detoxify from thief, combined with cure from palladin?

GM-Pandora Wrote:-spell scrolls?
I'd say no as well, classes should use their own skills, or those obtained via gears.
Why gear instead of consumables???A pair of wings that enable fire bolt for any classes gives far more possibilities than a scroll that is used one time.??(Same pvm wise)
Scrolls gives new opportunities for pvp strategies, and are weaker version of full level spells.

RE:??"General" PvP Rules Agreement - Fruityla - 09-09-2008 06:20 PM

teOx Wrote:those are worthless if you dont list reasons like everyone else is.

[e-sarcasm]Because I said[/e-sarcasm]

Aaaanyway, the real reasons are as follows:

- No buffing items
I guess I just find something wrong with carrying a portable acolyte, that and I was going with the ToH rule here Icon_razz

- No food
I consider food in the same neighborhood as buffing items.

- No fish
In the past I saw a thread suggesting a "fish-free" pvp room, which a lot of people seemed to be in favor of. That and it seems like you guys don't like fish being involved anyway.

- No spell scrolls
You have your own darn skillset, use it. (Wouldn't they be useless to low int people anyway?)Taking Krim's post in consideration, it might be only far to not allow elemental wings as well o_O;

- Limit potions, deadly poison, gemstones, and any other skill catalysts I may have missed. (Possibly including zeny >: D)
This idea was spawned by the potion pitcher argument. Complete banning of these items would screw some over by default because they need items just to use the skill to begin with. However, we can't pick on alchemists and creators alone, so make it fair by limiting ALL catalysts.

This may even include zeny because of it's use in Cart Termination and Mammo. More just being fair.

- Allow green potions but no panacea
Green potions only cure Blind, Silence, Poison, and Confusion. Panacea cures every status effect. I guess I just see green pots as more fair Icon_razz but we all know Lin is crazy.

RE: "General" PvP Rules Agreement - teOx - 09-09-2008 06:27 PM

we are staying pretty far from TOH rules, they should not be considered in the slightest imo. for starters no healing items making the huge difference.

RE:??"General" PvP Rules Agreement - Fruityla - 09-09-2008 06:51 PM

teOx Wrote:we are staying pretty far from TOH rules, they should not be considered in the slightest imo. for starters no healing items making the huge difference.

You're never happy are you? Fine, I'll fix it again.

- No buffing items
I guess I just find something wrong with carrying a portable acolyte, that and I was going with the ToH rule here They are lame anyway. Icon_razz

And technically, there are healing items. No one said you couldn't bring a limited number of pots if you weren't an alch/creator :3