heRO-Server Forum
Problem with MirAI friendslist? - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Problem with MirAI friendslist? (/showthread.php?tid=12769)

Problem with MirAI friendslist? - Reisen - 12-22-2009 11:42 PM

So I've been using MirAI for a while now, and it works perfectly. The only thing, however, is that my homunculus forgets who my friends are the instant it dies. I added them using alt + rightclick, and I see it do the little spin to confirm the addition. Up until it dies, it fights perfectly.

But the instant I have to resurrect it, the party grinds to a halt as I manually re-add everyone back to the list. Can anyone help?

RE: Problem with MirAI friendslist? - Galt - 12-23-2009 12:12 AM

So is this in a party situation with the people on you friendlist?

RE: Problem with MirAI friendslist? - azurerogue - 12-23-2009 01:02 AM

My guess is that the problem has to do with permissions and the ability of MirAI to update the Friends.txt file. I haven't really messed around with friending anyone to my homunculus since I moved my Gravity/RO files from Program Files to plain C:/Gravity/RO but I would imagine, especially if you are running Windows Vista that a major cause of the problem is how reluctant Windows Vista is to let any program modify things in the Program Files folder of your computer.

If you're on Windows Vista, the only real solution might be to reinstall everything outside of the Program Files folder (perhaps in it's own directory in root C: or something, that's what I did). If you're not, then I'm not sure what the problem is with it not saving friends.

RE: Problem with MirAI friendslist? - Reisen - 12-23-2009 06:39 PM

Ah, Thank you for all your help. I've figured out the problem, though. It required a bit of coding tweaks to AI.lua and Util.lua. I forget the exact changes (as I did them last night), so unfortunately I cannot reproduce them here. A bit of googling yielded the answers I needed.

Thanks again, everyone.

RE: Problem with MirAI friendslist? - Iced Blue - 12-23-2009 09:17 PM

googling you say? Ive been having issues. Normally I solo but for those times i do party my vani desides to become useless. It would be nice to figure this out for my lif as well.