Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problem with MirAI friendslist?
Reisen Offline

Problem with MirAI friendslist?

So I've been using MirAI for a while now, and it works perfectly. The only thing, however, is that my homunculus forgets who my friends are the instant it dies. I added them using alt + rightclick, and I see it do the little spin to confirm the addition. Up until it dies, it fights perfectly.

But the instant I have to resurrect it, the party grinds to a halt as I manually re-add everyone back to the list. Can anyone help?
12-22-2009 11:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE: Problem with MirAI friendslist?

So is this in a party situation with the people on you friendlist?

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
12-23-2009 12:12 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

My guess is that the problem has to do with permissions and the ability of MirAI to update the Friends.txt file. I haven't really messed around with friending anyone to my homunculus since I moved my Gravity/RO files from Program Files to plain C:/Gravity/RO but I would imagine, especially if you are running Windows Vista that a major cause of the problem is how reluctant Windows Vista is to let any program modify things in the Program Files folder of your computer.

If you're on Windows Vista, the only real solution might be to reinstall everything outside of the Program Files folder (perhaps in it's own directory in root C: or something, that's what I did). If you're not, then I'm not sure what the problem is with it not saving friends.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
12-23-2009 01:02 AM
Reisen Offline

Ah, Thank you for all your help. I've figured out the problem, though. It required a bit of coding tweaks to AI.lua and Util.lua. I forget the exact changes (as I did them last night), so unfortunately I cannot reproduce them here. A bit of googling yielded the answers I needed.

Thanks again, everyone.
12-23-2009 06:39 PM
Iced Blue Away
The Original Crystal Light

googling you say? Ive been having issues. Normally I solo but for those times i do party my vani desides to become useless. It would be nice to figure this out for my lif as well.
12-23-2009 09:17 PM