heRO-Server Forum
Trials of Heroes! - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: heRO Events (/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+--- Forum: Chronicles of the heroes / Allegiance system / Trial of Heroes (/forumdisplay.php?fid=83)
+--- Thread: Trials of Heroes! (/showthread.php?tid=2019)

RE: Trials of Heroes! - GM-Aki - 05-23-2010 05:49 PM

We're aware of the problem and investigating getting a new flag for maps. It will be done... can't give a time frame though.

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Seth~ - 05-24-2010 01:32 AM

Team killing IMO is dark agents working in Light. Since I only have heard of light having major problems with that.

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Herman - 05-24-2010 02:45 AM

thats cuz dark only has enough ppl for 1-2 parties, lol. Its much easier to avoid friendly fire with less numbers.

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Sepharius - 05-24-2010 02:56 AM

I gave up on the light side a long time ago. :\

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Mort - 05-24-2010 05:21 AM

Actually there was some teamkilling on Dark, some moron started to shoot us in the back, but only until he was "pacified" with 1 CT.

RE:??Trials of Heroes! - Ultima_Pi - 05-24-2010 08:13 AM

Quoted slightly out of order:

GM-Azote Wrote:Someone still has to play 5 months to complete one. If lots of players succeeded it's because they used some high-end characters.

-----

I don't like Ayu's style to put monsters with susprises/hidden ways to kill them and if you fail it's because you should knew how to behave with those monsters. This wouldn't even be a challenge it'd be pure randomness.

-----

I admit I was a bit disappointed when I seen the amount of player succeeding Phase 4 & 5. I thought i'd kill a bit more with those. I'll take care for next episode.

Not really. With a bit of planning/resources, you can get a 5th gen in 1 month.

-----

I do. It's called making you think (Nidhoggur) instead of mindless clickkill (Hillwinds/Nameless). It's a Trial, not a Gimme.

-----

First off, High Wizard isn't blue. Second off, stop making predictable patterns. What's next months? LK? SinX? Last months Sniper was good, as it's pretty hard to dodge a pissed off Sniper.

Seth~ Wrote:Team killing IMO is dark agents working in Light. Since I only have heard of light having major problems with that.

Some of us plotted to kill a certain someone who may or may not have done a certain no-no during ToH. As far as I can tell, the issue hasn't been dealt with, but I haven't been online and don't really have the inclination to find out. So since the GMs were busy doing ToH, we decided to do it ourselves That was first round. Lulz.

Second round we got it together. Third round was pure lulz. I laughed when Spawn~ (dark?) let FlySwatter kill him.

GM-Azote Wrote:I wish this gets solved with a next SVN update.

Thanks for delaying it another 5 years.Mad

Mort Wrote:Or a separate map for hunter classes xD

Well... a few months ago... *muttermutterWhistle

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Aaronock - 05-24-2010 08:34 AM

Marivel for GM pls :O

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Namine - 05-24-2010 01:04 PM

Decide on one thing first, as I know even months ago Azote and I never agreed to the answer to the following question:

"Is PvM section of ToH meant to be balanced for trans and non-trans?"

RE:??Trials of Heroes! - Krumb - 05-24-2010 02:14 PM

Namine Wrote:"Is PvM section of ToH meant to be balanced for trans and non-trans?"

No.

By paying an entrance fee, you're risking your money and time on the chance to receive a powerful gear that becomes stronger over time.?If "weaker" players, i.e. lower leveled characters or non-transcended, can receive wings, it should be through excellent use of resources, experience and maximizing the abilities of a chosen class. Higher level characters should have a much greater advantage at receiving the minimum score for wings, and have the possibility of achieving more, not an easy glide to 100+ for a potentially fantastic reward.

Due to the strength of the item, one should be capable of handling many different situations in PvM.??If one uses a class that is not optimal for a variety of combat situations, does not prepare ahead of time with the correct gear or items, or makes mistakes during the event, that is the players choice/actions. The GMs should be picking out a varied and difficult PvM section so only the best prepared have a chance of a great score.??The average score of a monster trial per person should be 25-30 with a few outliers on each side.

ToH is supposed to be a trial, not a cakewalk.??While new players are the lifeblood of a server, the older players are the foundation and core.??Shouldn't the event pander to the core, and incite the newer players to try harder to become part of said core?

RE: ??Trials of Heroes! - Sepharius - 05-24-2010 05:40 PM

Krumb Wrote:ToH is supposed to be a trial, not a cakewalk.??While new players are the lifeblood of a server, the older players are the foundation and core.??Shouldn't the event pander to the core, and incite the newer players to try harder to become part of said core?

Ok

I also laugh when people rage quit because they think ToH was supposed to be a cakewalk. Ah, amusing.