heRO-Server Forum
Trials of Heroes! - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: heRO Events (/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+--- Forum: Chronicles of the heroes / Allegiance system / Trial of Heroes (/forumdisplay.php?fid=83)
+--- Thread: Trials of Heroes! (/showthread.php?tid=2019)

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Namine - 05-24-2010 06:29 PM

For now, defeating ToH Tao Gunka for profs (hwiz still got stave crasher and thus they aren't as bad), your best chance is the same thing to what skilled snipers bring out of fear of nepenthes round 1.

Bring Myst Case Hat, with your highest base dmg weapon.

Damage calculations:

140 atk (dagger of counter base dmg, +4 will get higher) x [250% (lv 3 mammo) x 20% (myst case hat bonus)] x 2 (anti-magic lv 5 melee vulnerability) x 1 (0 base def) = 840 dmg.

You'll still need 6 hits of Mammo to kill it, but it certainly beats 20 dmg double bolt at a time.

And don't say this method is unrealistic because bringing certain gear is unfair, when the topic of discussion is only a myst case hat. Dagger of counter isn't the most top tier gear to get either. Both item doesn't weigh a ton. This is by far your best solution at this moment in time.

ToH is hard. You do need to plan on how to overcome your class's disability. GMs have a part in choices, but so do the players. Likewise to snipers: GMs got all the right to do ice titan/ancient tree/bradium golems/you-get-the-idea or pneuma spammers (nepenthes for round 1!) in ToH as well, and it's your responsibility to think of ways to overcome them.

RE:??Trials of Heroes! - Ultima_Pi - 05-25-2010 08:53 AM

Namine Wrote:ToH is hard. You do need to plan on how to overcome your class's disability / think of ways to overcome them.

This is the most absurd thing I've ever seen leak out of your head.

Please find and kill the zombie that ate your brain, so that you may recover your senses.

RE:??Trials of Heroes! - loveapples - 05-25-2010 09:35 AM

Namine Wrote:"Is PvM section of ToH meant to be balanced for trans and non-trans?"

Doesnt need to be, and shouldn't be. When I first did ToH, it was the only one I had time for recently), I did it as a 99 hunter.

For the monster trial, I was able to keep my own against everything but tatachos(I forgot to use traps for), which some trans classes can handle themselves.

RE: ??Trials of Heroes! - Namine - 05-25-2010 10:23 AM

loveapples Wrote:
Namine Wrote:"Is PvM section of ToH meant to be balanced for trans and non-trans?"

Doesnt need to be, and shouldn't be. When I first did ToH, it was the only one I had time for recently), I did it as a 99 hunter.

You answered your own question right there.

I would love to hear how do you design something so that the blacksmith who uses mammonite, and the whitesmith who uses cart ram, will face the same difficulty using the same set of monsters.

Ultima_Pi Wrote:
Namine Wrote:ToH is hard. You do need to plan on how to overcome your class's disability / think of ways to overcome them.

This is the most absurd thing I've ever seen leak out of your head.

Please find and kill the zombie that ate your brain, so that you may recover your senses.

I'm sure that all senses will be recovered if you give me Osiris card ;D

RE: Trials of Heroes! - GM-Azote - 06-05-2010 06:06 PM

Saturday June the 19th 2010 Starting at 1 PM (EST, aka servertime)

Host : GM-Icon_twisted-Azote

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Nero - 06-14-2010 07:10 PM

w00t ToH in weekend before exams Cry

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Hercules - 06-14-2010 09:31 PM

I know right? Awesome timing ._.

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Aaronock - 06-14-2010 10:08 PM

May I ask what is the average length of time for a ToH now and days?
I was thinking of coming to next month's if possible.

This time as usual something has come up to take my time away.

RE: Trials of Heroes! - TPC - 06-15-2010 02:44 AM

It varies, but average time is shorter nowadays since more things has been automated, for example reading of the rules is done by a script instead of a GM. Last time there were no problem during monster/item/pvp, so those went pretty quickly, even when factoring in that item was given longer time than normal due to being harder than normal. But trivia was dragged out due to the GM being extremly slow with entering the questions. If you're short on time you could just do monster and item or pvp and be done pretty quickly. The entire ToH last time was what, 5 hours?

RE: Trials of Heroes! - GM-Pandora - 06-15-2010 09:18 AM

4-5 hours nowadays ^_^ with about 100 participants.