heRO-Server Forum
Trials of Heroes! - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: heRO Events (/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+--- Forum: Chronicles of the heroes / Allegiance system / Trial of Heroes (/forumdisplay.php?fid=83)
+--- Thread: Trials of Heroes! (/showthread.php?tid=2019)

RE: Trials of Heroes! - wussypuff - 02-19-2008 02:35 AM

i joined in oct and have gotten to do 1 ToH because of work. sunday is my only weekend day off and there's never enough advanced warning to ask for time off from work (2 weeks). i only got to participate in the last one because i had pneumonia as it was again on a saturday. we have yet to have a sunday ToH since sept 2006 according to the list.

can we have more notice? i would think for something so lengthy to prepare for more notice would be easy to give. saturday is one of the hardest days of the week to get someone to cover a shift for you when you work retail as NOBODY wants to work on the weekends.

i LOVED the ToH i was a part of, but the short notice is killing my chances Icon_sad

RE: Trials of Heroes! - GM-Ayu - 02-19-2008 02:44 AM

It's exactly because it takes the massive amount of time and preparation that we can't always give a long notice, as the GMs' work schedule is not the most stable either. The moment we can confirm a day available, we try to announce it ASAP already Icon_sad

RE: Trials of Heroes! - GM-Pandora - 02-19-2008 09:28 AM

What Ayu said, we don't announce the date until we are sure to be available that day.

Problem with sunday is that there is woe which cuts the day in half, ToH is a long event.

Sorry for those who can't make it Icon_sad

RE: Trials of Heroes! - wussypuff - 02-19-2008 10:34 AM

ah, makes sense. if there is ANY WAY to get more notice, however, we'd GREATLY appreciate it :D there's quite a few of us in the real world with crappy retail jobs and anything to have a day off is great :D

TOTALLY forgot about woe. dangit. ah well. but yes, advanced warning is nice! can we put a set saturday at all? like 3rd saturday of the month? i dunno.

off i go to try to find someone to work!!

RE: Trials of Heroes! - GM-Pandora - 02-19-2008 11:08 AM

I'm not sure to be available on the 3rd saturday of every month, I have a life too and other obligations outside of heRO. Thanks for the suggestion however, I understand that the faster we announce the date, the more people can free themselves for it.

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Yumera - 02-19-2008 01:01 PM

hmmm with woe being on sunday you said it cuts the day in half? What about for one months variation in the future, Woe gets postponed till maybe an hour after toh so that people who are WoE after ToH get a little stretch break. But maybe if possible for woe to start around 10 or so and that way WoE wouldn't be postponed too late. Dunno just an idea for future toh.

RE: Trials of Heroes! - GM-Ayu - 02-19-2008 02:08 PM

Postponing or changing WoE date disturbs treasure chest balance in which guild leaders/guilds may not be too happy about. Also, people like to use a lot of items in both of these events. Putting them side by side is heavy stress on zeny count for the players, and also they need a bit of time in between to prepare for each one as well.

RE: Trials of Heroes! - GM-Pandora - 02-21-2008 02:51 PM

I don't wanna tamper with the WoE schedule. We could always do toh after woe but then it would end late and most people have work/school on monday morning, hense why saturday is usually ideal, altought of course not everyone can attend.

Remember ToH is this saturday! Possible special surprise as Loki announced.

RE: Trials of Heroes! - The Legendary Joe - 02-22-2008 01:19 AM

"You can't please all of the people all of the time"... That quote fits well here

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Adrillf - 02-23-2008 06:56 PM

Here's a picture of the PVP trial and the trivia trial...
[Image: screenheRO-Server008.jpg]

[Image: screenheRO-Server007.jpg]

It was fun, even if I didn't do too well in it. Thanks for putting it together, and let it be known that next time dark will do better.