heRO-Server Forum
Trials of Heroes! - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: heRO Events (/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+--- Forum: Chronicles of the heroes / Allegiance system / Trial of Heroes (/forumdisplay.php?fid=83)
+--- Thread: Trials of Heroes! (/showthread.php?tid=2019)

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Seiji - 03-30-2009 02:28 PM

I always check their hp before I attack them. I know that their Hp is lower than real one but with that amount, it still hurt. Not to mention that they threw Meteor Storm welcom me in my trial /swt. Do you dare to stay and have fun with that kind of welcom? /swt.

RE: Trials of Heroes! - GM-Ayu - 03-30-2009 02:35 PM

Check their int then next time you log in. I don't think that it's THAT life threatening and certainly much of a saving grace compare to throwing 3 real imps at you. It's just that for once, bow users had it worse in that particular phase compare to everyone else.

RE: Trials of Heroes! - mahawirasd - 03-31-2009 03:33 AM

well yeah that was my fault... didn't really check their hp first... i saw what they were and i thought: "hmm regular thor situation" (except that i have bwing on thor runs)...

they were a good choice Ayu, but it's just that i feared for my connection and the 2 MS cast zones really didn't help Laugh
and yes my connection failed me when facing that dark priest... Cry

-w-

RE: Trials of Heroes! - strikeout02 - 04-01-2009 12:18 AM

What would be better to enter TOH with a 9x/50 Star Glad or a 8x/54 Gunslinger, Im thinking about going with my GSNo1Icon_biggrinLaugh thx for the help

RE:??Trials of Heroes! - Sepharius - 04-01-2009 12:41 AM

strikeout02 Wrote:What would be better to enter TOH with a 9x/50 Star Glad or a 8x/54 Gunslinger, Im thinking about going with my GSNo1Icon_biggrinLaugh thx for the help

Both are do-able, but as far as I see if you aren't really experienced with GS, you might not make it past the monster trial easily; likewise with the item trial, since you are only given 20 minutes to farm a certain amount of items. Might be hard since GS might not be able to kill fast enough.

As for the SG, not sure about that one; I haven't seen one compete as of yet, but you could give it a shot if you are confident.

RE: Trials of Heroes! - mahawirasd - 04-01-2009 12:54 AM

well personally i would think GS (as a ranged char) should do pretty well in items trial (bullet/rapid shower spam FTW)... Laugh
and monster trials should be doable too with the proper rapid shower / full buster switch.

and SGs supposedly own PVM, so i think the only thing you need to remember is to spam fish while kicking at 190 Aspd, and don't forget to bring the proper gear and to set up the proper stances and winds... Ok

so in the end i think it's about your own preference. I would personally choose a ranged character if my connection was good. But SGs have running (VERY useful in monster trial, especially if you see the pros failing at the round you're about to do xP), break fall, and could easily stun lock and decimate monsters if you take care of them properly. SGs should easily pawn the 10-7-5 mobs with his AOE kicks and take the larger monsters on one at a time to ensure victory. No1

-w-

RE:??Trials of Heroes! - Sepharius - 04-01-2009 12:57 AM

mahawirasd Wrote:well personally i would think GS (as a ranged char) should do pretty well in items trial (bullet/rapid shower spam FTW)... Laugh
and monster trials should be doable too with the proper rapid shower / full buster switch.

and SGs supposedly own PVM, so i think the only thing you need to remember is to spam fish while kicking at 190 Aspd, and don't forget to bring the proper gear and to set up the proper stances and winds... Ok

so in the end i think it's about your own preference. I would personally choose a ranged character if my connection was good. But SGs have running (VERY useful in monster trial, especially if you see the pros failing at the round you're about to do xP), break fall, and could easily stun lock and decimate monsters if you take care of them properly. SGs should easily pawn the 10-7-5 mobs with his AOE kicks and take the larger monsters on one at a time to ensure victory. No1

-w-

The multiple elements an SG can choose from also favors their success. Icon_suprised

So I suppose that all an SG has to do is walk in as far enough to see what he's facing, use @mi, and use the appropriate wind. Takes no converters nor extra equips, just a mere SP usage. That is hax. >;3

RE: Trials of Heroes! - strikeout02 - 04-01-2009 01:01 AM

Thx I appreciate the help i think ill just lvl my GS up before the next TOH and use him but if i dont lvl up in time ill go with my SG and yes the mild wind is great its good enough to sway my decisionIcon_biggrinNo1Laugh

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Yumera - 04-01-2009 05:38 PM

SGs are power houses if build right :x Dunno why people are so afraid of using them. They get 7 different elements without carrying negatives like arrows ow converters, they do a crap load of damage ad a superbly fast rate and they can pvp instead of item hunt easy. True the damage can get there from the favored map and hated enemies which most likely you may encounter once in a blue moon in TOH. But if you carry maybe a mino book, a hydra book and a Skell worker book I see no problem flying through the trials with passing colors. Get blue pots and aloe leaflets instead of fish, less weight better distribution. + if you can't beat it you can always run like the wind!

RE: Trials of Heroes! - mahawirasd - 04-01-2009 09:39 PM

yup, what caff and yumera said... +1

the TK tree should be either full STR or full INT IMHO... that's what they do best....

-w-