heRO-Server Forum
Trials of Heroes! - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: heRO Events (/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+--- Forum: Chronicles of the heroes / Allegiance system / Trial of Heroes (/forumdisplay.php?fid=83)
+--- Thread: Trials of Heroes! (/showthread.php?tid=2019)

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Avalon_Fates - 08-21-2009 03:22 AM

O.o 32nd...what.

*Falls back into the hole in time and space*

RE:??Trials of Heroes! - Yuriohs - 08-21-2009 11:55 AM

Sukeishima Wrote:Bolter priests using wings can do a pretty decent job, scrolls really aren't necessary.

Scrolls, are much cheaper than wings, Therefore people with a budget and people that can't really afford them will be able to use them and their farmable.
Scrolls, are also are lighter than wings
Scrolls will allow more priests that already have to carry gear for different players (if they do pvp) And if they don't, scrolls will also allow the Priest/High Priest to bring a good bit of other tools that will prove to be useful.

Scrolls > Wings

Rephrase your statement.

Bloodyknives, post that in a suggestion its not bad.

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Fyrus Carmin - 08-21-2009 12:56 PM

Oh come on, tell me that hunting a Swordfish card is hard, and the hardest to power-up ?

Besides, with a limited number of scrolls, I doubt you could go through all of the trials.

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Adrillf - 08-21-2009 01:14 PM

fyi, 32nd of August = not an origional idea. . .

[Image: 51GHyoKFXJL._SL500_AA240_.jpg]

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Ling - 08-21-2009 04:19 PM

what if this year is some special leap year and we add one day to august
:O

RE:??Trials of Heroes! - Yuriohs - 08-21-2009 05:06 PM

Fyrus Carmin Wrote:Oh come on, tell me that hunting a Swordfish card is hard, and the hardest to power-up ?

Besides, with a limited number of scrolls, I doubt you could go through all of the trials.

Hope that was sarcastic

Lets Math for a bit
say your Fire Bolt Can hit 4k
100 scrolls = 400k depending on the monster's resistance of damage.

If you can only hit 2k then its 200k of damage you can dish which might not be much, but keep in mind a scroll weighs 1. 100 scrolls is 100 weight so you can carry more if you think you need it

I have no clue about things in the Item Trial, but as far as monster goes that many should have you set. at least give you 10 points for 3 rounds.

And as far as pvp goes I wouldn't bring those unless you can cast them pretty fast and hit over 4k.

Also, Another way I see it is this.
You can Have all 4 Wings up in BM or in your F bar
Or, you can have 400 scrolls of each, be overweight (you should be in my opinion for monster trial, if your a priest doing monster/item) and have them in 4 buttons, with your original Armor's you were bringing.

Scrolls have a 4% drop here? or 3 I don't remember. But that beats farming Swordfishes, Pasana's and Dokebi's for Wings imo.

Some people won't even need in the 100's for scolls /swt.

I shouldn't rant About that tho.

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Fyrus Carmin - 08-22-2009 06:11 AM

I may agree with you if you took only 100 scrolls, However, I doubt that would be enough

Let's imagine you could kill all the monsters within the Monster Trial in one hit (which is probably only possible on the first and/or second wave of monsters.) that would do :

10 + 7 + 5 + 3 + 1 = Already 26 Scrolls consumed "only" for Monster Trial, and "only" in the best cast scenario, which won't happen obviously.

If you're doing PvP next, that would be fine since it mostly depends on who you're facing to decide whether you will try to win or try to survive.

If you're doing monsters, You'll need at least another element for the scroll, and since you don't know how much of each item you will need to hunt, AND if you're capable of killing the monsters in one hit (not that they're strong, but some can survive with a few HP remaining), You will probably need another 40-50 Scrolls in the best case.

Personally I'd rather use a pair of Wings to guarantee that I can use an infinite amout of Cold Bolts that could take to finish all the trials, rather than going with a limited number of scrolls and probably fail as I lack on scrolls.

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Yuriohs - 08-22-2009 10:38 AM

Soooooooooo,
What if your facing a mob thats has pretty fast DPS, Hurts (monster ofc)
You could have a Pest in your armor, to make life easier.

Meh I guess it depends on the player really. But like I said, I won't Item I'm not a PvM kind of priest.

I will item when I need wings which I won't for a while xD.

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Neuneck - 08-24-2009 06:50 AM

Use pest until the SC works and then switch to fire wings??

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Yuriohs - 08-24-2009 10:34 AM

Use Pest the whole time without switching armors? And I can switch elements without switching armors?