heRO-Server Forum
Trials of Heroes! - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: heRO Events (/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+--- Forum: Chronicles of the heroes / Allegiance system / Trial of Heroes (/forumdisplay.php?fid=83)
+--- Thread: Trials of Heroes! (/showthread.php?tid=2019)

RE:??Trials of Heroes! - GM-Ayu - 09-10-2009 11:10 PM

Sugoii Wrote:Its hosted by Ayu and if its as bad as everyone says, i would have to say skip it if ur not 90+ trans =p

Depends on what's your expectation of "successful ToH."

Ayu's ToH is beta tested usually using a lv 90 non-trans Knight with the following equips:

Weapons
+4 vvs non-ranking smithed elemental claymore
+4 Gaia Sword (it's just a 150 power, no slot 1 handed sword. Using Flamberge has same and even better result if it's elemental)

Shields
+5 Shield[Hodremlin]

Armor
+6 Chainmail[Peco Peco]
+4 Flower Wings

Shoes
+5 greaves[0]

Garment
+5 Manteau[0]

Headgear
+5 Helm[Grand Peco]

Accessory
2x Ring[Mantis]

Item: 20 Panacea, then load up on salmons up to 89%

That's *all* I use for the beta testing setup. 120 total str, 40-ish dex, and the rest vit (agi, int, luk at 1). The unrealistic part you can argue, is that I do have every knight skill as GM made chars aren't bound by skill points. Other than that, it's imho, legit knight.

It's not pure npc equip, but I think that it's not unreasonable equipment that's way over the top for lv 90 non-trans. Few cards can be bit pricey but the equipment and not-overly-high refine isn't too bad. ToH Monster Trial is considered "fair and acceptable" if I get 35 points with this setup. 35 therefore, is the "average" ToH monster score. Getting above 35 isn't standard but doing great and above average. 45 is excellent, and full 50 is exceptional talent.

So really, is it that bad? Depends on your mindset and expectations then. I expect 35 average in monster, 25-30 average in item, then 1 or 2 trivia, so you work your way to land right on the wings and feel accomplished. OCA is for the great players or the winning side of mass battle, and the double OCA is for the highly exceptional "true heroes."

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Motenai_Ronin - 09-11-2009 12:38 AM

In other words, with Ayu, no babying or holding of hands Icon_biggrin

Watch this video and you shall be enlightened:
"You Play to Win the Game"

RE: Trials of Heroes! - mahawirasd - 09-11-2009 02:28 AM

did you kill all the salmons and not leave anything for items round?

anyway, beware ppl, 35 points for Ayu means that the regular joe would get around 20-25... Cry

-w-

RE:??Trials of Heroes! - GM-Ayu - 09-11-2009 12:39 PM

mahawirasd Wrote:did you kill all the salmons and not leave anything for items round?

anyway, beware ppl, 35 points for Ayu means that the regular joe would get around 20-25... Cry

-w-

Usually I still have some salmons left for items, but then items usually don't need testing of difficulty too much as there's other less time consuming ways to do it. Plus, dying at the right time helps in items actually, since the map revive is a full restore (hp and sp). Dying once or twice has its benefits to pump SP back full if necessary.

I'm not a good melee character player, so there's really no excuse ;p It's not like I'm getting 35 on hunter or anything Icon_smile

RE: ??Trials of Heroes! - Yuriohs - 09-11-2009 01:44 PM

GM-Ayu Wrote:
mahawirasd Wrote:did you kill all the salmons and not leave anything for items round?

-w-

Usually I still have some salmons left for items, but then items usually don't need testing of difficulty too much as there's other less time consuming ways to do it. Plus, dying at the right time helps in items actually, since the map revive is a full restore (hp and sp). Dying once or twice has its benefits to pump SP back full if necessary.

I'm not a good melee character player, so there's really no excuse ;p It's not like I'm getting 35 on hunter or anything Icon_smile

Did you test it with ksing snipers/hunters?
Did you test it with the pure amount of KS that happens in item?

Glad I don't do item, and Glad I probably can't make ToH this month.

Why don't you trial run that same knight, in a ToH you don't host?
If that is what you already do, then the disregard this post.

I don't even want to get started on my mass pvp rants.

However this turns out

I still want my rematch with damakie.

RE: Trials of Heroes! - GM-Ayu - 09-11-2009 03:38 PM

Thus why for item trial it's not practical to do item trial beta-testing as GM. It's easier that we go by our experience and just calculate the result of each ToH until the average score is satisfying, then use the same setup but just changing the items with another item of roughly the same drop rate. Usually it involves nearly all monsters and almost all ToH have around the same setup of 2 'common' items, 1 'uncommon item' and 2 'synthesis item' (unless of course, you typed in the wrong item ID and thus everything comes from drake *cough*mass*cough* XD)

(note: regardless of the error, people still got an average of 33 last month in item trial so to GM PoV, which is pretty close to 35, so no harm is done to ToH setup)

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Ling - 09-11-2009 08:46 PM

dont know if i can make this one, plus im mad at the 5 times doing toh i got 60-68 points (last toh i got 68 points wtf)

RE: Trials of Heroes! - Seiji - 09-11-2009 10:32 PM

Well, be patient. And to be honest, if you can't get enough 70 points, it's good to be mad at yourself Mad I was mad when I couldn't get 70 point too. But I learn from it and so far, I've been good if i had a chance to participate ToH on Friday

RE:??Trials of Heroes! - Yuriohs - 09-12-2009 09:30 AM

Ling Wrote:dont know if i can make this one, plus im mad at the 5 times doing toh i got 60-68 points (last toh i got 68 points wtf)

This is the way I see it bro

I use ToH, as a way to test my skills/awareness in pvp.

I failed last month, horribly

I've never gotten wings since i've been here.

But if you can afford it, you should keep going. But thats only if you think your ready for it.
You know what to expect and really, don't listen to GM's on this average BS. You have to know how high your abilities can reach and what you can do. If your in line on the monster trial, and you see people exiting without killing the monsters, and people who normally don't fail, fail. Keep a cool head, don't get nervous bro. Have a plan when see that monster and go with it. Don't make last minute judgments because you *think* you can kill those monsters.

Have some music on, or something that would make you laugh, you just have to keep a cool head, Don't listen to the hype if people are saying *phew! that monster was hard*

Thats just some advice when you do monster, never done item, so I don't know what to tell you.

Really in sense, its the same with pvp. I overthought, against my match with damakie, and forgot one essential step. I didn't time pnumea's right, which is something I need to work on. Analyze your mistakes that you made in the pvp match, and make sure they don't happen again. When you go into pvp, since all points matters and theres a 100% chance of not getting a rematch in ToH pvp. When your in a match, you can't get your pride get a hold of you, unless you know that the other person is garbage.

You can't be nervous in PvP bro, looking at who your opponent is helps a good bit. Even though you won't have much to plan when you hit the floor, you will while your waiting for your turn.

If you want to win, or want to stall. Then plan out every class's possibility of an attack, observing the active pvpers in pvp is a good move also before even going to the pvp in ToH. You gotta observe what people do in pvp bro, there moves and think of tactics that prevent them from happening.

You have to think, ahead of the game. Be the shot clock in ToH observe everything you keep the score bro.

RE: Trials of Heroes! - GM-Ayu - 09-12-2009 12:04 PM

Best advice: please sleep before ToH

We've seen people who fell asleep or isn't awake enough to do anything in ToH. You need to be awake to do anything!