Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
vending near npc
GT-Hiro Offline
Shadow Drifter

RE: vending near npc

not really =D free warp RP tavern makes it a popular way to get to prontera and people usually walk by it to get to the main area. S its a perfect spot XD

GT-BlackHiro, GT-WhiteHiro, GT-ShadowHiro, GT-Destiny

Quote:A Lost Soul drifting though the voids of Eternal
Darkness
03-24-2009 10:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Frogboy Wrote:i am sure they're moved once, then jailed for revending next to the npc, however i think it should be a much harsher punishment than just jailing them. move them once or twice, but then ban them, temporarily perhaps, but still it seems way too out of hand, almost as if it is intentional.
Hmm Wouldn't warping a Autotrading merchant close the shop and thus log it out? Sure you could move merchants with Moonlight watermill, but that's been proven illegal in the past...

Most vendors I think would not even stop to think about where they set up their shop, and just remake it right on the spot they log in at don't see a shop on their tile already. if only there was a way to Financially punish these autotraders, that might teach them to set up next to a crooked NPC =x but I'd have no Idea how we'd script that...
03-24-2009 10:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Most people who get jailed for vending near npc and have to use the support ticket to apologize do so and mention they didn't know, of course we can never know if it's true, but for first offense it's reasonable to think it was not done on purpose, I think very few if any do it maliciously, maybe just that guy in morroc that got this rule started in the first place.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
03-24-2009 10:33 AM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

i still don't see it as much of an excuse since there's far other more "serious" rules broken, like botting, macro'ing, etc that are stated in the rules just like not vending near npc's that have much harsher punishments than the vending rule.

i wasn't saying it would be a perma-ban, just a temp one where they could again, go to support ticket and request an un-ban in which you would most likely have their ip so if they tried autovending next to an npc again, whether on the same account or a different one, then they'd be perma-banned. i just think if we raised the consequent level for breaking a rule that it'd happen much less frequently and people would actually read the rules more just to make sure they're not breaking them.
03-24-2009 01:10 PM
jannrey Offline

i think this is a good news either for me..

09-01-2009 10:39 AM
elehifi Offline

If you put to harsh a punishment on smaller violations, you end up banning half of the server. I know, for servers with thousands of people on a day, that isn't alot. But for private servers, thats kind of killing off the community. a GM should just teleport the vends to somewhere on a random map. That way, they don't make money, they suffer a bit, and your not killing off part of the community with jails and bans.
09-01-2009 10:57 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I think it should be more about not having it on top of npc's and on top of warps. Maybe lowering the range from which you have to be away from an NPC could help a lot :s

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-01-2009 10:59 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

OR!

Players learn to stop vending near a 3X3 range of a NPC. Don't tell the rules to adjust to your preferences just because it's inconvenient. Adapt to the rules of the server. The reason why it's a range and not just on a NPC is because you can cover up a NPC horribly badly.

09-01-2009 01:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Its not a big deal to me, I rarely vend \o/

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-01-2009 01:41 PM
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

The reason why this rule started is because a player was abusing badly, thus why it is set as a range.

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
09-01-2009 05:35 PM