Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disabling ^_^
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Threads: 130
RE: Disabling ^_^
MVP card disabling during woe might actually be a very good thing.

More strats are involved when you don't have MVP cards to rely on. More classes seem viable and wanted in woe because their usefulness goes up.

That's just me tho, I came from a server where mvp cards ran everything it seemed like.
[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega

11-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Find
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Threads: 205
Bloody Branches can be obtained through many other ways beside donating.

Ahh this brings back memories from Xenogears, CD2. The haves and havenots. Dam mutants and Malakah project Icon_cry

And oh Sek, who are the "new" players who get MVP cards randomly? Because I really, really, reaaaaaaaally hope you are not refering to me. Because I spend more time MVPing than you do sitting on your ass doing @main pvp T_T @main pvp.... Icon_sad @main pvpppppppppppppppppppp <_< , by a good 5 times

Ah sweet jealousy
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2007, 02:17 PM by Bloody.)
11-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Find
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

Threads: 71
lmao bloody how long you been playing HeRo oh yeah thats what I thought Icon_razz
Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
11-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Find
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

A good 8 months, a good 4 MVP cards. That's a bit more than your imaginery Garm card you've been going around lying about for months. But yeah, end of discussion. I lose Icon_sad Go back to killing people in PVP for some self esteem or something.

Oh use the [/Jealousy] HTML code sometimes, will make your life easier =]
11-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Find
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

lolololol my lie kicked people's ass Icon_razz for a while people were terrified of hiting me hehe so my lie pwnt Icon_razz and I never even had to have the card XD. you've been playing 8 months I've been playing like what 2 years or a year and 10 months Icon_razz how would you know how I've spent my time ... oh yeah you don't loloolololololol lmao at the jealousy code if i got a nickle for everytime suggested that lol.
11-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Find
Jack Skellington Offline
The Pumpkin King

Threads: 9
Please keep this clean of...flame wars and such, if you want change bitching is not the way to do it.
[Image: barrelsigam5.jpg][Image: barrelvn0.jpg]
11-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Find
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

well suggesting got me really far Icon_razz I'm so tempted to repeat the same experiment and get same results Icon_razz
11-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Find
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Threads: 703
Honestly, I think this is just silly.

As for Bloody branch, only 1 MVP card that I know of has been obtained from a BBed monster, and the person who got it wasn't even in the party of ppl that cracked the BB! People complained about that actually (BBed mvp being stolen), thus I made a private room for branches. So don't act like I never listen to suggestions, we're very much open ears to our players on heRO, which does not mean that everything suggested will be added, of course not.

BB are a reward for multiple of 100$ donations! Thus not very often given out, they are also a prize for certain events, in which case they available to everyone.

@Bloody and Sekaru, both of you, 1 day forum ban, go cool down.
11-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Find
Jack Skellington Offline
The Pumpkin King

Threads: 9
RE:??Disabling ^_^
GM-Pandora Wrote:Honestly, I think this is just silly.

As for Bloody branch, only 1 MVP card that I know of has been obtained from a BBed monster, and the person who got it wasn't even in the party of ppl that cracked the BB! People complained about that actually (BBed mvp being stolen), thus I made a private room for branches. So don't act like I never listen to suggestions, we're very much open ears to our players on heRO, which does not mean that everything suggested will be added, of course not.

BB are a reward for multiple of 100$ donations! Thus not very often given out, they are also a prize for certain events, in which case they available to everyone.

@Bloody and Sekaru, both of you, 1 day forum ban, go cool down.

Just to point out a little something, with our current economy, let it be stated this is about the value of stuff you can get for $100.

100 OBB <=> 4million 40k each
100 Allegiance Points Priceless~
50 OPB <=> 5 million 100k each
25 OCA <=> 25-50 million, 1-2 mill each
20 BB <=> 8-12 million 400k-600k
3 WM <=> ??
1 Million Zeny = 1 million
Suprise Item?
Total: 43-72 Million +100 allegiance points+3 Wrapped Masks+suprise item?
Imagine getting that on a new character that just started. No advantage hm?

And just curious, how many would an event usually give? Because 20 seems like a lot.

People have successfully sold money on other RPG's for a lot more money and for a lot less reward. (Shivers at the thought of WoWgold and otehr such MMO gold selling sites.)
[Image: barrelsigam5.jpg][Image: barrelvn0.jpg]
11-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Find
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

You have a point there about the zeny, but you have to understand that not everyone is willing to buy OBBs, BBs, OPBs, WMs...etc.

OCAs are fast moving items, they sell so fast it isn't even funny... But there is no need to go as low as picking on the donation list itself. Pandora is not charging us to play, and she often pays for things to improve the stability of the server. If the donation pack was bad, players won't have an incentive to play. And let's face it... How many people are willing to donate purely out of their "love" for the server and not for the items/reward?

Besides those people who donate, sell the items, end up returning the zeny.

Let me describe you a small circle:

ABC donates $100, and earns 60mil zeny from selling the donation items.

ABC needs equips now, the basics:

Hydra - 3~4 x 4mil ea
Thara Frog - 1 x 8mil+ ea
Matyr OR Verit - 1 x 10+mil ea
AoA OR Ghost Bandan OR Evil Wings OR Angel Wings OR...etc - 1mil + ea
Glove[1] / Brooch[1] / Ring[1]...etc - 1mil to 4mil for a pair of slotted accessories
Pest / Rybio / Disguise - 2 to 10 mil ea
Elven ears - 15mil+ ea

That person ends up buying things from people, and the zeny ends up being pumped back into the community. Take a wild guess where most of those cards come out from? You got that right, OCAs.

The issue at hand is BBs, so let's think about BBs again:
- They spawn Angeling/Deviling/Ghostring/Arch Angeling sometimes.
- The party that spawns the MVP can't necessarly handle the spawned MVP.
- We are talking about 0.03% chance.

I hope you get the point, if you don't... Pity Icon_sad
11-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Find