Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Guild is right for me?
Rurouni Kalain Away
Loves Tacos

What Guild is right for me?

Update: I feel it's important to say my time in compared to the server so that proper comments can be said on that respect. My normal playing time is all day currently, but soon that will change to likely afternoon/evening.

My time zone is -3 Server Time

I have been playing on this server now for close to 2 months. Funny actually, I got a friend into this game that I know in person, but I was too busy myself for a while to join them (like, 1~2months before I joined up, heh.). Anyway, my friend is wanting me to join there Guild, but I'm not sure it's right for me. No offense to my friend, he's awesome like me, but I don't want HIS choice to a(e)ffect what is right for me.

So began my search.

Talking with many different people about this and that Guild, talking to a leader there, or a 2nd in command there. Finding both good and bad things and not knowing what to pick.

You may ask, why Kalain, why are you so picky? Just pick one and stick with it!

Exactly.

When I pick a Guild, very often it is for quite a while. While I'm open to the idea of trying out a Guild for a month or so and then switching to another to try that (and that may be what I end up having to do), I would prefer not. I have had the misfortune of playing this game for 6 some years (with various breaks, the last one being 15months) on 3 or 4 (loosing track) different also lower-rate servers. Sadly, ALL of them collapsed. I finally decided that I was not going to a server unless it has been around for several years. This server and it's low-rate etc etc-ness having been around for 4 years seems to fit just perfectly!

Which brings me to this point---do many of you think about how utterly confusing it is to newcomers in terms of the Guilds? Icon_biggrin; I'm not saying I'm upset, no no, please don't think that..But...

..well, in my search, I moved to the forums, more precisely this Guild section. I read. I read I read I read for nearly 2 hours. It seems very difficult to fully know even what Guilds are or aren't even operating currently and/or are dying.

Note: After so many times of joining a server either starting up or joining another Guild, I'm not really interested in joining a Guild that is having problems holding itself together. I'm all for building something from the ground up and such--but just not right now..or for a while yet, heh. This will be shown in my assessment of the Guilds (which really, that's a fair way to look at them, right?)

I'm planning on playing on this server for a good long time to come. ^_^

NOW! For what I'm really looking for. Fun. Fun fun fun, I can't stress that enough. If it's not fun, then really what IS the point ne?

The War of Emperium on this server seems to be lacking, while that is a bummer, I'm not largely interested in that--certainly not for some time. I lack gears, I lack cards, I lack the funds to fuel a bunch of potion drinking as I get my ass kicked (though fish would help, heh) while I'm growing stronger. For now, while I would like to be in WoE, I'm afraid it would have to be with a already decently sized group. I love love LOVE working and building up a small group that gets stronger as time goes on, that how my Guild in other servers was...but that takes time--and I in all honestly don't have the time to commit to being a Guild Leader at this time, nor in all honesty, enough skill on a larger server (trust me, compared to my others, this is far bigger, heh).
So I'm FOR it--just don't expect me to be a major player in it. I have more important things to do like, start breaking myself away from this game! (Joking, but only partly. Really, I'm working on putting real life issues first, so if you have a problem with that..tough. Icon_biggrin)

Parties of fun. As aforementioned I've sadly not had the RO experience over the years I would like...I think I finally can have that. To that end, there is a lot of RO that I have not truely explored. To that end, those that I have explored, not many have I done as a GROUP!

Just two weeks ago, me and a party group that I've been going with a lot (you know who you are *fist bump to'm*) and decided to go for Turtle Island. Not for Turtle General, but for FUN...and fun it was. Ha ha, those Assaulters are dang tough! Ha ha. I got to explore it like I never have before.
Eventually, we went to the lowest level, partly for the custom thing that is down there...you know what I mean if you have been there..likely. Eventually, we got more people and then decided to go for Turtle General. It was tough but I made sure to not leave anyone behind and they didn't leave me behind. Finally after tactical retreats and planning we got it, oh yes we did. That was great. THAT was the sort of thing I want to do.

Let me make this CLEAR I am looking for a Guild that has enough like-minded people that want fun good times and go to various areas without a bunch of convening and pleading. Ayothaya, Louylang, Clocktower, Glast Heim in those deep down places people don't go to often, Robot Factory,...even the Juperos Ruins etc!

I am NOT looking for the best places for EXP. Yes, I admit. Anubis is great. I've been there off-and on and I like it---but I can only take it for so long. Other people around, just going around and around...eh, thankfully my party members are open to going to other places after a while of being at Sphinx lvl 4.

Rachel Sanctuary - Haven't fully explored it yet, it's fun..but certainly can be overdone.

Nameless, I haven't been there yet, but working on it. I'm sure I'll love it..but I'm not looking for bunches of Nameless Quests (though I'm sure I'll eventually do that in part as I've been ITCHING to go explore that place for the first time. ^_^), that's easy to find it seems.

Monster vs Player. No, not MvP, monster vs player, though MvP's are certainly involved in that. I have a dream. I have a dream to fight every single monster there is in this game we call Ragnarok Online and in the END be alive when it dies! Lol. Meaning basically, I know there are some things that aren't practical for me to fight close up and expect to be able to live, but in a PARTY, well, things change of course. Icon_biggrin Anyway, again, due to my lack of stuff, Monster vs Player is the sort of stuff I'm going to be aiming to get as I slowly build up my supply of gears, cards, and zeny.

Now I'm sure that as time goes on, and I finally FINALLY play long-term on a server that doesn't go down on me after a year or so, that I'll want to try different things, and yes, perhaps grind a lot and do WoE and a ton of MvPing...but that's not now.

There are so many classes of characters I have never even TRIED for crying out loud! Sure I may go to a test server (I read that ratemyserver.net has one) but nothing beats actually earning your victories the old fashioned way.

My hope is that I'll be able to find a Guild that fits my needs and wants with-in a few weeks from this point. Would have put it all down sooner, but as you can see, it took a while to put it all down. *bow head* THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your time. ^_^

I do what I can.
"*gasp* You have HOW many of that item?"
I'm freaking Kalain baby. Accept no substitutes.

Kalain - Lord Knight 99/69
Bomoke - Blacksmith - 8x/4x

bool freeTime = false;
if(freeTime)
   game();
else
   school();
(To everyone. I haven't been on much, and I didn't really give much of a goodbye because I've been in contact with some people. Do message me on Yahoo or MSN if you like. I'll come back..just not ready yet.)
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2010 12:21 AM by Rurouni Kalain.)
06-01-2010 11:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What Guild is right for me? - Rurouni Kalain - 06-01-2010 11:46 PM
RE: What Guild is right for me? - Galt - 06-01-2010, 11:54 PM
RE: What Guild is right for me? - Ange - 06-01-2010, 11:55 PM
RE:??What Guild is right for me? - Rankin - 06-02-2010, 12:01 AM
RE: What Guild is right for me? - Nero - 06-02-2010, 12:08 AM
RE:??What Guild is right for me? - Galt - 06-02-2010, 12:15 AM
RE:??What Guild is right for me? - Nero - 06-02-2010, 12:16 AM
RE: ??What Guild is right for me? - Galt - 06-02-2010, 12:23 AM
RE: What Guild is right for me? - Fruityla - 06-02-2010, 12:09 AM