Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Taekwondo/StarGladiator/SoulLinker
GM-Ben
Unregistered

RE: Taekwondo/StarGladiator/SoulLinker

The npc itself doesnt make the class works Icon_wink Many feature are within the server files. The preview we are using at the moment does have taekwondo boy (but not star linker or soul gladiator), and taekwondo wasnt yet finished. Current SVN are a lot more advanced in theyre development so when well put a new svn into place, its likely that you will see the taekwon and theyre second job in the game. You just need a little more patience.

Ben
01-27-2006 04:29 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Balmung Offline
Knight of Midgar

Can you give me a time for taek? how many weeks?

And for the quest skill?
01-27-2006 04:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Balmung: It'll be when we decide to put some time into it, which may be soon or not so soon. Changing svn takes a bit of work you know and we do have other stuff on our ajenda.
Icon_wink

And there's always the crashing issue, we have to think about all the players.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-27-2006 04:52 PM
SPIEGEL Offline
Malvados Corp.

i hate my new skill T.T
Basilica, and now, "loose 1% and ress ur party ..."

so sad
U.u"

anyone knows, about the news skills for adv class?
like Mana Recharge, Gaibatein, Gravitation Field ...

Update ..
Mana Recharde
passive lv5, -20% in sp cost for all skills
><
4 new skills .. and just 2 are good, and just 1 work on woe ><

[Image: my.php?image=ddriori7iuqm8.gif] "No matter what happened, it's not my fault!"
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2006 12:35 PM by SPIEGEL.)
01-27-2006 05:43 PM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

I WOULD keep my client updated. I would, seriously. But when I run the autopatchers, for some reason, it decides to start with patches that came out over a year ago. O.o And no, I'm FAR from that out of date. But, when it comes to downloading stuff, my PC is slowwwww. And it likes to randomly reset it's connection. When it does that...that means the autopatcher starts back at square one. -.-;;

Ok, so then I figured, I'll just re-donwload the install files! Well, same thing happens with that. Connection will reset eventually (and with how big it is and downloading at 10 kb/s....it does happen without fail) anndddd I have to start back at square one. Also now I heard they made it harder to download stuff off of the official sites.

SO! In short, if you have a suggestion for how I can update. Lay it on me. Not all of us are not updated just because of laziness...
01-28-2006 01:58 AM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

Oh, sorry for the double post. But...on http://iro.ragnarokonline.com you can check out most of the skills. The newer high priest one is crazy. x.x;; Increases max SP and SP regen rate. As if they didn't have enough of that! Icon_razz

Although I was glad to see they buffed stalkers slightly. I've never played one(well, I don't count high-rates), but I have to admit- they bent over and got the shaft from Gravity. Hard.
01-28-2006 02:03 AM
Ryxingeir Offline
waffooo!!

I think it would be really nice to have the tk's implemented because from personal experience, i know they can be a very fun class (and i already have the gear stashed for one, lol)

As for the updates, it might work to upload the current kRO and skray to a download site like rapidshare, so that people could download it from there - just a thought - and i would be willing to try to set that up if it were approved.

[Image: so2vjd.png]

[Yuri - baby assassin]  [Coral Ways - high wizard]
01-28-2006 02:18 AM
Jubei Offline
Chairman

ditto, ive played a tk, and its a load of fun, and the soul linker abilities (to my knowledge) all work, except the star gladiator "union" (confirm if its true or not)

[Image: hl101.jpg]
01-28-2006 04:29 AM
Balmung Offline
Knight of Midgar

If by star gladiator 'union' you mean 'Soul of the Star Gladiator' yes it works, been for a month or so.

As for an idea on how to get the new client for everyone, I had an idea and was wondering if all of you would like it.

I could download the full client update (from RO site), patch it with 'Hero patcher' meaning i'd have the latest updates.

Then compress the folder into a zip and host it over bit torrent.

You see on bit torrent, you can download, and if your connection fail, you can then resume the transfer from where it last left, you can even leave your comp open with your connection that will deco/reco and BT will always try to reconnect once the connection has restarted. Meaning even those with bumpy connections would get to easyly download the file (even if it would take a bit more time).

Also, on BT, everyone download but upload in the same time, meaning that everyone could download at a good speed instead of 1k/s (because my max upload is 80k).

We could start sharing the fully updated client 2~3 weeks before applying the new classes, giving everyone time to update their client.

For someone downloading at 1k/s (assuming someone has a 1,4k/s modem) it would take 222 hours to download it, meaning around 10 days.

I doubt any of you have such low connection concidering you couldn't even play RO without lagging like hell.

Also for those who don't know, BitTorrent is a small program (around 3~4MB) which allow you to click on torrent link and download them. It basically is the same thing as clicking on a normal link, its just that the file is shared by many people instead of a single host. You click the link, a download window will open allowing you to resume from where you last left, if you want, you can close the download and continue it later in the same day.

What do you all think?

(On a side note, you don't have to 'share' on bit torrent, you can set your upload to 0, but it would be nice if those who have better connections would help me!, I understand those who download at 10k or less to not want to share upload.)
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2006 01:45 PM by Balmung.)
01-28-2006 01:43 PM
Sodo Offline
Lord of Vermillion

I was about to reccommend this, but there are flaws to it.

Some people are behind a firewall/router, and don't have the capability of opening the ports Bittorrent requires to run. I can provide links of port forwarding guides to everybody, but that would only be helping a small bit, as usually the passwords are changed.

EDIT:
Idea: do what XeRO did.
Make DVDs with the fully updated full-client, the most recent installers, and the most recent client installer, and sell them for $5, then just mail them wherever.

It's simple, effective, and your making money to go twards hosting the server.

I could help with this if necessary, I have a DVD burner and a bunch of DVDs, a GM who accepted money already would just have to tell me the address of somebody who payed.

Main IGNs:
Neniv [Elixir] - 9x Sin
Sodo - 7x Wizzy
[Image: style5,Sodo.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2006 02:03 PM by Sodo.)
01-28-2006 01:58 PM