Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Player Moderators. Important?
Pistis_Sophia Offline
Sexy ingame moderator

RE: ????New Player Moderators. Important?

Galt Wrote:
Pistis_Sophia Wrote:What are you talking about? I'm almost always online Whistle
Really? I've been here for almost one year now, and I've NEVER seen you online until you starting getting on about 2 months ago, and I didn't even know you at all from any time prior to that, either.

I didn't know you ether.
09-11-2009 05:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:????New Player Moderators. Important?

Pistis_Sophia Wrote:
The Lengendary Joe Wrote:While @jail would be a nice touch to a mod, people??can still flood main and spam from jail, unless they're muted, which just makes it more of a (oh,I can just go AFK and spam when i come back)

Of course you can say "oh it doesn't matter all I have to do is go AFK" even if it's for hours. Try being AFK for 99999 minutes
Icon_twisted
That's when they try to piss you off and tire you out by making spammer chars/accounts, And logging after they get muted, possibly deleting, and starting all over again with a novice to get muted. Hey, they don't even have to go through the hero Guardian to do that, their biggest kick is watching how you react.
09-11-2009 06:07 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE:??????New Player Moderators. Important?

Pistis_Sophia Wrote:
Galt Wrote:
Pistis_Sophia Wrote:What are you talking about? I'm almost always online Whistle
Really? I've been here for almost one year now, and I've NEVER seen you online until you starting getting on about 2 months ago, and I didn't even know you at all from any time prior to that, either.

I didn't know you ether.
Icon_suprised

I've been quite forum active. I wonder why. Icon_neutral

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
09-11-2009 06:12 PM
GT-Hiro Offline
Shadow Drifter

RE: ????New Player Moderators. Important?

The Legendary Joe Wrote:
Pistis_Sophia Wrote:
The Lengendary Joe Wrote:While @jail would be a nice touch to a mod, people??can still flood main and spam from jail, unless they're muted, which just makes it more of a (oh,I can just go AFK and spam when i come back)

Of course you can say "oh it doesn't matter all I have to do is go AFK" even if it's for hours. Try being AFK for 99999 minutes
Icon_twisted
That's when they??try to piss you off and tire you out by??making spammer chars/accounts, And logging after they get muted, possibly deleting, and??starting all over again with a novice to get muted.??Hey, they don't even have to go through the hero Guardian to do that, their biggest kick is watching how you react.
IP Ban hammer Icon_twisted

GT-BlackHiro, GT-WhiteHiro, GT-ShadowHiro, GT-Destiny

Quote:A Lost Soul drifting though the voids of Eternal
Darkness
09-11-2009 06:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pistis_Sophia Offline
Sexy ingame moderator

RE: ??????New Player Moderators. Important?

Galt Wrote:
Pistis_Sophia Wrote:
Galt Wrote:

I didn't know you ether.
Icon_suprised

I've been quite forum active. I wonder why. Icon_neutral
I didn't come the the forums when I started to play HeRO. It took me almost a year.
09-11-2009 07:44 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE: New Player Moderators. Important?

Nonetheless, I do believe it has come to finally choose some new moderators, though. Icon_neutral

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
09-11-2009 07:48 PM
Bloodbane Away
¤†Hero of old times†¤

The Problem is not the rules, nor the availability of the mods.Its the usual thinking of "Ha i can get away with it since the Gm here are soft" <--- (No Offense intended)
Solution: Create Public Fear and awareness that the GM and Mod Team are there to enforce the rules, via making punishments more severe.Just Like a kid that you wip with the belt and tell him what he did was bad, same logic applies to most players in the game.Also to the point that repeated offenders might get tired of the "rule enforcement" and leave server might be an even better outcome purging the "crap people that plague our community with their drama and trouble starting".

This is How i would force the rules on the community.
(and yes im a strict guild leader)

1rs warning: verbal warning then 5 Minute Mute.

2nd Warning : 30 Min Mute <--- seems rough but has to be done to enforce the rules and make sure they follow em.

3rd warning : Mute 30 Mins more and Jail for 2 Hours.

4th warning : Ban for 3 days On repeated instances of rule breaking.

This is how i would set up the rules, rather strict yes but effective and basically the gm team would never be looked down on and forced respect will be ensured.Since its human nature that man respects the stronger man. (or fear)

Never forget the old days.
[Image: screenheRO-Server124-1.jpg]

-~Proud husband, father, and the luckiest guy in the world.~-

Steam Profile
Youtube
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2009 07:59 PM by Bloodbane.)
09-11-2009 07:58 PM
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

Using fear is against my moral principal and education I get in my psychology classes. There are better ways, but telling them would break everything.

Enforcing the rule is something we aren't afraid of. Someone breaks rules, he pays the consequences. If that person dares to change character/account to whine more (and damn does it happen alot), lets jut say, it did NOT help.

If players are caught breaking a rule, to bad for them. If they think it's fun to play cat and mouse, fine, but reports DO come in in the tickets with screenshots as proof. Those name are kept in a list and on a next offense, it's dual-punishment with even more consequences.

heRO is a private server that you can play for free, it is not your right to play. If your attitude is not acceptable, we will use force.

There will be changes soon in the moderation "department". Furthermore, if you think you are a good candidate, you can always send me a PM with your info/resume like the GM application by changing "GM" into "Moderator". I will filter the PMs and those seemed worthy will be brought to the GM team.

PS: There are logs of your every actions, so if you whine about unfairness, we have proofs.

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
09-11-2009 10:04 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

How about...making an @main posting limit? What I mean is- make it to where a person can only post three times in a five minute period. That would ease up on spam, conversation, everything (maybe). If it was like that, S>, LFP>, LFG, and B> type things would be on @main longer, and not be bumped away because someone wants to talk their heart out, then tell the person that asks them to quit spamming so much talking to ONE person, only to be told to stfu etc (obviously, its happened to me..) When I started heRO(beginning of august I believe) @main was very quiet, leisurely, there were usually the same people on it, casual conversation at times, help, s> and b>, and it was all bearable. Occasionally someone would swear or something and be reminded of the rule (myself included the first time I did it lol), but other than that it was quite nice to have. Now- I keep it off..ALL the time- I cant even focus with it on during a training session or sitting around talking.

@main should go one of three ways-

1-dictatorship via Gm and mods (dont take that TOO literal lol)

2- off it altogether and therefore make prontera more laggy with more merchants, and people S> and B> etc...

3-Make it strict, or seperate @main into different chats for different things, and assign multiple mods and such to them to prevent abuse.

Other than that, im tired, aggravated, and possibly getting my butt to bed.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
09-12-2009 03:04 AM
Schnell Offline

RE:??New Player Moderators. Important?

takhara Wrote:How about...making an @main posting limit? What I mean is- make it to where a person can only post three times in a five minute period. That would ease up on spam, conversation, everything (maybe). If it was like that, S>, LFP>, LFG, and B> type things would be on @main longer,??and not be bumped away because someone wants to talk their heart out, then tell the person that asks them to quit spamming so much talking to ONE person, only to be told to stfu etc (obviously, its happened to me..) When I started heRO(beginning of august I believe) @main was very quiet, leisurely, there were usually the same people on it, casual conversation at times, help, s> and b>, and it was all bearable. Occasionally someone would swear or something and be reminded of the rule (myself included the first time I did it lol), but other than that it was quite nice to have. Now- I keep it off..ALL the time- I cant even focus with it on during a training session or sitting around talking.

@main should go one of three ways-

1-dictatorship via Gm and mods (dont take that TOO literal lol)

2- off it altogether and therefore make prontera more laggy with more merchants, and people S> and B> etc...

3-Make it strict, or seperate @main into different chats for different things, and assign multiple mods and such to them to prevent abuse.

Other than that, im tired, aggravated, and possibly getting my butt to bed.

Disagree. Sweat

It'll make extra work to the GMs.
Some people are happy chatting on main, so why limiting the fun?
Main is cool without post limit.

One simple answer: @main off

EDIT: We should get new mods. Laugh
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2009 08:01 AM by Schnell.)
09-12-2009 08:00 AM