Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
medical marijuana
Kari Nogashi Offline
Forum Dweller

RE: medical marijuana

im shocked but completly satisfied with the replys that have been brought up here. im glad you are all allowing me to guinea pig you. ill still keep my personal feelings about it to myself so as not to contaminate the control group that im using but i will thank you all for your input.
06-20-2010 10:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

@joe: well in Aceh marijuana is used in cooking as well as mixed with tea or coffee Ok

personally, although i can see how people may get delirious with ganja, as i mentioned above, i don't think ppl who smoke pot will get violent... silly thing is, people get violent all the time because of booze, yet it's more widely allowed... talk about societal double standards... Sweat

-w-
06-20-2010 10:52 PM
iTz ChaoZ Away
Old News

Intaking marijuana through food (cooked) is a heavier dose. You don't feel it immediately, but it hits a lot harder than just smoking it.

I don't mind doing it from time to time. Its not that bad, besides the fact it is illegal. You can carry up to a certain amount in most states though without getting sent to jail and or court.

Its not THAT bad to do. It really has no side effects for most people. Its 10x better than smoking a cigarette. Smoking 10 cigarettes is the equivalent of smoking 1 joint. Side effects for most of the general population. Happy, hungry, sleepy. Those are all very maintainable demands.

People think of it as a "drug". Cocaine is a drug people. If you have to do more than just roll it and burn it, its a drug. Cocaine, meth, pain killers, etc all have addictive qualities that trigger the endorphin's your brain to release heavier doses than normal into your blood stream which cause you to feel the sensation of the drugs. Your body creates natural endorphins, which triggers during lifting, running, traumatic events or injuries such as broken bones, aka, adrenaline.

The problem with cocaine is that with heavier doses, it makes your heart work at an unhealthy pace. Causing your blood vessels to expand and contract. The more you take, the harder your heart has to work on and off. Some who overdose die from heart attacks. Also it can explode blood vessels in the brain, even at low doses. Really any bleeding in the cerebral area can cause death.

But back on topic, marijuana is an absolutely harmless drug that should be legalized. It really has NO bad qualities to it at all.

(I had to do a paper on this subject, thats why I know too much Icon_razz)
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2010 05:17 AM by iTz ChaoZ.)
06-22-2010 05:16 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

although i condone the consumption of marijuana, i won't go so far as saying it has NO bad qualities at all...

there is always the case of residues from fertilizer, pesticide, etc. Then there's also the possibility of residues from the drying process (if it was done with the help of chems). There are multiple stages of handling in which the batch can become contaminated (even if it's in trace amounts, it's still contamination) - this is the reason i feel it should be legalized, because when you legalize something, you bring it to light, making it available to better scrutiny.

Furthermore, the inhalation of anything through a burning process is unhealthy. This also applies to simple everyday stuff like fried or smoked meats/fish etc. The easiest reason is that air is ~78% N2 which means on any given burning process there will be N. Elemental N is not entirely good for your body. Furthermore, low temp oxidation also tends to produce CO along with CO2. It goes without saying that both CO and CO2 is not that healthy to inhale...

Yes, even breathing your everyday air is not good for you to some extent. But it is a necessary evil on the road to achieve whatever it is you consider as your life's goal.

So no, it's not entirely healthy. But as i said before, it's LD50 is 10x higher than nicotine, meaning you would need to inhale/ingest 10x more THC (tetra hydro cannabinol, ganja's active substance) than nicotine to actually OD on it... ever heard of anyone ODing from nicotine?

didn't think so...

-w-
06-22-2010 08:46 AM
Sephiroth! Offline
One Winged Angel

RE:??medical marijuana

mahawirasd Wrote:I understand the constraints and the arguments against it, but personally i feel that marijuana should be a free drug due to its merits compared to other "pastimes"...

1. it is not a lethal drug. Overdosing on it would require inhuman effort... it's LD50 is even lower than nicotine! Oh My God

2. getting high on it makes you passive, while getting drunk on alcohol or adrenal-pumping drugs may make you physically aggressive. I know this first hand, i mean the only thing you want to do after smoking some weed would probably to eat and/or sleep... Sure you shouldn't drive, but it's the same thing as eating cold medication...

3. it's not addictive. I've used it. No withdrawals etc, no arrhythmia, no elevated blood pressure or adrenaline levels. I personally know people who have a harder time trying to quit cigs... they use ganja occasionally without ever being addicted to it. No rage when there's none etc...

again, i know that it should be consumed with moderation due to how it may lead you to a false level of comfort and render you less productive, but personally i feel that it's just a fun smoke every once in a while.

I believe that age is only slightly relevant to maturity, so imho putting an age limit on it is balderdash...

as for people who are indeed in pain, if it allows them allay those feelings, then i believe by all means they should be allowed access to it.

I don't live in the US, but looking at headlines and how the general culture is portrayed, i would say that ganja is the least dangerous substance there is. I mean those pharmaceutical drugs have proven to be more ruinous to people's lives than ganja... seriously looking at the history of ganja, cigs, and drug use (starting with opium and it's derivative), who wouldn't think that it's all these medical and tobacco MNC's doing?

all in all, if it improves your quality of life, then why not?
It goes without saying that it would be better to forgo all the above altogether, but compared to tobacco and alcohol, ganja is chemically proven to be less ruinous for you...

-w-

I 100% agree. The only reason why governments make such a deal of it and spend so much time spreading rumors is because they don't like the fact they don't receive any money for each sale. What I mean by that is tax. Our governments are so money hungry they do stuff like this and ban everything that isn't able to have tax on it then corrupt our minds into thinking its some other reasons. I live in the US and got on probation for possession when I had nothing on me. Just a lil bit on the floor of my car. Almost went to jail that night and you should have seen the cop search my car over and over to find nothing. Still ended up with a ticket and a court date.

If marijuana is so bad, why make a medical supplement for it? It's suppose to help now? Ok!?

Virkun- 98/69 Professor
Rhyzu- 93/50 Crusader
Arthion- 93/63 High Priest
Michael Jackson- 77/50 Bard
Stuntin'- 80/** Monk
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2010 09:20 AM by Sephiroth!.)
06-22-2010 09:19 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

imho you got it wrong. It was previously legal in the US.
IIRC Bayer made a huge booboo with opium, then some ppl started a crusade against ganja... now it's banned...

my point was: make it legal, then tax it...

why can't they just accept that it's not a gateway drug, it's not that toxic, and that legalizing-taxing-controlling it would actually reduce the amount of money they have to spend on reducing illicit trades and also allow them to get some money on the side from it...

-w-
06-22-2010 11:44 AM
Kari Nogashi Offline
Forum Dweller

>.> time to reveal my side on this subject. marijuana is infact less likely to ruin someones life/relationships then the comon beer. abuse of marijuana is as comon as abuse of food in the us anyways. for god sake the country has freaking food scarfing competitions. this country of mine abuses everything givin to them such is the case with clean water. you know that most countries dont have clean drinking water. we have water parks..... nuff said if marijuana does become a legally obtained substance there
06-22-2010 12:00 PM
Kari Nogashi Offline
Forum Dweller

will be those who abuse the living hell out of it. take them to jail. hile your at it grab up eminem jay z snoop dog ron white and lil wayne, these are people who have gone out of their ways to agitate the cause of marijuana legalization publicly in a negative way. but for god sake stop spending my fudging tax dollars on raiding pot heads houses if i wanted somone to burst through everyones door to colloct bongs i would've just called my brother. i dont need to pay to feed potheads in jail i dont need
06-22-2010 12:06 PM
Kari Nogashi Offline
Forum Dweller

police wasting all this time on guys selling pot while children are being raped in their own homes and killers and gang members roam the streets littering the side walks with blood and bullet casing. the american public are lazy and abusive and still the biggest concern we have are drug dealers... just pisses me right the hell off. if marijuana was used like nighquill then that would be fine but i cant trust people here to do that. but atleast legalize the damn plant so we can stop funding mexican druglords
06-22-2010 12:10 PM
Kari Nogashi Offline
Forum Dweller

sorry about the back to back posts i have only 512 characters in my cell before i have to repost.
06-22-2010 12:14 PM