Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Needs @refresh
Bangaa Offline
Bounty Hunter

RE:??Needs @refresh

Gankz Wrote:I've done numerous tests with it to see this "exploitation" in practice, but it never worked. Yes the client still thinks you're "Just logged on", but that's that. If you were to run into a mob of monsters or players and started spamming @refresh, you'd get your ass kicked while the screen was flashing black.
Played in a server where people could stack SBs with @refresh. According to a forum discussion there, you could cast 2 SBs in a second that way but people didn't do it so often because it's not really comfortable to spam @refresh, also it seems that it doesn't work in GvG. I don't know if there's a way to make a safe version of it, but I guess the regular @refresh is quite abusable in PvP and maybe in some PvM situations.

Ba'Gamnan - Clown
Migelo - Creator
Left to another server.
LOL heRO Battlegrounds. GLHF.
10-08-2010 01:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

RE: Needs @refresh

Tell me how you managed to do that, Navis, I also did it a long time ago, and yet had no such signs of ameliorations.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
10-08-2010 02:06 PM
Navis Offline
Lime in the Coconut

If by "long time ago" you mean another server, then it's possible your server didn't have Tcp Delay disabled, while HeRO does. As far as I know, the advantages only appear if Tcp Delay is disabled both client-side and server-side. This is all really just speculation, as I don't really know too much about running a server, and it's possible that I'm seeing it work only because I want to see it work (placebo effect?), when it's not really changing anything.

I do know that the TcpAckFrequency registry does work in lowering pings because I've had and used it when playing almost every other game and received lower pings to the game servers. However, although they're related, TcpAckFrequency and TcpNoDelay are different registries, and from what I have gathered, after adding the TcpNoDelay, my RO was slightly more responsive and smooth.
10-08-2010 05:21 PM
Former-GM-Salt Offline

The heRO server does not have that disabled. Disabling it would be a bad idea since when handling many connections it would put a much heavier load on the network stack processing all the extra packets, which could cause lag. The same could happen if most players disable it. There is a reason its enabled by default on every operating system.
10-08-2010 06:18 PM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

A long time ago meant some months ago, and I never played any other server besides the RMS one to fully test it.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
10-09-2010 06:48 AM