Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ban on Public Account Selling
Shikari Offline
Br?

RE: Ban on Public Account Selling

^ unfortunately this isn't a company nor are there assets (aside from the money saved up to pay for the host or to upgrade and such). There used to be this game I played that people actually made a business of selling characters: they'd have their main, completely geared char and within hours they could leech any other character to max on request to be sold. It's how most mmo's work, some people want to go through the trouble of making a character, others would rather buy it themselves.

Its unfair in a way, but hey, its just a game .-.

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
11-06-2010 08:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

RE:??Ban on Public Account Selling

azurerogue Wrote:Seriously, if that's a criteria you use to judge a server/game you'd never take any game/server seriously...ever.??Which is probably good, actually, since they're GAMES.

The people who buy the accounts? I generally don't take them seriously.

What would happen if the server died/wiped tomorrow (note: it won't, barring an invasion of fairies)? Major lulz ensues.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
11-06-2010 11:09 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Please also consider this from the GMs' point of view: is it honestly even possible to stop account selling? If people want to trade accounts under the table, GMs really can do nothing about it as GMs' powers are limited to ingame and forum only.

The most GMs can do is not to allow the public broadcast of announcing these sales publicly, which I guess is what the OP wants... but if people really want to sell them, they can do it under the table and it's pretty hard to detect and prevent.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
11-06-2010 11:37 AM
Bangaa Offline
Bounty Hunter

Just like botting, it's probably impossible to make people unable to bot, for every protection there's a way to program a bot to evade it. The GMs can look for bots and take bot reports from the community to ban them, but it's impossible to be sure they were all banned. However, if not all, I'm sure most of them are banned.

It is impossible to make people unable to trade accounts, however the ones who do it can probably be caught and banned if such rule is applied.

Ba'Gamnan - Clown
Migelo - Creator
Left to another server.
LOL heRO Battlegrounds. GLHF.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2010 01:45 PM by Bangaa.)
11-06-2010 12:47 PM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

Shikari, there is one asset. Reputation.
11-06-2010 03:28 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

Which doesnt get affected by people selling accs.

Just affects the new owners rep.

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
11-06-2010 03:53 PM
RoChickita Offline
Fluffy things are soft

I understand the concern but if the person spent months on the chars then he/she should be allowed to ask for money in return if he/she doesn't wanna play anymore. At least they can pay for a new hobby lol.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXX_NFn-pG-HH6B4nYvYe...yhUChJyYaI]
11-06-2010 04:45 PM
hexzerg Offline

I would vote aganist this. We should allow people to sell their hard work. Although I am a little bias because I was going to buy one.

[Image: anjjie7c.png]
11-06-2010 04:56 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE:??Ban on Public Account Selling

Snowhawk Wrote:In most major games that have this issue, it is illegal.??You also risk high personal info leaking.??That's why most games forbid it nowadays.??Some companies, Blizzard included, Ban accounts that have been sold or traded to protect company assets.??

Which is, to be honest, totally ridiculous. Gamer rights need to evolve in the immediate future. Digital assets should be respective property of those who PAY TO EARN THEM.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
11-06-2010 10:26 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

^True, but personally from perspective to try to keep server strong and going, allowing *public* selling of accounts for real money really gives an incentive for bored players to sell and quit, instead of just going inactive and return once there's new stuff to do (like content update and whatnot).

IMHO nothing "morally wrong" with account selling nor is it similar to botting type of unfairness at all, but I personally feel that it does encourage people to leave and really give them an incentive to do so...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
11-06-2010 10:35 PM