Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Error?
ToriTrufeld Offline

RE:??Error?

GM-Pandora Wrote:I think he means just checking and if it errors restart it.

Anyhow, did you patch heRO?

Oh, well, that is what I was doing LOL. I was at the computer the whole time it was patching and it didn't go to sleep or disconnect from the internet or anything like that, and I did restart it when errors happened but it seemed to restart from the beginning rather than from where it left off when it got the error.

Anyway, I did download the June update and ran that and patched heRO and it didn't seem to make any difference...
09-01-2008 07:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GT-Hiro Offline
Shadow Drifter

RE: Error?

Make sure you get both sakray and kRO. You also want to make sure there arent any other RO servers in the folder you'll be using for HeRO. ''

I personally have patches up through July's asch vacuum

GT-BlackHiro, GT-WhiteHiro, GT-ShadowHiro, GT-Destiny

Quote:A Lost Soul drifting though the voids of Eternal
Darkness
09-01-2008 08:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ToriTrufeld Offline

GT-Hiro Wrote:Make sure you get both sakray and kRO. You also want to make sure there arent any other RO servers in the folder you'll be using for HeRO. ''

I personally have patches up through July's asch vacuum

I've tried patching both Sakray and kRO. I'm trying kRO again at the moment but I'm not really expecting it to work. There's nothing other than the heRO stuff in the RO folder. What is July's asch vacuum? And where can I get it?
09-01-2008 10:26 PM
GT-Hiro Offline
Shadow Drifter

Patchs for Sakray and kRO that I have have are dated up to July. Thats what I mean and those are the files I use. Those files are from the asch vacuum episode. To get them, you have to be patched up to episode 13(avalible since june) then run the patcher for sakray and kRO.

Please keep us informed on if it works or not.

Darkness
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2008 10:42 PM by GT-Hiro.)
09-01-2008 10:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LockeTrufeld Offline

I did a little research myself regarding this issue, and I've heard something about Ragnarok Online's patchers phails in that it can't handle really big files or something. Files over a certain file size or something...

The file that I'm having trouble downloading is...
2007-10-17 ... err... something.BGM or something. Always get an error there and closes out and what not there. @_@ So I don't have any of the patches from around October last year... but I'm still able to play on heRO, might I add. o_o;

Edit: 2007-10-17BGM.rgz - 15482880/49417... Aw fudge. Window died.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2008 10:57 PM by LockeTrufeld.)
09-01-2008 10:47 PM
GT-Hiro Offline
Shadow Drifter

I do believe there are BGM downloads somewhere, I personally haven't checked since I have like 3 copies of RO to get files from XD

Darkness
09-01-2008 11:48 PM
ToriTrufeld Offline

Tenshi Wrote:It looks like a Windows error more than an RO/heRO error.

It might be trying to read from a bad sector.

If it's a Windows error, would there be any way of fixing it? I actually wondered if it was my computer and not RO, since lately my computer seems to be giving me problems with games. In fact, when I got the errors from RO, I seriously started considering buying a new computer, and I'm not convinced that I shouldn't do that yet.
09-02-2008 03:27 AM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

The problem with the official RO patchers, is that they have a really annoyng download bug, after they download too many stuff, it just crashes, thats why i always Manually patch my kRO-Sakray. I highly recomend just dwnloading the Full heRO installer.
09-02-2008 04:14 AM
Former-GM-Vanadis Offline

Quote:Edit: 2007-10-17BGM.rgz

Since it's trying to update such an old file you're better of downloading a more up to date installer for kRO & Sakray.
09-02-2008 08:03 AM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

Instead of downloading the entire new Sakray, you can always try to update it using alternative methods, listed here: Alternative methods
09-02-2008 10:22 AM