Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need some anime recommendations...
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE:????Need some anime recommendations...

Avalon_Fates Wrote:
ROCKFISH Wrote:
Avalon_Fates Wrote:On a side note Fate Stay Night the visual novel is just..Epic...in every way.

The visual novel does have some very interesting scenarios though im not sure if it's for everyone...he did say he was 18 thoughNo1

Those dam Hentai scenes made the game worst. I was glad when they removed them in the updated version for the ps2.

"Quickly have sex or we are all gonna die" Its just to Fan-serviceness to be allowed to live I think, dont worry they fixed it in the anime.

Awww...they did? *Crosses it off list*Mad
01-27-2009 08:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Need some anime recommendations...

Let me know if you liked Bebop, it's not my favorite anime, but it's what I found most fitting with what you wanted.

Kanon and clannad which Ayu desperately wants anyone to watch, is not really that close to what you said you liked.

Death Note is over famed, but I think it's worth watching (fame isn't bad), it has a rich story and interesting characters.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-27-2009 08:24 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

So CB may or may not be better then TrigunIcon_questionIcon_exclaim Kidding of course, hopefully it is, I hope that every anime I see is better then the one before it (damn near impossible, but it could happenIcon_wink ).

Just got to get this week over with and I can finally watch some of the animes you guys listed!
01-27-2009 09:31 PM
Wallee Offline

-Serial Experiment Lain(If you want your head to be all messed up )

-Gunslinger girl( Short anime less than 20 episodes with lots fo guns and lots of blood)

-Gantz( another bloody weird anime yet real interesting )

-Genshiken( story of a boy who become an otaku in a school group, Hilarious)

-Beck( easily in my top 5, Story of a boy who find himself entering a poprock music Band 26 episode of extrem satisfaction)
PS: the music in it is awsome.

-Initial D( you probably know that one School boy who become a street racer with his AE86 car)

-Eyeshield 21( Long anime yet pretty Light to watch about american footbal)

- Overdrive(some boys who become a bicycle racer interesting anime)

-Akagi(majong player XD its a fun anime)

-Hikaru No Go( Young boy who start playing go)

-Suzuka(Top 5 for me school romance)

-Kimi ga Nozomu Eien(School romance, Im a guy and I cryed... TOP 5)

-Last Exile( 26 episode of awsomeness this ANIME IS A MUSTY TO WATCH NUMBER 1 in top 5)

Thats about it for now Icon_razz
01-27-2009 09:32 PM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

So because the Anime makes sense you crossed it off the list..your a weird fellow.

Gunslinger Girl is 13 Episodes I think, but it was granted permission for a second series which is in production or finished now.

Genshiken is about a Otaku Club, so if your not a Otaku might be a bit hard to understand at times *Like Lucky Star*

Last Exile was good, not the best ive ever seen but had good themes and storyline progress.. Steam Powered Air Battle Ships..Crazyness.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
01-28-2009 04:57 AM
Riverl Offline
Poring knight :3

Quote:"Quickly have sex or we are all gonna die" Its just to Fan-serviceness to be allowed to live I think, dont worry they fixed it in the anime.
Awww...they did? *Crosses it off list*
nah nah nah, at least that has more base (in some ancient beliefs) than the "eat my hand miss dragon"
But there's only like, 6 scenes of that for the whole game, and you can skip over em, don't cross it off so quick
despite that, I dont recommend the anime, go read the visual novel would be a better course of action now that there's a translation patch

A few anime recommendations:
If you are into 3D show and nice action sequel, .Hack GU triology and MS Gundam Igloo would be nice

For good laugh couple with mech action, I recommend FMP, FMP: Fumoffu and FMP the Second Raid. Vandread is also a nice series if you can manage to find it, pretty old. GunXSword for western style mech showdowns. Tengen Toppa is almost a must for some super robot flavor.

For serious mecha or drama/mecha: Gundam (UC classic, Seed, Wing: Endless Waltz, GGundam, X-Gundam, avoid Gundam Wing the series if you hate long wind talk from cool boys and yaoi fan girl bait), Hoshi no Koe (Not exactly mecha, but its mecha fighting scenes are outstanding while the drama was quite good, the whole thing was done by only on person on a single comp to boost), Fafner Dead Agressor/Right of Left (despite what people said, its not an EVA clone), Macross Zero/Frontier, Code Geass ( I hate the ending), EVA, Mugen no Ryvius, Eureka 7

Comedy or cute anime: Keroro Gunso, Inukami, Kannagi, I-my-me Strawberry Eggs, Great Teacher Onizuka, Mahoraba Heartful days, Maburaho, Midori no Hibi, Seto no Hanayome, Penguin Musume, Nagasarete Airantou, Sister Princess, Ichigo Mashimaro, Minamike, Nodame Cantabile, Rozen Maiden/Overture/Traumend, Samurai Champloo, Furikuri-FLCL, Clannad, Kanon, Suzumiya Haruhi, Ouran High school Host Club, Zetsubo Sensei, Lucky Star etc (that's about all that came to my mind for the moment, although I'm sure there's many more anime worth watching in this category)

Weird mech anime: Reideen (it has a down to Earth OP with a girl running around, but mecha contents - slow paces for a mecha anime, even for super ones), Gravion/Gravion Zwei (despite its poor review and a bit extreme fan service, I enjoyed it, so I'm putting it in weird category)

Action: S.C.R.Y.E.D, Hellsing Ultimate (series of Movies, not the TV one), Get Backer, etc (that's about all that came to my mind for the moment, although I'm sure there's many more anime worth watching in this category)

Drama: Beyond the Clouds, Byoushoku 5cm, Chrno Crusade, FMA, Genshiken, Graves of the Fire flies (that's about all that came to my mind for the moment, although I'm sure there's many more anime worth watching in this category)

[Image: 02bwaeu8.png]
Poring obsessed knight 87/54
Poring dancing on a stick 72/??
All hail da porings X3
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2009 05:56 AM by Riverl.)
01-28-2009 05:45 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE:??Need some anime recommendations...

Avalon_Fates Wrote:So because the Anime makes sense you crossed it off the list..your a weird fellow.

...yes...?Thinking

Of course not, I'll end up watching it, but wow, I totally didnt expect there to be this many good animes. I might have to end up making some cutsIcon_sad
01-28-2009 06:21 AM
Wallee Offline

Oh yeah , Forgot Eureka 7 in my top 5 Icon_razz

Another good one I just remembered would be Samurai 7

Walle top 5
1-Last Exile
2-Beck
3-Eureka 7
4- Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien(Yes seriously that shit made me cry ...)
5-Suzuka( 26 episode which ended way too fast )
01-28-2009 06:26 AM
ROCKFISH Offline

RE:??Need some anime recommendations...

Avalon_Fates Wrote:Gunslinger Girl is 13 Episodes I think, but it was granted permission for a second series which is in production or finished now.
Yea I think it did have13 episodesThinking... though the second series was Gunslinger Girl II Teatrino but I don't believe it was well received as the first one and from what I saw it didn't feel the same. Also I remember it being very hard to find subs for it after a group dropped the project.

Riverl Wrote:nah nah nah, at least that has more base (in some ancient beliefs) than the "eat my hand miss dragon"
But there's only like, 6 scenes of that for the whole game, and you can skip over em, don't cross it off so quick
despite that, I dont recommend the anime, go read the visual novel would be a better course of action now that there's a translation patch
I wouldn't say dismiss the anime, not everyone enjoys reading through that much story. Also, I personally really enjoyed the anime and that's what lead me to giving the visual novel a read.(to know what happened in the other scenarios) The anime also really captured the ending in my opinion so I think the shows worth watching even if its just for that.

Not in cruelty,
Not in wrath,
The Reaper came today;
An angel visited
this gray path,
And took the cube away.

A doctor cures people.
A medic makes them more comfortable. While they die.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samael - 9x/6x Assassin Cross
MattyF - 8x/50 Fail Monk
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2009 08:30 AM by ROCKFISH.)
01-28-2009 08:16 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

just because someone recommend it, it doesn't necessarily fit your flavor and taste though... someone recommended Gantz here. Last time i watched it in an anime conference, I actually fell asleep on the table and the person in charge have to wake me up after lights are on.

It was *that* bad for me.

01-28-2009 08:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply