Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Team PvP Rules Discussion
conch Offline
1 ea

RE: Team PvP Rules Discussion

y so srs ;-;

no skill restrictions pls D: i reckon that's why skills were made in order to use, exploitation (not the illegal kind) depending on the user's will to do so Icon_smile

so i still thinking potion pitcher level 4 should be allowed (counting merely as a greater heal) along with slim pp (uber heal), basilica, play dead and all those 'unfair' skills. It isn't a one-on-one thing, so i'm guessing it's hard for those skills to be overpowered in that sense.

¥[Image: w1z2h5.png]¥
04-07-2009 02:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Astroboi Away

My opinion, and few suggestions that weren't brought up yet, to spice it up and make genuine skilled players shine:

-Forbid Trick Dead and Basilica. If all you can do is hoping to force a draw, you do not belong in a PvP tournament.

-Either 4vs4, 5vs5 or 6vs6. 3 is too low for good RO fights (though still 10 times better than 2vs2 and 100 times better than 1vs1), and higher than 7 is too hard to gather.

-Has to be held on an adequate, closed map. Not too cramped (read: NOT TOH PVP) nor too large (pvp1), can't think of a good one atm.

-No prebuffs. Both teams are killed and the fight starts as soon as they're raised. This opens up a few more options, whether you want to zerg rush the opposite team or take time to do some buffing is up to you.

-Restricting all?/some? MVP/Miniboss? cards. Mostly referring to cards that give an unfair advantage agaisnt certain classes (GTB, Angeling, Deviling, Ghostring). "But why? These can easily be countered! You're just jealous! blah blah blah!" The point is: this isn't your regular PvP, ToH or Woe. Like I first said, this should be a tournament where skills and knowledge prevail, this is what we (competitors and spectators alike) want to show and see: brilliant playing; not whoever's the luckiest, has been playing the longest or has the most friends to borrow stuff from.

-Forbid all custom equips. No matter how much you argue how balanced they are, some of them just arent, no 2x card effect BS plz. Overall same reason as above.
04-07-2009 08:54 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Not banning certain equipment be it custom or official. Once you start the first example of a GM sponsored event that starts limitation on those things, everyone cites that as an example to push for the path that they want, mostly the GTB.

Item and/or skill limitations I'm fine with, but equipments/cards that one I'll say "no" right now.

(Noble triggered pvp tourney are exceptional of course... they get to call most of the shots afterall. If they want to ban certain equip, that's their choice.)

04-07-2009 12:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

RE:??Team PvP Rules Discussion

conch Wrote:y so srs ;-;

no skill restrictions pls D: i reckon that's why skills were made in order to use, exploitation (not the illegal kind) depending on the user's will to do so Icon_smile

so i still thinking potion pitcher level 4 should be allowed (counting merely as a greater heal) along with slim pp (uber heal), basilica, play dead and all those 'unfair' skills. It isn't a one-on-one thing, so i'm guessing it's hard for those skills to be overpowered in that sense.

Do you think its fair to have this strong healable infinetly ressurecting unit to fight for you all the time?
04-07-2009 03:29 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

Astroboi Wrote:My opinion, and few suggestions that weren't brought up yet, to spice it up and make genuine skilled players shine:

-Forbid Trick Dead and Basilica. If all you can do is hoping to force a draw, you do not belong in a PvP tournament.

-Either 4vs4, 5vs5 or 6vs6. 3 is too low for good RO fights (though still 10 times better than 2vs2 and 100 times better than 1vs1), and higher than 7 is too hard to gather.

-Has to be held on an adequate, closed map. Not too cramped (read: NOT TOH PVP) nor too large (pvp1), can't think of a good one atm.

-No prebuffs. Both teams are killed and the fight starts as soon as they're raised. This opens up a few more options, whether you want to zerg rush the opposite team or take time to do some buffing is up to you.

-Restricting all?/some? MVP/Miniboss? cards. Mostly referring to cards that give an unfair advantage agaisnt certain classes (GTB, Angeling, Deviling, Ghostring). "But why? These can easily be countered! You're just jealous! blah blah blah!" The point is: this isn't your regular PvP, ToH or Woe. Like I first said, this should be a tournament where skills and knowledge prevail, this is what we (competitors and spectators alike) want to show and see: brilliant playing; not whoever's the luckiest, has been playing the longest or has the most friends to borrow stuff from.

-Forbid all custom equips. No matter how much you argue how balanced they are, some of them just arent, no 2x card effect BS plz. Overall same reason as above.

i like except the restricting thing for 2 reasons. everyone earns their shit and if you have a gtb its cuz you worked hard for it. everyone's gear is essentially earned anyway. choosing certain things to restrict is far too subjective. "unfair advantage against certain classes" means the advantage evens out in a team pvp. gtb is obviously a double edged sword, you can be picked off quick as hell without a cranial.

but i didnt need to say that cuz ayu shut that idea down right away Icon_biggrin

i do agree with banning hero customs though. GMs will sob at this but its very plain to see they can be easily overpowered. server with unbalanced customs ftl.

i agree with conch against kretz.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2009 07:03 PM by teOx.)
04-07-2009 06:59 PM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

RE: ??Team PvP Rules Discussion

teOx Wrote:i agree with conch against kretz.

I honestly forgot it was Team PvP where the homunculous support is not so broken.

Although, banning all Custom gears is really hard imo.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2009 07:22 PM by Kretzer.)
04-07-2009 07:21 PM
Astroboi Away

So... any new development in this? At this point I don't really care about the rules anymore, I'm just looking forward to something being done. I had high hopes for pvp events when I first saw Nara and Mass hanging in pvp room a lot, but it seems they don't have the power to do so. Icon_sad
05-06-2009 05:17 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

Rules failzor, everybody suicide rush!

(Translation: I like the Zerk (Zerg?!) Rush idea.)

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2009 05:40 PM by Motenai_Ronin.)
05-06-2009 05:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

I have a dream, of a heRO where some day you'll see things like this on Main:

N> High Priest for PvP Party.

or

N> Stalker for PvP Party.

If PvP were ever so regularly popular that we had people forming (even small) teams for it I would be so happy.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
05-06-2009 05:41 PM
Braun Offline
PvP

azurerogue Wrote:I have a dream, of a heRO where some day you'll see things like this on Main:

N> High Priest for PvP Party.

or

N> Stalker for PvP Party.

If PvP were ever so regularly popular that we had people forming (even small) teams for it I would be so happy.??
Planning to team on people and recruiting... Thinking

Usually someone starts a party and they invite their friends.

Braun - Lord Knight
Bofo Bautista - Sniper
Carlos Salcido - Crusader
05-06-2009 06:01 PM