Don't care 8.33% 7 8.33%
Total 84 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE
Yubel Offline

RE: Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE

i say keep it as is....well i havent woed yet ill make a vote once i do and see how it goes Mad

[Image: Judai.jpg]
11-28-2007 07:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Raccoon Offline

So, heres my thoughts on the issue-

Fish are something custom to the server, and I dont want to insult anyone for the hard work put into it.

Short of an Asura monk, I will be unstoppable with these fish when I get to SinX.

I know everyone here has server pride, and thats awesome. The many people that mention Yggs being disabled on another server arent trying to infringe on that, or treat you like you are not as good.

I was on that other server for the time that Yggs were allowed, and fighting was dominated by the bigger guilds who held the castles.

Because of the ease of that, it was found to be imbalancing because the only guilds to have them to distribute were the big guilds in the high commerce castles.

I see the same thing in the fishing spot, though its less centralized. Instead, anyone can go and do this and use their time for an easy fix of money and cards. Fine. Not argueing that here.

WoE is intended to be a test of skill, and yeah, fish give different amounts of aid to different people. High VIT/HP characters are damn near unkillable because of it, for as long as they last.

When the items were disabled ( IN WOE ), a lot of peoples current strategies were changed. But they adapted, and the better ones rose to the top. Instead of a solo asura champion, there was more strategy, and overall, 10x better fights because of it.

WoE here will not compare here with fish. Period. In EDP I will survive, and there wont be anything anyone can do.

I understand people want to keep fish because its unique to the server. But it also makes WoE a joke at the same time.

I think many people would be satisfied if fish were disabled during WoE for a month or so, as a trial of how it will affect the fighting.

And to those that argue about the people who dont WoE- Its two hours a week, if they cant disable it for the castle maps. If it can be disabled on castle maps, that is what I would suggest.

1 Month, as a trial?
11-29-2007 12:48 AM
Snapplewee Offline
¥Snapple¥

I really don't think that you'll be unstoppable.

I have a sin-x and I can be stopped. All classes can be stopped.

I think that most (not all) of this complaining about fishes are from people who don't use them, and are too lazy to go fish them.

Yeah, the good guilds are people who use fish a lot, but hey, we're good and we use fish. You take away our fish and we'll abuse pots or something else, you won't be solving much.

ALSO

Go fish instead of whine.
11-29-2007 08:50 PM
Mondt Offline

"abuse pots or something else"

The point isn't that "Oh no you're healing while I'm trying to kill you!" it's "Oh no you're healing completely or very fast while I'm trying to kill you, except this is available to anyone due to 'mining for fish'. Not only that, but it takes significantly less time and effort to get fish than to get the money/supplies/etc. to get whites/ranked whites/etc."

*shrug*

And "go fish instead of whine" really does not put forth anything into the discussion. Snide comments never do, actually.
11-29-2007 09:39 PM
silvanel Offline
Banned

Mondt Wrote:"abuse pots or something else"

The point isn't that "Oh no you're healing while I'm trying to kill you!" it's "Oh no you're healing completely or very fast while I'm trying to kill you, except this is available to anyone due to 'mining for fish'. Not only that, but it takes significantly less time and effort to get fish than to get the money/supplies/etc. to get whites/ranked whites/etc."

*shrug*

And "go fish instead of whine" really does not put forth anything into the discussion. Snide comments never do, actually.

-O.O since when is it easier to get fish more than whites? Im pretty sure that anyone can get 30k whites before they get 30k salmons.

-You know whats gonna happen If you remove fishes? Guilds with creators will probably end up at the top. yay, condesnsed white pot healing for the win.
11-30-2007 12:39 AM
Asumi Offline
Fallen Angel

Why is it that everyone always has to find something to argue about? My 2 bits is that fish/pots are available to EVERYONE. Nobody gets shafted at all. I find your Emp breaker argument invalid. Everyone has the same chance to get everything in this game. My argument is semi-linked with the MVP card argument. EVERYONE can get EVERYTHING. We all have an equal chance at this. IMO, quit whining.

Edit: Sorry for the redundancy, but maybe we can peaceably just play and have fun maybe?

Edit:Edit: Redundancy again -_-

[Image: Asumi_Sig.jpg]

[Image: voteherobanner1kb.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2007 12:46 AM by Asumi.)
11-30-2007 12:45 AM
wussypuff Offline
dancin' like a MONKEY!!!!!!!!

i have about 3k of each kind of fish in my kafra.

i can do next to NOTHING in woe, i have no VIT, and yet with fish in my cart if i spam my fish it's very hard to kill me.

which i find stupid. i'm an alchemist. i should be squishy. i still see them as highly unbalanced.

[Image: Gardenfishing2.jpg]
11-30-2007 12:54 AM
silvanel Offline
Banned

Asumi Wrote:Why is it that everyone always has to find something to argue about? My 2 bits is that fish/pots are available to EVERYONE. Nobody gets shafted at all. I find your Emp breaker argument invalid. Everyone has the same chance to get everything in this game. My argument is semi-linked with the MVP card argument. EVERYONE can get EVERYTHING. We all have an equal chance at this. IMO, quit whining.

Edit: Sorry for the redundancy, but maybe we can peaceably just play and have fun maybe?

Edit:Edit: Redundancy again -_-

yippe +1
11-30-2007 12:56 AM
Asumi Offline
Fallen Angel

Well I for one find alchemists quite the opposite. I've been tanked by an alchy/creator. They aren't very squishy from my experience.
Silv <3 thankees

[Image: Asumi_Sig.jpg]

[Image: voteherobanner1kb.gif]
11-30-2007 01:14 AM
wussypuff Offline
dancin' like a MONKEY!!!!!!!!

if they're in vit build or their final AD build then no, they shouldn't be squishy

if they're in leveling fireblend build? you better believe they're squishy.

[Image: Gardenfishing2.jpg]
11-30-2007 02:00 AM