Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestion regarding Super Novice
Wallee Offline

RE: Suggestion regarding Super Novice

OMG my first big wall of text !

Little Sara Wrote:How much do you pay your Link-slave to remove the death penalty that is 99% sure to happen?

That's why Guildies exist, to lend help for a soul link or any other stuff.

Little Sara Wrote:I wonder why they aren't more...maybe because the bonus is lost in 95% of cases, and the 5% who don't lose it don't risk their bonus, making themselves useless. How fun a dilemma.

If you cant lvl or pvp without your +10 then dont waste your time lvling a SN.

Wallee Wrote:- SN cant use staff of piercing.

Little Sara Wrote:Even when Soul Linked?

Staff of Piercing is'nt a lvl 4 weapon.

Little Sara Wrote:But until they get there they could as well paint a bit target "kill me" on themselves, with 500 base HP at 98 plus VIT, max of ~1000. Pupa is a nice 700, but it doesn't count as base HP afterwards.

At 99, the base becomes a more comfortable 2500 base, could potentially reach 5000 with 100 VIT, and with some gear, *maybe 6-7k*. I doubt that a Super Novice would go full VIT though.

This isn't enough to survive any mid-end dungeon, not even high-end, with certainty. Forget Thanatos, Pyramids/Sphinx might kill you. Sure, certain other classes have similar max HP (or not that much more), but if they die, no big deal to them. Any MVP is very likely to kill you, without even trying to. Most deal 2-3k a hit normal attack

Succubus Wings/Alarm angel reincarnation. 2x fabre Hypno staff. and you have 3k hp at 75.
succubus wings/Matyr novice shoes/30-40 vit at 99 and you have about 6.5k hp.
ps: Supernovice has one of the best dmg reduction set of gear in the game. Be wise and use it.
ps2: My 99 sn does Necro, Abyss, Anubis,

I mvp Garm/Moonlight/edga/phree/and some other .

Wallee Wrote:-Adding this with the way you want it for pvp would completly kill those surviving in pvp with their +10 stats using it.

Little Sara Wrote:Well, it isn't me saying it is hax, you know. I'm going by what everyone seems to think of it, that OMG, keeping the bonus is too much. But somehow allowing it in pvp is just fine
Keeping it at all time is hax, managing??to keep it isnt.

Little Sara Wrote:How would you go about beating Moonlight Flower? She casts multiple bolts, two at a time on same target. SW and Pneuma don't prevent this as far as I know. Also Moonlight + 4 or 5 Ninetails would down a SW pretty fast, and it cant be recast on same cell. She would normal-hit for enough to nearly one-shot you, and I'm not even taking Mammo into account. Even 300 flee isn't enough with her mob alive
Mdef? and dmg reduction, not like her bolt hurts... What about all those tanker geting protection card like Kalitzburg/alice etc... just cause your a supernovice doesnt mean you cant equip and use those aswell. you can easily survive a lot of monster if your well geared even as a supernovice.

Little Sara Wrote:Those are all instances where, lacking a big party, you are 99% sure to die. If in a party, well, nothing different than Wizards MVPing - as in, nothing special

Instant and 300 more magic attack ,Buff/pneuma/heal.

Little Sara Wrote:a) Get a Soul Linker to restore it (which could take hours if its more than 1-2 deaths)

1-2-50 death wont change it.
The soul link has simply 1 % to recet your (whole) death count to 0.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2009 05:09 AM by Wallee.)
05-21-2009 05:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Little Sara Offline

Inconvenients:

-To reach decent HP, you have to seek it, like having 3-4 HP equips and 30-40 VIT, at 99.

-Limited in equipment, especially for melee.

-You stand to always lose the bonus if lag, a disconnection, a server reboot that happens unexpectedly, a Dead or Bloody Branch on top of you, people who can one-shot you in pvp occurs.

-Re: SL: Your guildies must really love you, Cheesecake can't find a guild.

-Your SP pool is very limited.
(and yes I know, you can take Cart and Increase Weight and just bring loads of SP items, though that's 15 skill points just to keep up with your SP)

-No aoe save Fire Ball and Thunder Storm (the latter being pretty costly). Both 5x5 aoes.

-No specific distinguishing class skills. Profs have Memorize and can double-bolt, it's unique to them.

-Cast delay on bolt is 2.8 seconds. Even with instant.

Advantages:

-Can attain instant cast with only self-buffs (no food or other things).

-Significantly more matk.

-Novice equipments (requiring lv 40) can be bought, slotted - allowing for easy high-refines. Super Novice Hat[1] is the exception, but its such a frequent drop.

-Baby Wings are relatively easy to make, give +2 all stats as SN and +10 mdef as well as 10 def. Though they are not slotted. Much easier to acquire than 4th or 5th generation TOH wings though.

-Can't exactly bring all element resist to 50+%, but you have a free 20% all except neutral, and 10% neutral.

----------------------

Side Note: Technically Holy Light is the best skill to bring to instant, even if its efficiency SP vs Damage leaves to be desired, it has absolutely 0 cast delay. Even without Soul Link.

On iRO, I saw a Priest (not reborn) Holy Light Drake to Death, he was with another priest who seemed to be there just to Holy Light too. He didn't have instant, but his cast delay was non-existent.

Drake scares me personally. I brought a lv 103 TaeKwon Ranker, with Water armor, to kill a DBed Drake in Ant Hell 1 entrance. And he managed to kill me 3 times with his WaterBall 10 and I used Ygg seeds the whole time. I had 15,000 HP. And this is a TK who could MVP Incantation Samurai in 20-25 seconds or less (depends if my hits connected when he powered up).

Little Sara 87/50 Assassin
PM me if you want to contact me, will more likely be replying than in-game (not always on Assassin).

[Image: 73962.jpg]
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2009 05:46 AM by Little Sara.)
05-21-2009 05:44 AM
Little Sara Offline

Quote:1-2-50 death wont change it.
The soul link has simply 1 % to recet your (whole) death count to 0.

I didn't know that, I heard at first that it was "reduce death count by 1", maybe it was that and later changed, or a mistranslation.

If this is indeed true, then I remove the suggestion idea.

PS: I'm aware I've double-posted, I wanted to put in evidence the line above, that if this truly occurs, then my suggestion is not needed.

Quote:OMG my first big wall of text !

Fun for someone named Wallee Icon_razz

PM me if you want to contact me, will more likely be replying than in-game (not always on Assassin).

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2009 05:52 AM by Little Sara.)
05-21-2009 05:50 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE:??Suggestion regarding Super Novice

Frogboy Wrote:anyway, i notice you just like to argue, so for the sake of decency i'm not gonna debate back on this.

*Points above, agrees with whole sentence*
What is with all these suggestions about SN anyway, why not the other classes, jeeze give the SL capability to use Esma in pvp while we're at it, they're useless as just a Linking Whore ;O;

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-21-2009 08:36 AM
Cheesecake Offline
The Tasty Trap

SL Are already hax enough as it is. Full damage reflect, instant resurrect and a bunch of other self buffs. Their crit capeability along with not being hit is unmatched. Throw a phen in the equation and you have someone limited by only their SP.

Little Sara Wrote:-No specific distinguishing class skills. Profs have Memorize and can double-bolt, it's unique to them.

The trick to the fact that SN have no distinguishing skills is to make your own.

Also, the bonus I believe was thrown in to counter the HP value in the long run to help with training. The bonus recover with SL was put in to retrieve it in case you lose it in some unfortunate circumstance.

Little Sara Wrote:-Re: SL: Your guildies must really love you, Cheesecake can't find a guild.

Proudly booted out of 3 guilds for my class. I'm the perfect example of class-bias. RO should contain no "Novelty" classes. Even babies arn't limited as much as super novices, in the end, but thats why there are so few, and the few there are work hard to be as good as they are.

Myself, Machi and MoTT work hard to defend SN pride, but there is only so much we can defend. SN are a great class, they have their limitations and an idiot using one certainly stands no chance in any sittuation. HeRO has 9 9x SN. Although I was the third or so so reach 8x unfortunately I'l be taking 10th to reach 9x as a prize since I left for such a long time. Now compare that to the 82 9x Assassin Cross or the 20 Lv 99 SinX and you'll see class preferance.

People who want a challenge, and want to test the game to its very brink of difficulty can chose SN. They are without a doubt the hardest class to level. You try surviving long with 600 HP, 99 int 88 dex and no defense, without a party.

[Image: 35iqbyd.png]
Cheesecake 93/99 SuperNovice | Hell 7x/4x Hybrid Hunter
Milkshake 7x/4x Knight | Lein 7x/4x Priest | Mystia 8x/5x Monk

05-21-2009 11:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

lol are you mage build cheese? if so, are you even using thunder storm? if not, why not? you could easily finish leveling on anolians by mobbing them, especially if you have the full angelic set which will boost you to roughly 2k hp, which with your defense will keep you alive long enough to heal if you get hit, also with your int that high you'll be regaining your sp fast enough while you're mobbing up the anolians.

so what if there's cast delay on skills? if you're mobbing then cast delay doesn't matter because you're gonna be moving around to avoid death from aggro monsters.

anyway, as much as i enjoy playing as mage SN i've opted for melee SN, more for the challenge of it, not that there's much challenge to begin with.
05-21-2009 12:20 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Quote:Proudly booted out of 3 guilds for my class. I'm the perfect example of class-bias. RO should contain no "Novelty" classes. Even babies arn't limited as much as super novices, in the end, but thats why there are so few, and the few there are work hard to be as good as they are.

LOL, join a social guild, SN is the novelty class at its best because that's the design of them. There is nothing wrong with this in the least, that is what makes them unique out of all the classes in RO.

There are other classes with little use, Gunslinger has it 10x worse than you when it comes to finding a use in parties. Icon_razz

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-21-2009 12:25 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Allow me to jump in with an overdue comment...??you said it would take hours to get your bonus back if it's more than 1-2 deaths...??the SN Link has a % chance to RESET the death counter (meaning procing it once erases all deaths, iirc)

Quote:Super Novices above Job Lv. 70 have a 1% chance to 'erase' the death record. A Super Novice above job level 70 who has an empty death record receives a bonus +10 to all stats. This can be achieved by simply spamming the link over and over, you do not have to log out or wait for the previous link to cancel. When it happens, the Super Novice Angel will appear and the +10 bonus stats will appear. You DO NOT regain any lost exp.

So, no, not hours...??more like a few minutes using the healer and spamming a skill.??Shouldn't be that big of a deal, really.

EDIT:
Quote:Proudly booted out of 3 guilds for my class. I'm the perfect example of class-bias. RO should contain no "Novelty" classes. Even babies arn't limited as much as super novices, in the end, but thats why there are so few, and the few there are work hard to be as good as they are.

It's not class bias.??It's normal people acknowledging that some classes are less useful in some situations than others.??If you join a WoE active guild as a SN, you'll most likely not last long.??SNs were introduced as a novelty class (a "for-fun" class).??As much as you say no class should be a novelty class, you chose to play one that was introduced with exactly that in mind... so whose fault is that???Get over it, enjoy your class, and play it like it was made to be played.??If you don't like it, make a new character your main.??

EDIT2:
Quote:People who want a challenge, and want to test the game to its very brink of difficulty can chose SN. They are without a doubt the hardest class to level. You try surviving long with 600 HP, 99 int 88 dex and no defense, without a party.

Perma-novice Evil

Also, if you play this class to "test the game to its very brink" then stop trying to make it better.??Play it like normal and enjoy the challenge.??

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2009 12:49 PM by azurerogue.)
05-21-2009 12:37 PM
Little Sara Offline

Any Priest or High Priest with near-instant Holy Light who could demonstrate how deadly it is against undead or weak-to-holy mobs? Even with just 130 dex, that's 86.6% cast reduction. Meaning your cast is reduced from 2 seconds to 0.27 second. Same speed as Fire Wall, minus the cast delay.

05-21-2009 02:31 PM
JJJ Offline
JJJ

uhhh wait so the super novices don't have the +10 all stats if no death?

its an official gravity made feature.... its also hard to obtain however the soul link removes the death record...

PS: is that what you guys are talking about? or are you talking about something else? XD

[Image: SignatureVersion22.png][Image: Liffinished-1-1.png]
I Love To Help So If You Ever Need Something Feel Free To PM Me ^_^
05-21-2009 06:22 PM