Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Change the Length of Sunday WoE
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Change the Length of Sunday WoE

Oh, I've been skimming this thread from the start. I can't say aye or nay because well, I think everyone has good points Icon_razz

So, Ideas, well thought out please, are welcome to help us make WOE more happening and more active. We're not intending to do anything fast or tomorrow so don't expect to see changes right away. We'll make a list of good points and ideas and we'll do a brain storm with what you bring out.

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
08-17-2009 05:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Flip a coin.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
08-17-2009 06:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

I could do that, flip a coin for woe choices :D

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
08-17-2009 07:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

to be honest i think Zack's and Ayu's point about WOE times affecting even non-WOE people to be very true. Not all people in guilds who WOE participate in the event (i myself am one, 'cept for that one odd time i was in alde castle for a bit), and yet i still gain some benefits from it being a WOE guild, namely guild dungeon access. People can actually camp MvPs and mini bosses much nicer and faster there. And since the svn update you should realize how good guild dungeon drops have become... (man, perhaps i should start hunting guild dungeons... Evil )

Then there's those who fish and/or make pots and sell them to those who WOE. WOE can easily be the most resource-intensive event in RO in general, and even in HeRO healer prices are doubled at WOE times. So Fate's comment easily captures the gist of the issue; the boredom, the wastage, and everything else that is WOE is there to test guilds and players to see who/which is really worthy in holding a castle. If you can't be bothered to sit around defending even though the enemy(s) never seems to come around, then just leave that castle and go hunt some MvPs or something, i hear Garm is free...
If you don't feel on wasting tons of money to CT people or tons of fish/pots or tons of EDP or tons of zerk pots or tons of money to heal or tons of bgems to SW and warp or tons of traps or tons fo AD bombs, then go waste them on monsters, no one is forcing you to WOE...

a test of endurance, especially to endure boredom, is a necessity to get anything good in RO. Those who hunted their gears and cards should know this, so why should it be different for those who aspire to WOE?

furthermore, it all pays off in the end doesn't it? treasure drops, guild dungeon access, fame, etc...
if you deem the rewards are not good enough compared to your sacrifices, then perhaps WOE is not for you...

-w-
08-17-2009 10:00 PM
kyocatme Offline

RE:??Change the Length of Sunday WoE

ZackFireblade Wrote:*considers this*

Hmm...less time in WoE = less time for me to sell potions...

my Wednesday WoE sales tend to be pretty low, too..

hmmm...

*finishes considering*

...I am adamantly AGAINST this.??Sorry Amara

P.S..??and I think my WoE shops are proof that WoE affects non-WoEers Icon_razz

Quote:Damn, that seems like a big number to decrease the time of WoE. imo, Woe should be longer. Both Woe's 2 hours. More fun.

Add another woe the fridays :O! -recieves a bribe-

Well, now seriously, if its true that usually sunday woe's first hour have a low intensity it's usually way more intense than wensday. It have been like that for a long time.

Another little thing. Woe is one of the biggest reasons cuz the zenny flux is like that right now. The amount of fishies, bgs and pots used in woe in 1 single hour of woe will dramaticly reduce the zenny movements in the server (some people reaaaaally abuse fishes in woe).

At last. If you want a castle, work it a bit. It's natural that if you want to keep a castle for a few weeks in a streak must require hardcore effort in a real competitive woe server. Why give less time to woe? If you want to brag about keep a castle for weeks endure it. ;D

PD: If that 1 hour woe idea prevails, the next war of huge walls of text will be about what hour it will be. The first or the second one? ;3 (oh lala! The flame war)
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2009 11:26 PM by kyocatme.)
08-17-2009 11:24 PM