• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Change the Length of Sunday WoE
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

RE: Change the Length of Sunday WoE

O.o NE always attacks Payon.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
08-10-2009 12:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Not always.
Last couple of weeks when I actually had RO access, they were in Pront.
One Sunday, a single NEer walked into Payon and took the castle, because no one else was in it.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
08-10-2009 12:46 PM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

RE:??Change the Length of Sunday WoE

Nidsrule Wrote:
Amara Wrote:What do you guys think about changing Sunday WoE length to an hour?

I personally would like to see this done.??I think the competition would be more steady and fierce if it was compacted into an hour, like Wednesday's.??I also think more people would show up since it wasn't a two hour long ordeal where most of the first half was nothing happening anyway.??I'm curious as to why there's a two hour WoE in the first place.??Is there a real reason for it???Anyway, just a suggestion I'd like to hear other people's opinions on.

2 hour WoE originated on officials. It was never designed to be only 1 hour long.

I don't see how shortening it is going to make competition more fierce. People have 2 hours to turn up to WoE and if they only want to WoE for an hour then they are free to turn up an hour late (or leave an hour early, w/e). The only people it "inconveniences" are those that are defending and that's just something you have to deal with.

The suggestion of reopening geffen seems like a bit of a step backwards in terms of igniting fiercer competition. If anything, closing another castle (or even reducing it to 1) would result in a more interesting experience. Doubt it will ever happen, but it would be a lot more interesting.

I agree with Nids over Amara on this one.
Just think about WoE When Pay,Geffen,Pront and Alde were opened. I didn't really pay attention (I don't remember) Alde's history, but with Geffen all it was, was a guild staying there defending against attacks from either guilds that failed to attack pront or pay. And then it was Guilds defending against one lone breaker (lol Kadar) and him/her breaking the castle.

In Summary, if Opening geffen bad idea from history because it doesn't give guilds an opportunity to really get better in skill of defending/offense, but it does allow them to farm some gear and now that isn't totally worthless due to the new drops.

But if you want something different, you need to do something that hasn't happened before, and that would really demonstrate guilds power to control the playing field.

Having One Castle Forces Every guild to compete in a real WoE. And its good, that we have a guild that has a Good Defense, because that means it won't be back and forth all day (just maybe up to 5 times)

If new guilds need practice, they should experience the real thing not a dumbed down version.
BUT imo new guilds should start off with alde, and then move up. Thats what I see nontrans WoE of being the beginning of steps and the other castles WoE being the end.

We should make a poll also about this before Panda gets back about this.

For example, like ellie(lolnonwoe) said with Payon being empty. She was right, everyone was in prontera and it was pretty sick having all of those guilds in one castle it felt like a real WoE.

But on a side if you really want to change it up with one castle, I think that one castle should be a WoE 2 one. Because I don't really know how behe feels about sitting on the precast all day, but WoE 2 is way more complicated for just a regular precast like WoE.

And with one castle, it will be more than 3 guilds competing against eachother.

If you want something different, shortening a sunday WoE wouldn't make much of a difference as far as intensity and fun goes.

Even though some time 2 hours of WoE means 1 hour of Preparation, thats the guilds choice on what to spend there time on.

Its like some guilds would want to finish killing a mvp in the first Hour of WoE and then actually go to WoE the second hour. That is what the guild decides to do, because they want to use the WoE time as a reminder/meeting point. If some guildls to do that, thats their own business . We shouldn't decide to Shorten WoE to two hours just because a guild wants to do their own thing.

And as far as a new guild goes, Advice- Go to WoE when your ready if your not ready, don't woe that day.

Different isn't time, its gameplay.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
08-10-2009 03:17 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I feel this way, you are confusing half the player base by having two different WoE amount of times. I feel it either hasta be both be TWO hours or both be ONE hour.

Its stupid its setup the way it is. I personally am in favor of one hour WoE myself for both days but reasons were already stated in this topic. If both go to two hours so be it I'll deal...

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-10-2009 03:42 PM
KrazeEKrakker Offline
~ P . L . R . ~

+1 to one hour sunday woes.

Poll pl0x.
08-10-2009 04:12 PM
Proxyt Offline
The King

@People who keep referring to past situations regarding more castles...

You can learn from the past but because yesterday I found 10 dollars on the ground does not mean I will again today and tomorrow.
Times change. heRO has hit a 400 player base, there are new guilds forming and new players who want to WoE. Just because WoE used to be empty due to more castles doesn't mean it will now. It might still be, but maybe not. I don't necessarily support more castles, I'm neutral, but I notice your argument is fallicious so find a better argument for not opening more castles.

@1hr WoE
I support changing it to 1 hr for both Sunday, and keeping it 1 hr for Wednesday.

[Image: willowsig.png]

Proxyt- 95 Powpow Palaladin
AleithionP - 92 Knight of War
VerityP - 5x Super Service Novice
08-10-2009 06:06 PM
conch Offline
1 ea

i kinda dont agree with this request since attackers should get a fair amount of time to try and break the opponent's emperium for decreasing economy. A 1 hour woe is merely making it easy for people, especially the defenders since they'd only have to defend for half the time they usually did, and for guilds who fail to get a castle in the end cause they'd waste less time and resources.

I know it's painful and tiring sumtyms x.x but it's sorta important to consider that we're talking about god items and lotsa neat drops here, and that effort is really a must Icon_wink

¥[Image: w1z2h5.png]¥
08-10-2009 07:47 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Proxyt Wrote:@People who keep referring to past situations regarding more castles...

You can learn from the past but because yesterday I found 10 dollars on the ground does not mean I will again today and tomorrow.
Times change. heRO has hit a 400 player base, there are new guilds forming and new players who want to WoE. Just because WoE used to be empty due to more castles doesn't mean it will now. It might still be, but maybe not. I don't necessarily support more castles, I'm neutral, but I notice your argument is fallicious so find a better argument for not opening more castles.

You mean like the fact the half the time, some of the castles still are empty, anyway? =P

Inasad
stop doing dickers
08-10-2009 07:59 PM
Ardney Wolf Offline
Eccentric Old Guy

RE:?? Change the Length of Sunday WoE

Ellie Wrote:You mean like the fact the half the time, some of the castles still are empty, anyway? =P
You obviously haven't been to a WoE recently. there are no empty castles.

Wednesday is in the middle of the week and many people are going to have school or work. Sunday is a day that most people are going to have off work or school and should (in theory) therefore have more time to WoE. It makes sense to allow more time for WoE on Sunday and less on Wednesday.

I am against changing the current WoE length. Yes it makes defending harder, but that's how it should be. If we assume Sunday is the time when most people are going to be free for WoE, then it makes sense to give everyone a longer chance to flex their muscles and do their thing.

As far as being forced to use resources...um..yeah..it's WAR. You need a good supply chain to keep yourself entrenched or to take out someone's entrenched positions. If you're not willing to invest in the risk of WoE then you arent' entitled to the rewards of a castle.

And as for adding a WoE 2 castle..eh...it's not going to go down like you think it will >.>. WoE 2 guards are VERY different and I don't think many people here are ready to face the entrance portal massacre that is WoE 2.0. If you're complaining about using resources now, wait till you getting 2-shotted by guardians (1-shotted if you aren't a tank class) with a layer of traps and SG stacked behind it, or trying to break down barriers with an entire guild casting over it onto you. Sweat

That's my 2z

[edit]To clarify, I'm not against WoE 2. I just think it's not quite going to be what people expect. Also, didn't the GMs say that at present we can't do 2.0 due to tech reasons?

Ardney - 99/70 Paladin
Objection!
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2009 08:49 PM by Ardney Wolf.)
08-10-2009 08:41 PM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

RE:?? Change the Length of Sunday WoE

Ellie Wrote:
Proxyt Wrote:@People who keep referring to past situations regarding more castles...

Times change. heRO has hit a 400 player base, there are new guilds forming??and new players who want to WoE. Just because WoE used to be empty due to more castles doesn't mean it will now. It might still be, but maybe not. I don't necessarily support more castles, I'm neutral, but I notice your argument is fallicious so find a better argument for not opening more castles.

You mean like the fact the half the time, some of the castles still are empty, anyway? =P

You made no sense.

Times do Change, New guilds are forming (lol non woe social) but you think that opening castles will help them? That Owning their own castle without a REAL fight. We don't have the population for all these castles, that doesn't make WoE it BREAKS it.

People are leaving, right now because they want a Bigger WoE. Do you think opening castles in WoE will make that happen? All of the guilds in pronts castle was amazing, you had to actually battle to get to the emp room. THat is what WoE is supposed to be not I run into castle, I go to pre emp, I pop in, see if theres traps, scope their defense. Then I rush in and I try to take it.

That isn't a real WoE. Thats watered down

Its supposed to be a battle to even get to the emp.

If you want a real WoE a real challenge and something different is one castle, and WoE 2.

I want be mad, if I don't see that, but I guarantee you if you open more castles, more people will leave.

If New guilds arn't ready for WoE they shouldn't WoE atm.

ON TOpic though

One hour WoE's are way 2 fast, and like nids said the official is 2 hours for length. Wensday WoE's go by so fast its wrong, and some of the biggest battles they happen both on sunday and wensdays. WoE shouldn't be a quick battle of 3-4 guilds. It should be a huge battle with everyone. If its one hour, and two castles on top of that, its going to be a quick battle of 3-4 guilds while the other guild runs to the pre emp, over and over again trying to take the castle. ANd then their castle will get taken at the last minute because all this time they were facing one threat, all that work, and their castle gets ninja'd.

Sometimes for example this Sunday that doesn't happen. But it happened that wensday, that sunday before, that wensday before...hope you get it.

More Castles for a low pop doesn't give us a better WoE. It doesn't let guilds get better if they're not facing the real thing even if they lose.

I would vote no for 1 hour sunday woe's and thats my reason.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
08-10-2009 09:07 PM