Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Change the Length of Sunday WoE
ShadowValentine Offline
Spero Dum Spiro.

RE: Change the Length of Sunday WoE

I agree with Street and Ardney. Two hour WoEs is fun, let's you warm up and have fun. And I also agree with what they're saying.

Søren Kierkegaard Wrote:And when the hourglass has run out, the hourglass of temporality, when the noise of secular life has grown silent and its restlessness or ineffectual activism has come to an end, when everything around you is still, as it is in eternity, then eternity asks you and every individual in these millions and millions about only one thing: whether you have lived in despair or not.
08-10-2009 11:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Proxyt Offline
The King

RE: ?? Change the Length of Sunday WoE

Yuriohs Wrote:
Ellie Wrote:
Proxyt Wrote:@People who keep referring to past situations regarding more castles...

You can learn from the past but because yesterday I found 10 dollars on the ground does not mean I will again today and tomorrow.
Times change. heRO has hit a 400 player base, there are new guilds forming??and new players who want to WoE. Just because WoE used to be empty due to more castles doesn't mean it will now. It might still be, but maybe not. I don't necessarily support more castles, I'm neutral, but I notice your argument is fallicious so find a better argument for not opening more castles.

You mean like the fact the half the time, some of the castles still are empty, anyway? =P

You made no sense.

Times do Change, New guilds are forming (lol non woe social) but you think that opening castles will help them? That Owning their own castle without a REAL fight. We don't have the population for all these castles, that doesn't make WoE it BREAKS it.

People are leaving, right now because they want a Bigger WoE. Do you think opening castles in WoE will make that happen? All of the guilds in pronts castle was amazing, you had to actually battle to get to the emp room. THat is what WoE is supposed to be not I run into castle, I go to pre emp, I pop in, see if theres traps, scope their defense. Then I rush in and I try to take it.

That isn't a real WoE. Thats watered down

Its supposed to be a battle to even get to the emp.

If you want a real WoE a real challenge and something different is one castle, and WoE 2.

I want be mad, if I don't see that, but I guarantee you if you open more castles, more people will leave.

If New guilds arn't ready for WoE they shouldn't WoE atm.

ON TOpic though

One hour WoE's are way 2 fast, and like nids said the official is 2 hours for length. Wensday WoE's go by so fast its wrong, and some of the biggest battles they happen both on sunday and wensdays. WoE shouldn't be a quick battle of 3-4 guilds. It should be a huge battle with everyone. If its one hour, and two castles on top of that, its going to be a quick battle of 3-4 guilds while the other guild runs to the pre emp, over and over again trying to take the castle. ANd then their castle will get taken??at the last minute because all this time they were facing one threat, all that work, and their castle gets ninja'd.

Sometimes for example this Sunday that doesn't happen. But it happened that wensday, that sunday before, that wensday before...hope you get it.

More Castles for a low pop doesn't give us a better WoE. It doesn't let guilds get better if they're not facing the real thing even if they lose.

I would vote no for 1 hour sunday woe's and thats my reason.

Excuse me, I made perfect sense.
I did not support opening more castles as I already stated before, but I do think they have a good argument.

I wasn't here when Geffen was open, but when it was what was the population? 200? We have 400 now. And myself along with a lot of active WoE players have joined since then.

I joined a strong older guild Bamboo Squad so I don't have a problem in WoE, however there are new active guilds with people who want to WoE, that simply cannot take down the old guilds like Behemoth and LoA for example who are full of 9x trans with great gears like GR. The argument for opening more castles is that there are more people than there were before so we should increase open castles as pop increases. It makes sense.

Personally I am not sure if all the new players are ready yet, a lot of the time the WoE's aren't as packed as you'd hope, which is why I already stated I was neutral in the opening castles argument. I know I'm one of the newer players that is ready to play competitively in WoE after performing well in both non-trans and trans WoE before.

As for the 2 hr thing...
What's the point of being there for 2 hours if the only thing that matters is the 2nd hour?
The argument I heard was "give everyone a chance to flex their muscles" and "because officials have 2 hrs"

Well it's fun to compare to official servers but to be honest we are a private server with 400 pop including vendors. And 1 hour is long enough to flex the muscles, it's enough for 5+ prepped/buffed charges through the castle, which should be enough to take it if you were ever going to.

I believe it'll that making WoE more compact into that 1 hr will make WoE more exciting as guilds will actually be on for the full hour instead of logging in the 2nd hour, while the first hour WoE is pretty empty- people will need to learn time management and breaking according to the clock, proper organization skills would be more necessary than random charging ins. If we had a 2k population I'd be all down for a 2 hour WoE, as in the entire 2 hours guilds would be fighting, but as we are the first hour sucks.
It's not "completely empty", just the defenders are sitting around doing nothing most of the time for the first hour.

"Oh it sucks for defenders, it's the defenders job to sit around for 1 hr in WoE doing nothing." No it isn't, WoE is supposed to be more active than that. Defenders are supposed to feel pressure from early attacks before they have a chance to set up defences and get the loki's veil and whatnot going on. But we don't. The first hour of WoE is a waste of my and others' time. I know I have 2 hrs on the weekend to waste, but I also know people who do not have as much free time as I, but would love to attend the full WoE.

[Image: willowsig.png]

Proxyt- 95 Powpow Palaladin
AleithionP - 92 Knight of War
VerityP - 5x Super Service Novice
08-11-2009 12:34 AM
Ardney Wolf Offline
Eccentric Old Guy

That's part of the burden of defense though and, IMO, is part and parcel of the WoE experience. When you do not have a castle, you have the luxury of that extra hour to level or whatever, but then, you don't have a castle, either.

When you own a castle, it's a different game then when you are trying to capture. When you are attempting to capture with nothing to lose, all you are concerned about is sniping at the last minute. Anything earlier is just giving yourself room to get in and work your way past defenses.

When you own a castle, you need to be prepared for a siege, each and every time WoE starts. You no longer have the luxury of wasting time or taking ti slow at the beginning of WoE, but then, you also have a castle and all the rewards that go with it.

By forcing castle owners to defend for a full 2 hours it's testing their teamwork, commitment, and mental stamina. If they want to keep their castle and econ in tact, they need to play their A-game the whole time. Opportunities to resupply are rare during a harried defense so this makes advanced preparation more of a factor. This can also be used to the attacker's advantage. If they're smart they will press the attack throughout the entire time WoE is active in the hopes that the enemy defense will break down due to attrition or mistakes made under pressure.

By shortening WoE, you remove a good deal of pressure from the defenders. You mention that there are few attacks during the 1st hour. That generally is not my experience during WoE, particularly recently, but it does happen on occasion. That doesn't indicate a problem with the system. It indicates a lack of preparation or determination on the part of the aggressors, or perhaps just a lack of attendance. The solution to those issues is not to shorten WoE.

Castles should be tough to capture and difficult to keep. Keep the times as they are.

Ardney - 99/70 Paladin
Objection!
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2009 01:11 AM by Ardney Wolf.)
08-11-2009 01:08 AM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

RE:???? Change the Length of Sunday WoE

Quoting gets stupid and long after a while so here it is
Proxy,

LoA+DD arn't chuck full of GR's.
Hell no, just because 3 of us have some doesn't mean the the other 20 counting alliances do.

I'm going to give a good example of Revenga. They were a new guild on the block a few months back. Look at them now and they don't all have hax gears and their not all trans. They came along way and they did it by working hard and together.

All WoE will be if you turn sunday down to two hours is a shortened version of what it is now. Nothing will change.

Reason why? Because all your doing is changing a time Wensday WoE's and Sunday WoE's are similar in that way because the same thing always happens each WoE.

Behe/Apoc vs DD/LoA in pront if either fails they go for payon.

And changing a time will do nothing to change that. All it will be is wensday WoE on a sunday.

And I don't' see how newer guilds would having a chance in a shortened Woe anyway, because if one of the guilds that are battling in pront aren't doing so hot they can just go to payon for a bit and keep the defense up there.

WoE is War, not a skirmish.

Ardney I agree with what your saying 2.

I haven't personally experienced WoE 2, but i've looked up videos on it. I know that if WoE 2 vids pop up, that the Increased Soil Cards are going to be worth alot more, and that it will take more planning and strategy's to really do WoE 2.

But yea like I said I won't be mad if WoE 2 isn't here, but shortening it would just make defending alot easier (I wonder lol)

And @ Ellie,

You have to participate in a WoE before knowing what happens. It would be like a football player telling a basketball player how to do something.

The only empty WoE Castle is alde right now, but I still say if you want something new and different Close all, and Open one with WoE 2, or just open one with WoE 1.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
08-11-2009 01:09 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Big walls of text.
Don't need to open another castle, and this is probably a huge surprise coming from a guild leader who has one of those newer guilds.

Sure it MIGHT mean more chances for NE to have castle...but it means more that NE's ENEMIES also have more chance for it. With alliances having to actually work together it matters more who owns the castle and you can feel there is at least maybe a small penalty to alliance to a big guild. Alliances can't access GD and with new drops there that's something to think about.

Honestly I see more downfalls opening another castle not because of population so much, but because of other things that are going on in the server's woe scene at this moment along with its probable long road future.

All I ask for is consistency in my playtime in WoE.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-11-2009 01:46 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

This is about WoE time so keep it at WoE time. Save castle number talk elsewhere.

And can we drop those "non-woers lolzor" comments and attitude as if it's some new inferior race in the human gene pool. Every part of the game does affect everyone. WoE does affect non-woer. A prime example being, all mvps are almost never camped for the 2 hours on Sunday. It's the *best* time to try to find Garm. Non PvP, pure PvM-ers are affected by WoE length indirectly in this fashion, and there's other scenarios too I'm sure.

08-11-2009 01:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

RE:??Change the Length of Sunday WoE

GM-Ayu Wrote:This is about WoE time so keep it at WoE time. Save castle number talk elsewhere.

And can we drop those "non-woers lolzor" comments and attitude as if it's some new inferior race in the human gene pool. Every part of the game does affect everyone. WoE does affect non-woer (the prime thing being, all mvps are almost never camped for the 2 hours on sunday for example. It's the *best* time to try to find Garm.)

So the Outcome of a WoE affects someone who doesn't WoE?
No it doesn't.

But I see what your saying as in Time wise, to where WoE affects people that don't WoE because a mvp will most likely be up.

But Ellie didn't talk about that, she said something that wasn't true and she wouldn't have said that if she knew( if she woe'd)

I say Non WoE people because people who say something about WoE, who want changes shouldn't say anything because they don't do it.

How is it, that Non WoE people can comment on something they don't do . Ellie can't magically know who's in a castle if she isn't in there, she can't predict what happens in a castle without being in one.

I don't talk down to non WoE people, but how can they talk about something they don't do? It makes no sense even if they WoE'd somewhere else did they WoE here? Did they face the precast here? Did they face the champs here?

MvP's being up affect people that don't WoE only in the sense of time but not in a sense of drops, how WoE is played how to improve it.

No Non WoE people should stay sitting in pront talking and not get on that subject.

And Ellie said nothing about time, only about a castle being empty. That castle might have been empty for a few mins, but that doesn't mean its empty for that WoE.

Sorry Ayu, for getting off topic in terms of castles and everything else, but People who don't WoE and try to say something about how its played or how its being played should sit down.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
08-11-2009 02:28 AM
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

Ardney summed it up perfectly.

Honestly though, why is this only being recognized as an issue now, considering heRO has had woe for a bit under 4 years?

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
08-11-2009 04:15 AM
ZackFireblade Offline

*considers this*

Hmm...less time in WoE = less time for me to sell potions...

my Wednesday WoE sales tend to be pretty low, too..

hmmm...

*finishes considering*

...I am adamantly AGAINST this.??Sorry Amara

P.S.. and I think my WoE shops are proof that WoE affects non-WoEers Icon_razz

HibikiTheAlchemist:  9x/5x Biochemist
~~Rose:  99 Lif (First homunc on heRO to evolve!)
Hibiki:  95/50 Brewer alt
Rogue Skye: 91/50 Dagger Rogue/Farming alt
Blueberry Poring: 8x Monk
Arrow Chucker: 7x Bard
Shotgun Sinner: 7x Shotgun/Launcher Gunslinger
Rapid Fire Redemption: 7x Revolver/Gatling Gunslinger
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2009 04:07 PM by ZackFireblade.)
08-14-2009 04:04 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Too bad I have WoEd here then, huh?

Inasad
stop doing dickers
08-14-2009 04:17 PM