Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are SG worth it anymore?
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE: Are SG worth it anymore?

Icon_wink

Doubt that will happen anytime soon. But yeah, looks like Odins is my only option now.

*EDIT* Was wondering, when SG were nerfed, was there ever an option give to have their maps reset?

Also, does the /doridori method of resetting maps even work on this server?

And one last question, is there any other way of resetting maps besides sitting in pront for hours spamming awayQuestion Mark.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2009 03:44 AM by Kulluminatii.)
09-20-2009 12:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Mass Offline
Banned

Yes it works, no there isn't another way.

@Ayu - Maybe send the SGs to Anubis... /gg
09-20-2009 12:12 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Glad it works, any idea on what the official "chance" of it working is? I know that once your in this certain mode when sitting next to another TK-Class, you have to spam /doridori once every 10 seconds. I've heard there is a 0.01, a .1, a .03 chance...are any of these numbers correct?
09-20-2009 04:18 PM
Lysander Offline

I have a 95/50 SG and he is pretty ok. That is about all I can say about him, if you want to have a really good character put some more in and trans something. I really don't think that a SG can compete with a well made trans character, well when he isnt on his maps.

That being said, I leveled him on Anubis! It was pretty fun and I got to level some friends.

I would very much be in favor of a map reset NPC, but I doubt that we will ever have one for whatever reason.

Thomas Covenant - Hunter
Lysander - Star Gladiator
Vann + Sheepy Sheep - Alchemist and homunculus
Marneus - Bard
09-20-2009 04:42 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Yeah, maybe like a million to reset each map, and then 200k or so each reset after that. I'd even be happy to pay more, since I don't plan on resetting my maps after this.

Also, what feeling did you use at nubis, lvl 3?
09-20-2009 04:54 PM
Lysander Offline

yes sir! lv 3, STELLAR. It was STELLAR .. haha get it? GET IT?! *ahem*
It was kind of a pain, the whole every 5 days thing, but I had other characters to play with.

Thomas Covenant - Hunter
Lysander - Star Gladiator
Vann + Sheepy Sheep - Alchemist and homunculus
Marneus - Bard
09-20-2009 05:03 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Icon_wink
Now that I think of it, Gravity made a serious design flaw with SG. Now with the New World and everything, older SGs got screwed over once they set all their maps. I mean, I guess you could argue that spamming /doridori is their fix, but having only a .01% chance(which I believe is the rate on iRO) on something that is basically what makes a SG...is pretty flawed in my book.
09-20-2009 05:09 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

aw come now, you played a GS...
i don't recall ever hearing you complain about a GS being worthless...

and i happen to know a friend from Indonesia who uses an SG and he does really good damage in Odins even with moderate STR...

pvm wise SGs imho could easily hold the throne as the best physical damage dealer of the extended variety...

-w-
09-21-2009 06:33 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Seriously? I'm fairly sure I've stated they are close to worthless a few times Icon_wink. Unfortunately it took me getting to 99 to realize it Laugh. Sure, they do amazing AOE DPS via desperado...but thats pretty much it. I don't know of any other ranged class that has to get that close to another person to do decent damage. In a one vs one environment, Full Buster will only kill people who are extremely ill equipped...and if you cant, that 3 sec delay will likely get you killed. I guess I'm slightly better off against 2nd job, but rarely does anyone compare a second class to extended.

A larger hp/sp modifier would be nice for the class. At 78 vit I have 8037 hp, 63 int I have 750sp. Vit I am fairly ok with, however, the sp cost of most of my skills still shred through that 750sp with ease.

Knowing Gravity won't ever "fix" GS, I'd be happy with a [4] slotted gun...but will that ever happen? Not likely.

With that being said, I don't regret getting to 99 on my GS. I love the class even with all its faults, its simply fun to play. Nothing quite like hopping into a pvp room with 8 or so people, sitting together and being friendly...and then you come along and spam desperado and take out most if not all of them before you die No1.

Now SG, they aren't worthless...haha, definitely not worthless. Im just saying, they weren't really designed to be all that "future proof". Must admit its pretty fun spamming /doridori for the .03% chance every 10 seconds. Its kind of like hunting a card, except that your doing it to be able to get further use out of??your classSweat. Im going to give myself a week, if I cant successfully get this card...err...get a map reset by spamming /doridori, then I guess I have to remake my SG.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2009 09:37 AM by Kulluminatii.)
09-21-2009 09:32 AM