Poll: For those potential hatter cards, I suggest...
This poll is closed.
Both Anubis Card and Hillwind Card should be hatter 23.53% 16 23.53%
Anubis Card should be hatter, but not Hillwind Card 11.76% 8 11.76%
Hillwind Card should be hatter, but not Anubis Card 13.24% 9 13.24%
None of these cards should be hatter 47.06% 32 47.06%
No opinion / Doesn't care 4.41% 3 4.41%
Total 68 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hatter NPC Update
Shikari Offline
Br?

RE: Hatter NPC Update

-cough- I use high orc card <.<...

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
09-21-2009 02:13 PM
Find all posts by this user
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

Except for Autocasts purposes ... it have barely no use.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
09-21-2009 03:49 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE:??Hatter NPC Update

Fyrus Carmin Wrote:Neither of those should be Hatter, I think enough reasons have been said above to justify it.
I am surprised no one mentionned High Orc Card though ...

High Orc is on the list but in a sense it's ok to me so we didn't really put that one up in polls... although plenty of people train there, they drop nothing of high zeny value and their exp is average but not excessive. High Orc card's only use at the moment, is stripped away in the future when reflect damage no longer counts as physical damage (thus, high orc card in the future, will not activate any autocast abilities at all.)

Venatu is also on the list and that one now that Saku mentioned it, I'll think about it bit more and ask the other GMs. Anubis and Hillwind got a poll because GM team had very little agreement with little room to compromise, if at all.

09-21-2009 03:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

RE: ??Hatter NPC Update

GM-Ayu Wrote:Venatu is also on the list and that one now that Saku mentioned it.

*Re-calls convo in pront after dropping 5 venatu cards* Icon_cry

evil!

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
09-21-2009 04:01 PM
Pistis_Sophia Offline
Sexy ingame moderator

RE: ??Hatter NPC Update

The 2 cards seems pretty much controversial yet as those monsters are already very actively hunted.

Refereing to the poll yet, (2009/09/21)
26.47% want anubis card as a hatter card
67.65% don't want anubis card as a hatter card

26.42% want hillwind card as a hatter card
64.70% don't want hillwind card as a hatter card

GM-Ayu Wrote:High Orc is on the list but in a sense it's ok to me so we didn't really put that one up in polls... although plenty of people train there, they drop nothing of high zeny value and their exp is average but not excessive. High Orc card's only use at the moment, is stripped away in the future when reflect damage no longer counts as physical damage (thus, high orc card in the future, will not activate any autocast abilities at all.)

Venatu is also on the list and that one now that Saku mentioned it, I'll think about it bit more and ask the other GMs. Anubis and Hillwind got a poll because GM team had very little agreement with little room to compromise, if at all.
The list is already coded in the NPC from 3~4 months ago and tested about 2 months ago. That part of the NPC is ready as is.

Unlike Anubis and Hillwinds, HighOrcs aren't as much greatly hunted anymore. I see people there often but never as much as I seen in the hillwind's map.

Venatus, if I'm right, are a big hunt from the past. It doesn't matter anymore. If it is added as a hatter, there won't be a swarm of people going back to hunt them.

london-levi Wrote:what about drops, snake, roda frog, and condor card. i think they should be hatters since they are low-level cards and kinda useless imo.
Drops Card been in, out, in, out. Drops isn't hatter but you won't see it below 500k in Prontera. This is because wizards count on it to enhance their dex's cast rate.

I'm not going to say anything about those other cards to avoid even more spoiling about if they are in or not.

Edit:

I'm not worried about a hatter boom. Now that all the common mob cards been hunted (in 4 years of the server), there are no card that we can say "no one has them, if we add them it won't flood the hatter NPC for a short time". Following this, nothing would be hatter anymore.

The reason I been told about so many cards were left away is that no one bothered to update the script. This was not from lazyness. There were other priorities.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2009 06:21 PM by Pistis_Sophia.)
09-21-2009 04:27 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

anubis and hillwinds are hunted too commonly for a reason. And it is not for their card. So i see no reason in making them hatters. Other than HO (discussed above) and venatu (also discussed above), perhaps one could look into +7 crit +10% racial crit damage cards... or do enough people actually use them and produce enough demand/utility?

-w-
09-23-2009 02:29 AM
Aqualys Offline
Azure Sky

In my opinion, any card that has little use/value and is relatively easy to obtain (whether the monster is hunted a lot or not) should be a hatter card. Nobody wants to horde on useless items, yet nobody really wants to get rid of cards, no matter how useless they are. Because, well, they are cards. The hatter quest is genius, in that it makes "useless" cards useful, giving them value.

But I think it should also apply to cards that are very rarely used and/or the cards that have a lot more supply than demand (Anubis, Hill Wind and High Orc all fall into either of these categories), therefore, I voted that both of these cards should become hatters. While at it, Bongun and Skeleton cards should be added to the list as well. (And I never thought Santa Poring card should be hatter, but meh.)

Anyway, just my opinion.

[Image: Combination.jpg]
09-23-2009 04:36 AM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

Awww, I thought this was a hatter HATS thread.

More hats peez.

Also, no both to cards.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
09-23-2009 05:57 AM
F.x Offline
Bob Lawblaw's Law Blog

no to card, they'll cause more trouble than convenience.

and if u like to do smthng nice for Mr Hatter, make more hats ^__^

Fanimus             - Whitesmith
Clowning Around - Clown
09-23-2009 08:49 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE:??Hatter NPC Update

F.x Wrote:no to card, they'll cause more trouble than convenience.

and if u like to do smthng nice for Mr Hatter, make more hats ^__^

Why would we talk about more cards if it's not for adding more hats too?

09-23-2009 12:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed