Poll: For those potential hatter cards, I suggest...
This poll is closed.
Both Anubis Card and Hillwind Card should be hatter 23.53% 16 23.53%
Anubis Card should be hatter, but not Hillwind Card 11.76% 8 11.76%
Hillwind Card should be hatter, but not Anubis Card 13.24% 9 13.24%
None of these cards should be hatter 47.06% 32 47.06%
No opinion / Doesn't care 4.41% 3 4.41%
Total 68 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hatter NPC Update
Ardney Wolf Offline
Eccentric Old Guy

RE: ??Hatter NPC Update

GM-Ayu Wrote:Why would we talk about more cards if it's not for adding more hats too?
Stranger things have happened. Good to know the list will be expanding though.

Ardney - 99/70 Paladin
Objection!
09-23-2009 01:47 PM
Find all posts by this user
Janicealvein Offline
heRO's Bridget

RE: Hatter NPC Update

I don't see why there's such a big discussion over if it's a bad thing or not. Everyone and their dog already levels at Hill Winds and Anubis and their cards are pretty lame, so why not?

I really doubt there will be any more of a flood of people there just because their cards are suddenly hatter, it'd probably be about the same.

Hillwinds and Anubis are popular places for exp, why not make going to them worthwhile for your pockets too?

-edit-

Adding more hats to hatter would make the chances of getting a good hat/hat you want even lower, so is that really a good idea?

Janice! the inactive
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2009 03:17 PM by Janicealvein.)
09-23-2009 03:15 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE:??Hatter NPC Update

Janicealvein Wrote:-edit-

Adding more hats to hatter would make the chances of getting a good hat/hat you want even lower, so is that really a good idea?

I think first point from Janice has been discussed why it matters to some people.

As for this second point, some hats will go out while some hats will be new and go in to the list. Hats that are rare for no reason may move up to be more common, while hats that shouldn't be so easy to draw out, will have their chances decreased to balance it. Rarer the hat, the better it should be (or, restricted access to them so they are rare for a collector, such as holiday hats.) And thus, the hatter update.

09-23-2009 03:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Does this mean generic fetch item quests for some of them will be implemented? :D

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-23-2009 03:29 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Aaronock Wrote:Does this mean generic fetch item quests for some of them will be implemented? :D

I don't know actually XD; I only know that some hats are coming out of the list one way or another.

09-23-2009 03:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

4x hillwind carded rods are a good, affordable equip for new casters, so making them hatter would take it out of new heRO's price range :s

Anubis Cards are cheap not just because they're relatively common, but also because they aren't exceptionally popular/useful (perhaps only in Thanatos and a few other instances, but that's not much). Therefore, Anubis Cards seem like a good candidate for hatter Ok

[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
09-23-2009 03:58 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Its useful in part 2 of Muspel, has its place in Geffenia and if you are lacking Alice is good in Thanatos and Odins.

I believe that Dimensional Gorge also has an angel based monster...forget tho.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-23-2009 04:10 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

Janicealvein Wrote:I don't see why there's such a big discussion over if it's a bad thing or not. Everyone and their dog already levels at Hill Winds and Anubis and their cards are pretty lame, so why not?

I really doubt there will be any more of a flood of people there just because their cards are suddenly hatter, it'd probably be about the same.

Hillwinds and Anubis are popular places for exp, why not make going to them worthwhile for your pockets too?

-edit-

(and also aqualys's post)

i view the hatter quest as an incentive to hunt those other mobs that are not that great exp/hp wise or drop wise and especially not particularly wanted for their cards...

anubis and hill winds are great exp/hp, still a bit too easily abusable, and hill winds in particular is great money already. Making his card a hatter would be too much overkill that people would probably path to 99 without ever having to go to maps other than willow/spore - wolves - metaling - hill wind/mavka/anubis...

-w-
09-23-2009 11:07 PM
Flapjack Offline
Ahoy!

I vote that neither should be given the title of hatter card because the hatter card list is too long already. D:

Captain Flapjack - 8x/50 Hunter - Wonders if the cake Pandora baked has an expiry date.
Janus Firebrand - 3x/2x Merchant - Rests too much. *Hey, quit playing hooky!*
Blaize Brightflame - 6x/2x Soul Linker - Likes his red hair better than blonde.
09-24-2009 01:55 AM
Lunch Offline
Tasty Omelette.

Flapjack Wrote:I vote that neither should be given the title of hatter card because the hatter card list is too long already. D:

Yup. I totally argee. There shouln't be any need to make the list even longer unless all cards will turn into hatters in the end..? Even better chance of obtaining hatters is always nice but seriously, those good places to lvl shouldn't be abused for the sake of getting cards as well - as they most likely will.

Icon_suprised
09-27-2009 03:20 AM
Thread Closed