Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The super Gunsligner thread!
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

RE:??The super Gunsligner thread!

GM-Ayu Wrote:Or it's just an extended class that's not meant to be on the same page as trans... they are above non-trans, but clearly below trans. You have to give something if you want to save yourself the trouble of not having the need to go through yet another 99 levels again.

It doesn't matter, that a class is meant to be on the same level as trans. People defy the odds everyday on different RO servers.

What something is meant for, and what something can become is different.

Yes, in RO certain things have a limit. But on HeRO you can break that limit by using custom items towards your advantage.

Atleast, pvp wise. I've seen some gunslingers here rip apart people.

Mojo
Dirge of Cerberus

Face them in ToH and see how much you will be laughing when you got sprayed.

Even PVM wise, i've seen Dirge AND Mojo rip crap apart in Thanatos Tower and wow I was amazed at what they can do really.

A good example of what im talking about is an High Priest.
Its meant for support right? its gears area leaned to be a supporting class whether it be supporting mainly the party or supporting themselves for battle (if they go BP)

Who's even heard of a mvping HP? Certain equips on HeRO allow you to break the odds in certain builds for classes and kinda branch out, do your own thing.

Alexi aka Gonzo for instance one shotted with AV at one point. One shotted HP's. He worked for some pretty well gear but it wasn't all normal stuff that was official (he didn't cheat lol)

Gunslingers might have been made not to be on tier with trans, but thats only on the official side. On HeRO's custom side you can do so much to beef up that slinger so it can do things it could never do on the official.

Its why I Love HeRO really.

You can basically break the game with what the customs give you.
People do it everyday xD.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
10-01-2009 11:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gertrude Offline

RE: The super Gunsligner thread!

I <3 you Street! XD

And the changes/fix I talk about are not like adding a 10% dmg on demi-human hat(Gg soul linked edp'd 140 str sonic blows.). Or adding a +4 dext??hat, or adding armor that double the effects of cards. Those are balance changing items(Even if we love them though) that each and every hp prolly love when trying to keep up their guild members! XD
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2009 12:10 PM by Gertrude.)
10-01-2009 12:09 PM
Lysander Offline

The full buster thing pisses me off as well, I asked about this back in the day on another server and the answer that I got was, "The delay in damage = your attack speed." So if it takes one full second between your attacks then your damage will not appear for one second.

Thomas Covenant - Hunter
Lysander - Star Gladiator
Vann + Sheepy Sheep - Alchemist and homunculus
Marneus - Bard
10-01-2009 01:09 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Damage delay is a client side thing. A few sprites have the attack animation out of sync compare to when the game deals with the calculation. Dark Illusion, Alice and a few others have this because their attack animation end too quickly.

"Fixing" this involves a lot of not-very-balanced game aspect that may seem to get Full Buster back on par with AV, but at the same time, you enter the realm of 'HWSB" (the infamous chicken abuse).

Summary: the delay is sprite dependent. If you want a mild fix to the problem, play female gunslinger instead of male.

10-01-2009 01:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

RE: ??The super Gunsligner thread!

Yuriohs Wrote:Alexi aka Gonzo for instance one shotted with AV at one point. One shotted HP's. He worked for some pretty well gear but it wasn't all normal stuff that was official (he didn't cheat lol)

...You should never come -close- to dying from AV ever. If someone dies to AV ESPECIALLY one shot then you are way under geared/bad player.

^In WoE.

In PvP since people cry about potting so AV is more viable but still should never one shot you.

/offtopic sry :D

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
10-01-2009 02:02 PM
F.x Offline
Bob Lawblaw's Law Blog

GM-Ayu Wrote:If you want a mild fix to the problem, play female gunslinger instead of male.

@Ayu wtf!!? that is uber sexist Sweat

Fanimus             - Whitesmith
Clowning Around - Clown
10-01-2009 02:26 PM
Spawn Offline
Wow whats this case used for?

Well I noticed these delay on more than one class actually..(not 10 seconds but still) when you get hit by a mob and you have time to hide with your sin shot 2-3 grimthoots before the hit unhides you...theres a prob...

Spawn~---------WhiteSmith 96/65
Kobe------------Creator 99/65
Kust------------Assassin Cross 99/69
Harpell----------High Wizard 99/69
Miro------------High Priest 97/66

Do not Stand on my grave and weep
I am not there, I do not sleep
Do not stand on my grave and cry
I am not there, I did not die
10-01-2009 03:01 PM
GT-Hiro Offline
Shadow Drifter

I've pvp'ed when I've had to and I know what I'm talking about. Read carefully what I said the first time as I said nothing about the after-cast delay, but rather just "delay". And I've done the dust/fullbuster plenty of times here on THIS server. Additionally, one full buster isn't enough to kill me, Arman's tried and failed Icon_twisted

Also, you asked for the problems of compiling, I listed the beginning problems the compiler will throw at you.

Also, it may or may not be a bug/problem, the damage delay, but learn to work around it. Remember this one thing, HeRO is not that other server.

GT-BlackHiro, GT-WhiteHiro, GT-ShadowHiro, GT-Destiny

Quote:A Lost Soul drifting though the voids of Eternal
Darkness
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2009 03:15 PM by GT-Hiro.)
10-01-2009 03:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

GT-Hiro Wrote:Additionally, one full buster isn't enough to kill me, Arman's tried and failed Icon_twisted
I'll get you one of these daysIcon_cry.
10-01-2009 03:15 PM
Gertrude Offline

The delay is there for most of the monster, but gunslinger is the only class that must live with it.
10-01-2009 03:28 PM