Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is there so much hostility/dislike towards Renewal?
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

RE: Why is there so much hostility/dislike towards Renewal?

I like the item thing >.> Hate the monster thing as I already have enough issues training as is. And how would the insta cast be affected if they are only separating the damage functions of cards from weapons. I can understand how cards like Hydra and Skeleton Archer would be affected because they add additional damage, but cards like Hill Wind wouldn't really be affected because it already had nothing to do with the weapon. A card giving insta-cast wouldn't be affected by this either, not in anyway that I can see at least given the info I've seen here.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
10-04-2009 03:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

This is how insta-cast will be affected in RO Renewal, it seems:

Quote:Cast Time
- Cast time appears to have changed considerably.
- At present, it does not appear as though stats affect your casting speed.
- Casting time of skills appears to be fixed, and can be reduced by a set amount with gears and supportive skills.
- The cast time of most skills have been adjusted to be balanced based on the new casting rules.

Therefore, it appears that under renewal mechanics there won't be any insta-cast-everything at all, and 150dex won't make any difference.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I agree that it'd be a lot of drama and fighting if heRO were to pick-and-choose some Renewal aspects, like 3rd classes, to add to our server Thinking

The heRO staff are already adding so much interesting new custom stuff all the time that it'll still stay interesting for us without renewal! Love

But I still think it might be a viable option to add some Renewal things someday... (not any time in the near future though)

[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
10-04-2009 04:05 PM
Lord Adjuchas Offline

My opinion hate it or love it its still comeing... well gt it sooner or later and what ever the yare doing its not to make a game worst its to make a game better so i say YES to reneval! Icon_smile

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
JaggerJack 99/70 champ
GrimJaw 99/69 sinx
10-04-2009 05:55 PM
Pyronic Offline
Fire Starter

sound slike its just making people party more :O and give the game a werid story mode kinda.

[Image: pyrosig1ln4.th.jpg]

Uploaded with
ImageShack.us
    *~Talking to my blades like they fly b*tches~*
10-04-2009 06:14 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I honestly dunno what to think about renewal. Assuming all cast times are fixed, I'd also assume that either A: they're going to lower the cast times on some of the older spells like the 15 second lvl 10 SG or Meteor or Magnus Excorcismus. Or B: Practically require classes to HAVE to party with other classes like bards who's skills may or may not do much.

A couple mid and high rate server I've been on have implemented the new classes, despite the fact they can't use the new skills yet. And with the same old mechanics, they almost completely overpower the old classes, so It might be a bit of a balance thing.

Everything we talk about is about "Planned" changes. Things don't always go according to plan, so I'm trying to not worry so much about that.
10-04-2009 06:57 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

@ legendary, I read some spells get reduced cast time, like the bolts. I actually want to atleast test the renewal, its sounds intersting IMO.

Maybe they should implament it for like a week and let people vote to see if it stays or not, but really, just because it doesnt SOUND good doesn't mean it won't be, gotta give it a chance =P

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
10-04-2009 07:30 PM
DoctahW Offline
Wants a Whitesmith

Cast times are 80% variable, 20% fixed. SG10 has a 2.8 second fixed cast time. Arch Bishops get a skill that halves said fixed cast. And Warlocks get a passive that reduces it by 10% of the fixed, furthermore, INT and DEX now affect variable cast times, just to clear that bit up.

I would like to see how it'd go, I've heard in Renewal, you 99 4x faster, and 1-150 is the same as 1-99 currently.

~My characters? May as well...~

Borha - Level 8x/4x Professor (Not on much...)
Kurim - Level 7x/3x High Priest
SomeNoobWizard - level 9x/50 Wiz
Wilopolis - level 6x/3x Alchemist
Dr. Strangely Weird - level 6x/3x Bard
10-04-2009 07:54 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I feel Renewal is basically Gravity's lazy way of saying they won't make RO2. I wouldn't have minded so much if they actually did this with another game, but to do it to one as old as RO just seems ass backwards to me.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-04-2009 09:46 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

imho, basically renewal will make RO more like all the other MMORPGs currently available out there thus it is personally undesirable for me.

RO having crazy low drop rates for cards and some items are good for a reason. Taking it away would make it just like all the others out there... and when that happens, we know that graphics-wise RO may not be the best eye candy available...

-w-
10-04-2009 10:14 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Because so many people, especially on 1/1/1 rates, have worked their butts off for years to get their gears and stats/builds, and now get to find out that most of it is worth zilch.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
10-04-2009 10:24 PM