Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is there so much hostility/dislike towards Renewal?
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE: Why is there so much hostility/dislike towards Renewal?

If it is to be implemented on hero, it would sure be a great time for a...

r
e
s
e
t

Icon_smile

Of course it would also be the time to fix the rates into 10/10/10

Icon_smile

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
10-04-2009 10:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
~Altera~ Offline
I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON MAH FINGERS

Same reason tidals and wools are jacked up:
Yay, we get to remake the shit we put a year into 8D

~Altera lvl 99/70 Sniper ~ : Altera lvl 9x/50 Wizard ~
Altera~ lvl 96/50 Sin ~ : ~Altera~ lvl 9x/6x High Priest ~
"heRO is a worthy server, that Altera doesn't deserve!"

[Image: basebelong-1.jpg]
10-04-2009 10:48 PM
Ling Offline
You know all you need to...

RE: ??Why is there so much hostility/dislike towards Renewal?

DoctahW Wrote:Though I do know what a challenge instant cast is. I've still yet to figure out that gear combo.

High Wiz

Base :99
Bonus: 9
AoA: 3
Zodiac w/ Observation Card (still havent figure out if this works) if you have 72 vit its +8 dex (normally four, zodiacs x2 and i dont know if vit gears affect it, if they do vit may vary)
Drops survivors rod (dex) 4
Two Zerom Gloves: 8 total
Bless: 10
Lvl 9 Dex food: 9

= 150dex, leet hp, super low matk Icon_smile

Naruhodo Wrote:Stupid Gravity Icon_sad

lawl, gravity

See the Pwnage, Fear the Pwnage, Taste the Pwnage

Yotaku IV 95/50 Baby Bard
Yotaku VII 97/50 Hunter
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2009 12:13 AM by Ling.)
10-05-2009 12:10 AM
DoctahW Offline
Wants a Whitesmith

To the person who posted instacast HW formula: Wow, that's definately a bunch of rare stuff. Hehe.

And not to sound as if I'm staunchly trying to defend Renewal, but what builds (Well, save for FS Profs, really, I know they're getting a huge nerf) and gears are exactly rendered useless? I'm just actually fully curious. That's all.

Well, save for the whole 'slot number doesn't factor into potential damage' thing.

~My characters? May as well...~

Borha - Level 8x/4x Professor (Not on much...)
Kurim - Level 7x/3x High Priest
SomeNoobWizard - level 9x/50 Wiz
Wilopolis - level 6x/3x Alchemist
Dr. Strangely Weird - level 6x/3x Bard
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2009 01:01 AM by DoctahW.)
10-05-2009 12:59 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Any gears one has solely for insta-cast, for one.

As for builds, if I am going PvM, then I'm wanting to cut out a bunch on that DEX I have for fast cast. It is more than enough for hitting stuff, so why waste those stats when they could be in other ones?

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2009 01:05 AM by Ellie.)
10-05-2009 01:04 AM
DoctahW Offline
Wants a Whitesmith

....But Warlocks get instant cast without needing gears, due to a few skills of their own. (Well, okay, save for Comet and Tetra Vortex. ...Then again TV should NEVER be instant cast. That's 12000% MATK. Sweat ) I'm just stating what I've learned via reading information. Sweat That's all. As well as that fact there will be the possibility for 100 INT, 100 DEX, 100 VIT, 100 LCK builds from what I've read, for Warlocks or caster Sorcerors. You'll get enough stat points to afford all of those.

Though, really, they've changed how most stats work (Luck now being the sole stat resist stat, INT reducing cast time along with DEX, VIT reducing the time status effects last on you, etc.)

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2009 01:21 AM by DoctahW.)
10-05-2009 01:18 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Renewal so far seems to be more about strange hybrid builds and less about exponential increases from high end stat points.

Many builds don't get crap like 90+ base str anymore, as you'd get more benefit putting it to Agi or Luk at some point XD

Basically its a new game without being a new game and the confusion is to me why didn't they do this stuff to RO2? :s

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-05-2009 01:21 AM
DoctahW Offline
Wants a Whitesmith

RE:??Why is there so much hostility/dislike towards Renewal?

Aaronock Wrote:Basically its a new game without being a new game and the confusion is to me why didn't they do this stuff to RO2? :s

Sorry if I seem super chatty, lol. But anyway, yeah, I'd agree with this statement. Only Gravity knows why they're doing half the things they're doing that would be easier to do with their yet-to-even-hit-open-beta sequel to RO.

10-05-2009 01:26 AM
hiropyro Offline
~insert witty phrase here~

I honestly think renewal is what RO needs. 8 years ago or whenever this came out game balance like we see now adays really never came in Korea.(Mind you we had ever quest and it was kinda like WoW can not remember was forever ago XD) But with renewal you can finally know what to lvl on, and not be forced to stay at the same dry monster for 99 lvls. This way you see more of the RO world (which is truly an amazing world) and this way you will get varied equips, not just 50 of the same equip.

THe monster aspect is actually kinda dumb but it works with them changing the experience tables. It is no longer, 20mil or w/e to get from 98 to 99. Before trans, its only like 9mil or something like that.??And alot of the monsters are getting stat changes, and the Sages and Priests or who ever trains on weak monsters for a long time. Need not worry, the different stat changes help make all classes powerful in the beginning (not as powerful as a 99 mind you) and at a certain point you balance out again. This also helps add the need for parties which is what honestly makes ro fun to me. Partying with people and making life time friends.....WEll I sorta lost my main topic so yell at me or something ^_^ but I look forward to renewal. All though I doubt I will still be playing RO by then. (By the time we would even see it, FF14 and Star wars the old republic will be out. XD)
((Read this after i posted my post.))
DoctahW Wrote:
Aaronock Wrote:Basically its a new game without being a new game and the confusion is to me why didn't they do this stuff to RO2? :s

Sorry if I seem super chatty, lol. But anyway, yeah, I'd agree with this statement. Only Gravity knows why they're doing half the things they're doing that would be easier to do with their yet-to-even-hit-open-beta sequel to RO.
@Aaronock
RO2 is bieng developed by Gung HO entertainment I believe. With Gravity releasing it. Although RO1 is being lead by gung ho and lvl up as well now but I am not sure....

@DoctahW
^_^ RO2 hit open beta in KR but there was only like 15hrs worth of game play (lvl 20) and they where going to take it out of open beta and charge $15 a month. But everyone complained so they took it off for an unspecified amount of time. Saying it will return bigger and better then you could expect. So I think the reason they are changing RO1 is to make people want RO2 more (most people wont like some aspects about Renewal.) and then release it.

[Image: sigp.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2009 01:50 AM by hiropyro.)
10-05-2009 01:47 AM
DoctahW Offline
Wants a Whitesmith

RE:??Why is there so much hostility/dislike towards Renewal?

hiropyro Wrote:@DoctahW
^_^ RO2 hit open beta in KR but there was only like 15hrs worth of game play (lvl 20) and they where going to take it out of open beta and charge $15 a month. But everyone complained so they took it off for an unspecified amount of time. Saying it will return bigger and better then you could expect. So I think the reason they are changing RO1 is to make people want RO2 more (most people wont like some aspects about Renewal.) and then release it.

Hehe, I hadn't read that... but wow, this all could be a fascinating tactic to make people move to RO2. Question Mark Hehe, and that's a nice opinion you have of Renewal. Nice to see that I'm not the only one who looks forward to it. I want to try it before I diss it. Ok

10-05-2009 01:55 AM