Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is there so much hostility/dislike towards Renewal?
Flapjack Offline
Ahoy!

RE: Why is there so much hostility/dislike towards Renewal?

I admit, RO2 sucks. It's just making a new game out of an old game, and a complete rip-off at that. It's much worse than Renewal.

Okay, here are my two cents re: the Renewal features.

> Weapon damage recalc: I like this one, since it's not only the cards which are rare stuff. I've noticed that many of the high-level weapons like Brocca, Light Epsilon and Slaughter aren't used in usual leveling; most people would opt for carded low-level weapons. Gravity made a mistake in giving too much power in cards and it's time those ignored weapons give a fair share of usage.

> No more no cast: mixed feelings on this one. Because of this, Gravity would have to rebalance all skills and give them cast time adjustments. This will shock the hell out of old players, but I expect them to be pros and adjust well to this after a few months. (I know I'll be shot at this remark. >.<)

> Stat "hybridization": well, this depends on how good you know your stats. And I guess few people do, so I'll just request you guys to save up your sole stat reset.

> Monsters and EXP: Best thing they made so far. At least they made monster levels relevant (I know few people care on that since monster level doesn't mean you can take on it when you got equal levels). And well, there are more than 200 monsters in RO; it's not an adventure if you just lived your life out of Hill Winds, isn't it?

Overall, I like RO's makeover into Renewal. And it's being underhyped makes me optimistic it will blow the socks off anyone when everything's been fixed.

Captain Flapjack - 8x/50 Hunter - Wonders if the cake Pandora baked has an expiry date.
Janus Firebrand - 3x/2x Merchant - Rests too much. *Hey, quit playing hooky!*
Blaize Brightflame - 6x/2x Soul Linker - Likes his red hair better than blonde.
10-05-2009 01:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

RE:??Why is there so much hostility/dislike towards Renewal?

Doddler Wrote:Experience Chart
- The following is the current known experience requirement for non-transcendent characters, along with some samples of how much experience optimal monsters give at that level.

level 1 - 550 exp
level 3 - 1500 exp
level 4 - 2200 exp (porings worth 30 exp)
level 5 - 3200 exp (fabres worth 60 exp)
level 7 - 4200 exp (hornets worth 90 exp)
level 9 - 5000 exp (hornets worth 80 exp)
level 10 - 5500 exp
level 11 - 6000 exp (rockers worth 114 exp)
level 12 - 6100 exp
level 13 - 6350 exp
level 15 - 7350 exp
level 17 - 8400 exp
level 23 - 12000 exp
level 34 - 23000 exp (coco worth 312 exp)
level 35 - 24000 exp
level 36 - 26000 exp
level 37 - 27500 exp
level 38 - 29000 exp (orc ladys worth 445 exp)
level 49 - 50500 exp (orc zombies worth 470 exp)
level 63 - 77000 exp
level 65 - 84000 exp
level 68 - 95000 exp (argiope worth 1053 exp)
level 71 - 140000 exp
level 86 - 600000 exp (soliders worth 1775 exp)
level 87 - 680000 exp
level 98 - 4000000 exp

- Transcend characters require exactly twice the experience (base and job) as non-transcend characters.

And you're whining about the experience when it has already been divised by about 24 times ?

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
10-05-2009 04:16 AM
Rachelle620 Offline

so far, all the reasons people hate, i still dont mind it all O_o

i love the idea of no real insta cast (though there's still bragi for faster casts) and the "go level somewhere else" it, new jobs are the best too! but ireally cant see the reason to hate it lol XD

[Image: koharuez7.jpg]
10-05-2009 04:30 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

More classes like fast casting than just Warlocks. =P

Quote:it's not an adventure if you just lived your life out of Hill Winds, isn't it?

Not much of one if you have only a few certain places to level in in the first place either now, is it?
Where you go to level is pretty much dictated to you. All the monsters that give good exp for that level range with crowded, as you can no longer trade off experience for job drops, or farming in other places.

I also wonder how this applies to homuns. Will it go by their base if they are killing, or yours? Will you get no exp if the monster the homun kills is too far below your level?

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2009 06:16 AM by Ellie.)
10-05-2009 06:00 AM
Lunch Offline
Tasty Omelette.

Flapjack Wrote:> Stat "hybridization": well, this depends on how good you know your stats. And I guess few people do, so I'll just request you guys to save up your sole stat reset.

When the time comes, I demand a free stat reset for everyone...
Icon_eek
10-05-2009 06:01 AM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

idk, all i know is when renewal comes out on iro ill enjoy it there.

Exactly what kretz said xD

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
10-05-2009 07:34 AM
Former-GM-Mass Offline
Banned

I'm really looking forward for renewal, I play this game since beta and it changed so much on those 9 years or something. I don't see why it would be so bad, in the beginning, getting 99 was a nightmare, it was rare to see people with auras, 150 dex? wtfhax.
They're simply trying to make RO balanced, more like it was at the beginning at least, not totally balanced though...
What I don't like is by doing that, it's going to look too much like all current MMOs.
Either way, I wanted it to, someday, happen to RO, glad it finally came. Gravity did a terrible job on the past game updates, mostly after trans classes were released.
10-05-2009 10:30 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

GM-Mass Wrote:Gravity did a terrible job on the past game updates, mostly after trans classes were released.

I agree, wtf gunsligers and ninjas and taekwon job system ):

They should have add another basic 7th first class and complete job set into 2 new second class & later on 2 new trans instead of implementing new jobs working out of ro's job system and having no futur.??Like who cares about gunsliger in woe? It's just a useless gimmick.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2009 10:55 AM by Général_Argos.)
10-05-2009 10:52 AM
Former-GM-Mass Offline
Banned

It would be great to have trans GS/Ninjas/TKs, yeah. More real jobs = much better.
Working on the skill balances would be great too by then. If they did it right or at least a bit better, they wouldn't need to make renewal now.
Frankly, they're fixing their mistakes now, and I'm happy they are.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and renewal makes RO less "stay for hundreds of hours at the same place and doing the same things to get something useful for a game". And nowadays, people have less free time so those kinds of MMOs lost strenght.
Not saying we don't have to work for it but there are ways to make things rare and not incredibly boring to get our hands on.
10-05-2009 10:58 AM
Neuneck Offline
Back on the road!

Alright, my turn:

Most horrible thing ever is the thing with the relative-to-lvl xp. I know this is introduces to make leeching / tanking to powerlvl harder (or impossible). But see it from another PoV. Somebody skilled at the game might be able to find a strategy how to kill a much stronger monster. Those persons, figuring out new builds, new equip stuffs are just screwed over, because every time you want to do something out of the box you're UNABLE to.

Then with the Weapon atk: Yes, a four-carded composite bow is better than a Luna Bow, but well.. you need to farm/buy two more cards. Also, most people would like to have their composite bow at +10 for carding, which requires an average of 20 tries. So getting 20 composite bows + 4 cards usually will be harder than getting a Luna Bow. Or at least more time-consuming.

The Wizard stuff is just horrible. This will turn the whole casting system upside down! One of the two possible ways in game to kill stuff.

I like the game I like for a few years now. There may sometimes be new items or areas released that render your current equip just second-best, but that's just a minor change. I have quite a bit of knowledge of RO, which is why i keep playing it. If I was to loose all that knowledge, well ... I'd go for a different game. No point in playing over and over something of which i know how it worked in the past...

Mr Moe - 99/69 SinX
Mr Satch - 9x/6x Clown
Mr Power - Xx/Xx Whitesmith
Mr Strafe - 9x/50 Hunter - Coffee Break
Mr Heal - 9x/50 Priest
10-05-2009 12:29 PM