Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is there so much hostility/dislike towards Renewal?
DoctahW Offline
Wants a Whitesmith

RE:??Why is there so much hostility/dislike towards Renewal?

Ellie Wrote:More classes like fast casting than just Warlocks. =P

Sorceror's offensive spells are all 3 second cast area effects.

Bolt spells had their cast times halved.

Arch Bishops gain some relatively fast-casting offensive spells.

Shuras... well, even with Asura not being capable of being instant anymore, it's hard to say they're 'suffering', plus most of their skills are instant.

Royal Guards don't really need to worry much about cast time since they have a new, no-cast method of mob-levelling. Sweat

And Shadow Chasers that cast get to ignore cast times with Auto Shadow Spell. (I've seen it done, one solo'ing in Nameless with Meteor Storm Plagiarized and used for Auto Shadow spell, and Highness Heal reproduced.)

Bragi still affects Cast Delay and variable cast time, which is highly potent when combined with AB's Sacrament, which halves all fixed cast time.

Plus let's not mention there could be a whole slew of fixed cast time reduction gears in the waiting. (I've seen a screenshot of a body armor that removes 3% of the fixed portion of your cast.)

And in response to the 'relative to exp' thing, I've read that most people fight things 4-5 levels above them without much difficulty. (Plus, monster spawn points were changed as well as monster levels, AI, stats, etc.)

~My characters? May as well...~

Borha - Level 8x/4x Professor (Not on much...)
Kurim - Level 7x/3x High Priest
SomeNoobWizard - level 9x/50 Wiz
Wilopolis - level 6x/3x Alchemist
Dr. Strangely Weird - level 6x/3x Bard
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2009 02:37 PM by DoctahW.)
10-05-2009 02:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ether Offline
Keeper of the Memory Book

RE: Why is there so much hostility/dislike towards Renewal?

Personally, I don't like most of renewal so far. There is a lot of stuff to be exited about, but there's the same amount of stuff to whine about. A great example would be the skill changes to the old classes (found here)

Most of them are pretty cool changes, but the few ones I hate (2h quicken for knightsIcon_sad ) really ruin the renewal for me. Although it does kinda make sense...

Oh, and WTF!!! ROYAL GAURDS GET GRIFFONS?!!!! All rune knights get are funny looking lizard... dragon... things...

"Si Senior your pants are tore you better go home and
get some more~!"

(>'.')>              (>;,;(>
<('.'<(              <(;,;<(
<('.')>              <(;,;(>
Cute        Cuddle you to death
10-05-2009 10:55 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I prefer a green lizard more than a bird with wings out of its butt.

Nothing is really "wrong" with renewal, just that so many changes over 1 patch for a game, then people treat it as if they can't recognize the game they used to know and love anymore... If they did it more carefully and planned these changes a bit at a time over 4 episodes (even official RO had an update drought between ep 11 to 13), I doubt that people will whine even half as much as they did now.

Also don't judge a skill until they are seen in action itself... I mean, Ninja sounded excellent in theory too, and what happened there?

10-05-2009 11:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shikari Offline
Br?

@ayu-> I've been hearing talk that to implament renewal we'd lose our chars, due to doing some wipe, is this true or not? X_x

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
10-05-2009 11:15 PM
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

I like what Gravity's trying to do with Renewal by making classes balanced and helping put an emphasis on parties... but the way they're doing it, by changing RO so much and pissing people off, is not how it should be done.

So I think heRO's constant custom additions are like our own "heRO Renewal," which would be totally superior to the actual Renewal!

We can prolly make the game more balanced over time with custom items, and put an emphasis on partying with party-only custom zones with tough, but good, custom mobs Icon_biggrin

I'm not saying we'll overhaul RO drastically, but I think that over time, heRO can improve RO much better than Gravity will; all the awesome game-balancing stuff they've already added like the Hatter quests is proof of that! Love

[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2009 11:24 PM by Naruhodo.)
10-05-2009 11:21 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE:??Why is there so much hostility/dislike towards Renewal?

Naruhodo Wrote:but the way they're doing it, by changing RO so much and pissing people off, is not how it should be done.
Which is why heRO exists (RO old-school).

Though, I can't blame them. iRO is popular as it is, but it's population levels is something more akin to a bear market chart (to those who get what I mean), so they need something new to keep things fresh and bring in new players, especially with all the new MMOs out these days. But that's Gravity, not heRO. It doesn't affect us per-se, so I think the renewal is entirely optional.

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
10-06-2009 12:03 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: ??Why is there so much hostility/dislike towards Renewal?

Galt Wrote:
Naruhodo Wrote:but the way they're doing it, by changing RO so much and pissing people off, is not how it should be done.
Which is why heRO exists (RO old-school).

Though, I can't blame them. iRO is popular as it is, but it's population levels is something more akin to a bear market chart (to those who get what I mean), so they need something new to keep things fresh and bring in new players, especially with all the new MMOs out these days. But that's Gravity, not heRO. It doesn't affect us per-se, so I think the renewal is entirely optional.

The only problem with that is that I don't think anything they'll ever do to RO will significantly increase it's population anymore. Beyond a certain point, games are sort of destined to die. RO survived longer than a lot of others, even if it was never as big.... but it's basically a dying game in my opinion. Renewal will change things, and might bring back some players or even bring in a few new ones... but they're up against so many other newer, more appealing MMOs that I don't think anything anyone could do at this point will "renew" RO. At best, they can hope to keep their current player base and maybe hope for a small % increase instead of the current bleeding of their player base.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
10-06-2009 12:18 AM
Arkanis Offline
Rising Demon

What I really don't like of renewal is the fact that stats/skills/equipement effects and calculation will be changed.

For exemple: I have 45+110 def that means I have 45%+11% neutral physical resistance.????(which means at 88+120 I get 100% resist in theory)

BUT here new armor I saw: Black Armor[1] 93 Def
???????????????????????????????????? Rosa Shield[1] 130 Def

With 2 pieces of armor(not even an upgrade on it, which means upgrade will also have to change <.<) I already have a total of : 223 Def (wich means an ABSORBTION of 123%.

So I can say that not only attacks but also defenses and upgrades will be changed and turned into some life easy s*** like all MMO's... THAT really disappoint me...

So even if we wanted to add 3rd classes here, we have to completely change to renewal system (imo kills RO) or change every single items/skills so it fits current Ro. (which is hard work)

[Image: 4bbda0up6.gif]
In War Like In Love, Instinct Prevail.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2009 10:17 AM by Arkanis.)
10-06-2009 10:14 AM
Former-GM-Mass Offline
Banned

All def in renewal is like current Vit def. So it's direct damage reduction.
Your +110 def means you take -110 damage from every attack(like how it'll be on renewal), not 11% btw.
10-06-2009 11:15 AM
Loveless Offline
Beautifully Broken

I like renewal because it makes RO a bit more for casual players.

[Image: lovelesssig02vx1.png]
10-06-2009 01:16 PM